75055 - Imperial Star Destroyer

Piece_Out_Studios

33 minutes ago, valenciaeric said:

What d you guys think about AT AT and Mos? I feel AT AT will stick around for a while and that Mos is a dead duck.

My working assumption for the year has been that all of the blue box SW sets are on their way out and, so far, that is looking to be pretty accurate.  The At-At and Cantina are the two sets that could throw my prediction off, but if ISD is, in fact, going, it is hard to see either of those sticking around.

The january winter wave that contains 10 new sets is just around the corner.  Then there are an additional 4 more rumored to be on the way sometime after that. 

I'd say quite a few of the vader boxes are on their last legs.  Which ones? Well my initial guess is all the ones that are currently sold out or have a retiring soon  tag at LEGO Shop at Home.  Although, I wouldn't be shocked to see AT-AT's or the snowspeeder sticking around into the summer, especially with the new hoth wave set and that giant hoth rebel base coming out soon.... but then again, maybe they will retire those too, which could boost the aftermarket for AT-AT's a slight bit.  But judging from the yoda boxes going into retirement this year (only EV and Red5 have prolonged past march), and the clone boxes from the previous year went (same deal), I think all these sets will be gone very soon.

Edited by fossilrock
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, valenciaeric said:

AT AT was restocked at US shop today - maybe that is the last production run.

Yep... it was sitting at "will ship by the 15th" for a few weeks.  Looks like that "prophecy" was truth. 

Now the question is how long will they remain available?  Last time they lasted less than a week.

I have zero of these and I just don't feel like I am missing anything.  There has never been a time one of these sets were on sale that made me feel like I needed to pull the trigger.  If you compare this to the 6211 set I just have a feeling this one will always pale in comparison. I just have not seen a sale on these that made me feel like it was a good enough deal to pull the trigger and when it was close I always picked the AT-AT. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, legoray01 said:

I have zero of these and I just don't feel like I am missing anything.  There has never been a time one of these sets were on sale that made me feel like I needed to pull the trigger.  If you compare this to the 6211 set I just have a feeling this one will always pale in comparison. I just have not seen a sale on these that made me feel like it was a good enough deal to pull the trigger and when it was close I always picked the AT-AT. 

Agree---I know it's impossible to make this to scale or even close, but it just looks funny to me when compared to say the TIE Fighter or X-Wing.  I don't know.  I have zero too....and don't really care.  Hope it makes some money for the rest of you.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, legoray01 said:

I remember in the spring we were debating AT AT or ISD and I put my hat in the ISD ring. Glad about that now as AT AT´s are still widely available here and spaceships usually perform better than land vehicles. ISD has stronger minifigs and features in the new film so I don´t see how it can lose over the next 3-6 months. Definitely not a set to hold for too long, but it should provide much healthier returns than a Benny spaceship, for one.

• Like 1

Do you all reckon 6211 might take a little jump in value alongside 75055 with it's retirement? I've got 2 used ones that I was planning on strategically listing after the film drops, but maybe a little sooner is better with the Retired tag in europe? Or would the suggestion be to wait until it goes Retired in US as well? 

15 minutes ago, Zelgazra said:

Do you all reckon 6211 might take a little jump in value alongside 75055 with it's retirement? I've got 2 used ones that I was planning on strategically listing after the film drops, but maybe a little sooner is better with the Retired tag in europe? Or would the suggestion be to wait until it goes Retired in US as well? 

I'd suspect so.  The original Sail Barge has really bounced up in price after the newest one retired.  It's now higher than what it was before that set was released.  As time goes on the amount of ones still left in the box gets scarcer.  

20 minutes ago, fossilrock said:

As time goes on the amount of ones still left in the box gets scarcer.  

Well they're both used unfortunately. And both missing figs, which I know hits the value, but regardless, if overall value goes up, figless sets should go up somewhat proportionately I hope. Sold listings last week showed people buying the ship sans-figs at ~$100 US. Would be stoked to fetch $125 each for them. Time will tell I suppose! 

Edited by Zelgazra

33 minutes ago, jaisonline said:

This pretty much confirms we'll be seeing a TFA ISD in about a year.

There is no need to guess if lego will make a new ISD. Both lego and disney will milk every ounce of juice from SW. Even a trash can that appear briefly in the movie will be made into a toy.

• Like 3