6862 - Superman Vs Power Armor Lex

exciter1

• 3 weeks later...

It's a small and cheap set, so it won't take much for me to net a good return once it's retired.  Even though Superman and Wonder Woman will be available again in the early 2015 Super Heroes wave, they will be wearing different costumes.  They will both sport their New52 looks which will be featured in the upcoming LEGO Batman 3 video game.  I think there will be demand for these classic versions of the characters down the road.  Unfortunately this set has been available far too long (going on 3 years) when the other sets from this wave were gone last year and it seems the "retiring soon" badge is just a way for LEGO to try to move the remaining stock which has been plentiful. 

Edited by zskid00

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, we are sorta doomed now. Looks the window to sell this set (if it ever retires) will be extremely small.

Just saw the 'Official' 2015 set that includes Superman.

LEGO DC Comics Super Heroes Darkseid Invasion (76028)'' target='_blank'>LEGO DC Comics Super Heroes Darkseid Invasion (76028)>LEGO DC Comics Super Heroes Darkseid Invasion (76028)

Is it the same as the one in 6862? To me, it sure looks like it.

Superman appears the same, Wonder woman is different

It looks the same to me.

Would've been better if it was different. I guess 6862 won't have the same growth potential as 6866 after all.

Eh I have about 100 of these. I am sticking with them. I don't think those new figures will have near as much effect as people fear.

6866 always have better potential, but in reality it has not suffered all that much from the release of the new set, though those figs are different.

In reality, I expect this to be gone by Christmas, and then I hope to offlad them at 45-50$ each throughout next year. Thats absolutely fine with me.

Maybe its too optimistic, but if you want to question it, look at that stupid Loki Truck set from Iron man. Its crap, all the figs are in other sets - still sells for $40 on Ebay.

Ill take my chances.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

After watching reviews of the upcoming "76028 - Darkseid Invasion" and "76026 - Gorilla Grodd Goes Bananas" sets, I feel much better about our 6862 set. I'm actually glad I kept all of mine instead of unloading them for nearly retail price.

In the Darkseid set, it does have classic Superman but w/o the famous heat vision eyes (yeah, some might say this is a minor detail). Although I do like the new flexible fabric capes introduced in the 2015 capes.

In the Grodd set, I'm not digging the sword swinging Wonder Woman. The silver (instead of gold) accents are "ok". The mini fig also doesn't have the blue white star bottom that Linda Carter made famous in the 1970s.

All in all 6862 still has a chance to make those who invested in this set happy especially since we don't have a 2015 Lex refresh yet.

• Like 3