75055 - Imperial Star Destroyer

Piece_Out_Studios

19 minutes ago, thoroakenfelder said:

I saw a big stack of these at Walmart today.

At MSRP ($130) this set is a fair bet.  At $70-$85 (which wasn't real difficult over the past couple of months) it's going to be a very nice acquisition. Don't be surprised when this one hits $200 a year from now.  It's as good a non-exclusive, non-UCS set as there is out there.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mfortunek said:

At MSRP ($130) this set is a fair bet.  At $70-$85 (which wasn't real difficult over the past couple of months) it's going to be a very nice acquisition. Don't be surprised when this one hits $200 a year from now.  It's as good a non-exclusive, non-UCS set as there is out there.

Toywiz is selling them for online shipping at walmart.com right now for $199.99, so I won't be surprised by that at all.

What I am surprised is that Toywiz is charging $224.99 for the AT-AT which is also OOS for shipping from walmart even though AT-AT has a lower MSRP.

TLG has done us a favor by EOL'ing this right before xmas and TFA release day.

I've been mopping up the excess AT-AT and ISD supply at my local tax-free NH walmarts with the unspent creative tower wad burning a hole in my pocket :crying:

Edited by cladner

I also have my doubts about this set. Cause as you say it seems less scarce than AT-AT. Also that it is still available in shops eventhough it is retired and we are in the holiday period. This could make you think it is less loved or mass produced. 

I have only one bought at deep discount. I will probably leave it at that.

Edited by Ciglione

the demand for ISD is clearly less than that of AT-AT.  at least just out of the gate it is.

That being said, I still have 10 ISD.  I'm just not mad scrambling for more ISD but I do have a nice 4 hour road trip set up for myself tomorrow to harvest the 10AT-AT's and 20 Snowspeeders at walmarts in western NH I have not yet beeen too befoyer.

Edited by cladner
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Ciglione said:

I also have my doubts about this set. Cause as you say it seems less scarce than AT-AT. Also that it is still available in shops eventhough it is retired and we are in the holiday period. This could make you think it is less loved or mass produced. 

I have only one bought at deep discount. I will probably leave it at that.

Get a few more ;)

It's hard to predict what will happen with the AT-AT or ISD over the next year.  Right before thanksgiving, this set could be had at TRU for around 85.00 or less if you played your discount cards right.  So if you bought some of the remaining sets out there during october/november you will no way lose any money.

I'd suspect either the AT-AT or the ISD will get remade for Rogue One.  But, if it's not an ISD, then that one could be the long term gem.  AT-AT could be remade being the exact same set, but with a different gun turret on the bottom, and with a few different minifigures. You never know.  I guess, we will know by August of next year, so until then I think both are good investments.  I plan on holding at least one ISD as an investment for over 5 years..  The rest i'll slowly pair down as prices begin their spike.  

I'm not sure the demand is any less than AT-AT so much as the supply is greater.

My memory may be sketchy as I went other directions but it seems like this was available with more discounts and carried a little more investment praise around here than the AT-AT. All I know for sure is I was more interested in the latter and had more cheap opportunities with ISD instead.

If those thoughts are more true than false, it'll just lag behind 75054 a few months. No reason to panic, is there?

1 hour ago, waxwing said:

What do you all think the odds are that this will pop back into stock after the holidays?  I sold one of my 2.  Should have bought more.  Oh well.  Too busy buying up Santa's Workshops like they were apocalypse twinkies.

I would assume some will pop up here and there.  Between returns, late shipments and found stock, there are always things that pop up after the new year (most companies do inventory in Jan or Feb).  So if your diligent you will likely get your hands on more.

Now its still entirely possible ISD comes back in full force, with new production runs.  Most of the signs are pointing to it being done, but the signs are not as strong as other 2014 OT sets...

2 hours ago, waxwing said:

What do you all think the odds are that this will pop back into stock after the holidays?  I sold one of my 2.  Should have bought more.  Oh well.  Too busy buying up Santa's Workshops like they were apocalypse twinkies.

about 0%.   ISD is done. SOLD OUT.

Star Wars Episode comes out in 7 days.  The demand is going to be through the roof.  Any returned stock will be snatched up.

45 minutes ago, labfreak7 said:

There is always a good chance that a lot of the Star Wars sets that are sold out right now could return after the holidays.

18 minutes ago, jay4e said:

I would assume some will pop up here and there.  Between returns, late shipments and found stock, there are always things that pop up after the new year (most companies do inventory in Jan or Feb).  So if your diligent you will likely get your hands on more.

Now its still entirely possible ISD comes back in full force, with new production runs.  Most of the signs are pointing to it being done, but the signs are not as strong as other 2014 OT sets...

I seriously doubt it or did you guys forget that theres a new movie coming out next week.  What signs are "weaker" for ISD retiring compared to the rest of the RED sold out retired sets?

Already selling for $160-170 on ebay bin free shipping.  Last similar sized ISD goes for $300-400.  Once lowballers and retail stock is cleared, 250 by June  seems like a gimme.

Edited by cladner
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, valenciaeric said:

Ok buy in but we need to wait for the RRP ones to sell over Xmas and hope for no quick remake.

Yes, the retailers need to sell out of their stock first till there's nothing left available below MSRP. And when that stock is depleted I expect the ISD to steadily rise in price. We just need to be patient and it will certainly work out. I would be surprised if there won't be any ISD visible in the next Star Wars movie (after TFA), i.e. Rogue One. As long as there won't come any similar sized remake (play-set focused) we're all set!

• Like 1