75055 - Imperial Star Destroyer

Piece_Out_Studios

With a current ~$100 buy-in, easy availability, and the set marked "sold out" in the US and "retired" in the EU, this is pretty much a no-brainer.  I'd guess you're looking at a 50-60% bump as soon as stock is depleted in the US.  It's rare we get a decent-sized SW set like this as retired/sold out and still see substantial discounts from MSRP and easy acquisition.  This kind of opportunity is not an every-month occurrence in our little hobby.*  Figure this as a $200 set by next summer, especially if the movie is a big hit and not a dog (see: Ep I-II-III).  

*even a few slow-selling dogs bought at 50%+ off MSRP early this year have appreciated nicely in the last 6 months for a healthy return.  A few good examples are Mechdragon (bought for $17 at TRU and now selling for $40+) and 4204 The Mine (bought for $50 at TRU, and clearing $100 today).  Even the Jedi Cruiser - bought at $57 from TRU back in February, is starting to clear $90+ on eBay, with some very recent BIN sales at $99.  All good stuff.

Edited by diablo2112
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Nick83 said:

Have you noticed that "Sold out" was written in orange on US LEGO Shop at Home ?
I saw this on several sets, some are written in red and others in orange. 

I asked the same question a little while back on a new thread and didn't get much  back...

http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/15195-sold-out-color/

20 minutes ago, biking_tiger said:

I find it funny anyone is worried about text color meaning at LEGO Shop at Home when LEGO Shop at Home is notorious for tech issues.

I know. I am not going to read to much into Lego IT not knowing how to properly use CSS

2 hours ago, Nick83 said: Have you noticed that "Sold out" was written in orange on US LEGO Shop at Home ?

I saw this on several sets, some are written in red and others in orange. 

I asked the same question a little while back on a new thread and didn't get much  back...

http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/15195-sold-out-color/

In all fairness, you weren't the first to mention the colors...

21 minutes ago, cladner said:

target and target now sold out for online ordering.  amazon jacked the price up $10.

blood is in the water.  chomp chomp.

Amazon appears to be sold out as well at the $114.99 price.  When I check out, it sets to the quantity to 0 available and I can't continue with the checkout.  Luckily I picked up 2 last week when they were $104.99

30 minutes ago, keith1833 said:

Amazon appears to be sold out as well at the $114.99 price.  When I check out, it sets to the quantity to 0 available and I can't continue with the checkout.  Luckily I picked up 2 last week when they were $104.99

Likely because you've met your purchase limit for a 7 day period, not because it is sold out. I bought one last week and was able to purchase another today, but Amazon adjusted my purchase total from 2 to 1 because of the limit. Amazon is pretty darn good about making a set "disappear" from their stock when they are out.

Sent my wife on a run after work, and she grabbed a few more of these using target's online price match.  Highest i've paid for them so far, but I wanted a few more unblemished box copies of these before they were gone.  Now all that's left is what I can get online at amazon, and TRU..

Edited by fossilrock

19 minutes ago, fossilrock said:

Sent my wife on a run after work, and she grabbed a few more of these using target's online price match.  Highest i've paid for them so far, but I wanted a few more unblemished box copies of these before they were gone.  Now all that's left is what I can get online at amazon, and TRU..

Did you factor in the Chanel / LV she is getting tomorrow in your cost?

• Like 1

Only Amazon.de now have stock of this below RRP. I guess it is following a similar pattern to 7965 last year and with a bit of luck will sell out there prior to the big Xmas rush. I figure these sell at a 1:5 rate versus Millennium Falcon but are also much less hoarded.

17 hours ago, valenciaeric said:

Only Amazon.de now have stock of this below RRP. I guess it is following a similar pattern to 7965 last year and with a bit of luck will sell out there prior to the big Xmas rush. I figure these sell at a 1:5 rate versus Millennium Falcon but are also much less hoarded.

Mytoys.de has this set in stock as well, and for the same price as amazon.de. The same is true for 75054 AT-AT.

In for two at 109 each plus some shopper rewards that brought them down to 94 each.  With tax my buy in is $100.  I had zero so now I have two but with them disappearing from the wild I figured now was the time.  Lego SAh and the MI brick and mortar store was out.  Amazon was at $129 so I figured this would be my only chance at a discount.

Toys r us is drip feeding these in to ebay at just under £90. I wonder how many they have before the price can rise up beyond rrp. They are doing the same with Bennys SSS. Clever stock clearance tactics from them I reckon.

Don't matter, there's not enough stock to keep up with demand. This ones going to rise quick. I'll be surprised if it's not hitting £160-200 before the years out