75055 - Imperial Star Destroyer

Piece_Out_Studios

About the Wehkamp deal:

- I just got two more ISD's. After that, according to their administration, there were at least another nine in stock.

- They will probably be sent in a box. Smaller items are sent in plastic bags. Anyway I won't expect mint quality.

- I used the 'kerst' coupon code. This will provide a discount of € 7,50. Effectively, this more than compensates for the € 5,95 shipping costs. Before using the code, check the total amount. Clicking 'use coupon' will lower that total amount by € 7,50 (evenly spread over all purchased items). 

- The 'kerst' code is only valid until the 20th of December 2015 and minimum amount to be spent is € 40,-. See here: http://www.wehkamp.nl/specials/kortingscode/ 

8 hours ago, Roy vd M. said:

About the Wehkamp deal:

- I just got two more ISD's. After that, according to their administration, there were at least another nine in stock.

- They will probably be sent in a box. Smaller items are sent in plastic bags. Anyway I won't expect mint quality.

I already received my two ISDs. Packaged separately in well fitting boxes, and in pristine quality! Excellent!

Too bad I didn't know about the 'kerst' code. Would have saved me a few more Euro. Oh well...

I just got lucky and found 3 more from a local Walmart.  Ordered one online to pickup later.  After picking it up, I walked through the Lego section that was in shambles and in the back of the bottom shelf, there were two more, so I picked them up as well.  Boxes aren't in the best shape, but I was planning on building one of them for my own collection.  I think my area is picked clean now.

One ISD available at Het Deense Steentje, for €109. Plus S&H it becomes €114,95:

http://www.hetdeensesteentje.nl/nl/product/lego-star-wars-75055-imperial-star-destroyer/?brickwatch

(in case someone's still interested...)

----------------------------------------------

But ... seriously ... WTF ??? This webshop internet-toys.com is really going overboard with their 'market based' RRP, and then offering a discount on it to look like they're offering a bargain! 

567809d0d461a_ISDWTF.png.69f4c7adf67edfe

47 minutes ago, Haay said:

One ISD available at Het Deense Steentje, for €109. Plus S&H it becomes €114,95:

http://www.hetdeensesteentje.nl/nl/product/lego-star-wars-75055-imperial-star-destroyer/?brickwatch

(in case someone's still interested...)

----------------------------------------------

But ... seriously ... WTF ??? This webshop internet-toys.com is really going overboard with their 'market based' RRP, and then offering a discount on it to look like they're offering a bargain! 

567809d0d461a_ISDWTF.png.69f4c7adf67edfe

Walmart.com has you one up.  "Reduced Price" at $209 +$18 shipping.  sold by toywiz but how many buyers will notice that detail in the little print at the bottom...

http://www.walmart.com/ip/LEGO-Star-Wars-Imperial-Star-Destroyer/36246202

I really think walmart is going to shoot them selves in the foot with they way they do 3rd party selling.

that being said there is one sitting on the shelf at the walmart down the street for RRP+tax, tempting me.  Not sure how that store is still stocked with LEGO while every target around it is bare...

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, beni said:

Hi,

I'm new at lego star wars.

Could you tell me if this set is sold out only and will be more after chrismas or is retired completely? I'm from europe.

Thanks

This is a link to the 75055 ISD on the Lego Web Shop, Spanish site: http://shop.lego.com/en-ES/Imperial-Star-Destroyer-75055?p=75055

What does it say there...

Sorry, it's gone and it won't come back, except some time in the future, most likely, as a remake. But when, that's everyone's guess...

On 12/21/2015 at 8:09 AM, jay4e said:

Walmart.com has you one up.  "Reduced Price" at $209 +$18 shipping.  sold by toywiz but how many buyers will notice that detail in the little print at the bottom...

http://www.walmart.com/ip/LEGO-Star-Wars-Imperial-Star-Destroyer/36246202

I really think walmart is going to shoot them selves in the foot with they way they do 3rd party selling.

that being said there is one sitting on the shelf at the walmart down the street for RRP+tax, tempting me.  Not sure how that store is still stocked with LEGO while every target around it is bare...

It took me a long time to get the 114.99 for pickup price to show on my tablet when I bought one today at walmart. I was having to deal with that stupid Toywiz.

• 2 weeks later...

In the US, it seems that the ISD has surpassed the AT-AT in their pre-retirement / post clearance / Sold out everywhere phase.

The AT-AT jumped out of the gate first and was gone, likely due to the fact it was actually marked Retired in Europe, wheras the ISD was not yet. (I see now that LEGO Shop at Home Europe has marked it retired.).

Many in the US started to say that the At-At was the superior investment since it was rising in price faster. I think that was fallacy based on the quick price rise.

The ISD is bigger, heavier, better figures, and is the best System Scale ISD produced.

The AT-AT is also iconic, but is a much lighter set, repetitive build (matters to some), and the set has been made more times than the System scale ISD. Further, there's already a system scale WALKING AT-AT that is far superior. 

I fear both are due for remakes or EP 7 versions, but the question will be which first, and how similar will they be?

Both are also likely for UCS versions. The ATAT i imagine would be OT style, the ISD i suspect they would model after the EP7 FInalizer. 

Lots of interesting things to think about for sure. I like both sets, but i think the ISD is the better investment whether bought at retail or discount.

Edited by mudcatsfan
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, mudcatsfan said:

In the US, it seems that the ISD has surpassed the AT-AT in their pre-retirement / post clearance / Sold out everywhere phase.

The AT-AT jumped out of the gate first and was gone, likely due to the fact it was actually marked Retired in Europe, wheras the ISD was not yet. (has it been marked retired yet since?).

Many in the US started to say that the At-At was the superior investment since it was rising in price faster. I think that was fallacy based on the quick price rise.

The ISD is bigger, heavier, better figures, and is the best System Scale ISD produced.

The AT-AT is also iconic, but is a much lighter set, repetitive build (matters to some), and the set has been made more times than the System scale ISD. Further, there's already a system scale WALKING AT-AT that is far superior.

I fear both are due for remakes or EP 7 versions, but the question will be which first, and how similar will they be?

Both are also likely for UCS versions. The ATAT i imagine would be OT style, the ISD i suspect they would model after the EP7 FInalizer.

Lots of interesting things to think about for sure. I like both sets, but i think the ISD is the better investment whether bought at retail or discount.

Right before Christmas I sold one for $175. It was pretty much the same profit amount, but a lower percentage than the AT-AT that I was selling at $155. They were all quick flips. I haven't listed a Star Destroyer since then, but I sold an AT-AT yesterday to a family who had a 5 year old that really wanted one. I think that the interaction with other figures/playsets/small vehicles are what drive more people to the AT-AT. The AT-AT likely has a lower ceiling, just because it has been made so often. It'll be a toss up as to whether the faster selling lower cost set is a better long term investment than the larger, more expensive set.

• Like 2