6862 - Superman Vs Power Armor Lex

exciter1

Comic book collectors care a lot about costumes, and I think they'll be looking for this set even if they aren't into Lego in general.  Comic collectors will buy 5 copies of a comic just to get all the alternate art.  If they decide they want to collect super hero Lego, they'll want all the costume variations.

This is currently the only super heroes set I have on display, and I don't even care that much for superman.  It's just a really cool looking set, I think it will do fine.

i'm a comic collector.  i do think the majority of "fans" buying these lego sets are kids or parents for their kids.  thus, i don't think costume is that important to most people as much as the character wearing it.   we (purists)  are in a minority here.

Yeah I am with you on the worrying although I feel like we may not see another remake type set with more figures for a while. The wonder Woman movie could hurt this set assuming that Lego pics up that and makes a few sets from it.

But that wouldn't include the Lex Luthor or comic book superman. With the other superman sets being trash, I feel like this one looks like the best.

But certainly a risk. I am in too deep at this point with almost 100 of these though. 

Good thing is it will grow either way. Worst case I sell them all for 40$ish and make 10$ on each of them. I can live with that. But I would much rather it follow in Wolverine's footsteps.

Yeah I am with you on the worrying although I feel like we may not see another remake type set with more figures for a while. The wonder Woman movie could hurt this set assuming that Lego pics up that and makes a few sets from it.

But that wouldn't include the Lex Luthor or comic book superman. With the other superman sets being trash, I feel like this one looks like the best.

But certainly a risk. I am in too deep at this point with almost 100 of these though. 

Good thing is it will grow either way. Worst case I sell them all for 40$ish and make 10$ on each of them. I can live with that. But I would much rather it follow in Wolverine's footsteps.

wait, you liked my posts in this thread so much that you bought nearly 100 sets? jeez, i only have 20-something.

i do agree this is the best superman set currently available.  it just needs to retire already. as homer simpson says, "darn you lego"

I know almost zero about comics, but doesn't wolverine have 3 movies and was central to a few x-men movies? I am not sure he is on the same level as wonder woman (the only thing this set has going for it). Just IMO of course.

You are probably right. But comic book scene more rules this one. Supermans suit is more from that line, Wonder Woman is really popular in a LOT of circles - maybe more so that wolverine.

One of my friends who is a superman fan actually loved the Wonder Woman figure form this set the most (gave it to him for his bday).

But I would agree it doesn't have the same ceiling as wolverine. Wolverine got to 60$ in like 4 months. this one will need a year or two.

But it was pretty popular during Christmas so when its gone, it will do well I think.

wait, you liked my posts in this thread so much that you bought nearly 100 sets? jeez, i only have 20-something.

i do agree this is the best superman set currently available.  it just needs to retire already. as homer simpson says, "darn you lego"

Yeah which is why I am blaming you when I fail.

So this set features two of DC comics trinity you throw in a batman and you have the core of the Justice League here. So just speculation but with Wonder Woman set to appear in the new Batman movie and an ever growing population of empowered little girls, for example what Frozen character currently sells better naive and traditional Anna or strong independent Elsa? Easy right Elsa. This set has a lot going for it when you get down to it so not only can you tap comic toy collectors but potential other buyers. I was even thinking of combining this set with an Amazon Attacks comic book run including my excess amazon mini figures and ogre mini figures to create a nice lot for any Wonder Woman fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

It's just an OK set. The driving force for this set is Wonder Woman. Rather invest in the Batman, Aquaman, and Mr Freeze then this one. Having a couple won't hurt but not all that in my opinion. $10-$12 after tax is good price but no more then that. Don't see it hitting $60 for a very long time. Batman, Aquaman, and Mr Freeze on the other hand are much better Minifigs for a $20 set. Should way surpass Armor Lex. Driving force for the Wolverine set is Wolverine + Bike and Deadpool. Why???? Because those Minifigs are sooooo damn cool!!!!! Hands down!!!

Sent from my iPad using Brickpicker

This is a great little fun set. There will just be a ton of them in the secondary market due to the cheap price. I'm not buying anymore even at $10. There'd a good chance the minifigs / set will be refreshed just months after the eventual retirement . We just have to hope the minifigs are refreshed in a more expensive set (or spread across sets) .

It's like the joker's funhouse, Capt America, and the 1st hulk set. If I want a batman, Robin, and joker minifg, why pay the secondary market when I can pay $49.99 (at the highest) to get those 3 (albeit, slightly diff) plus more in the steamroller set. The new 2014 Hulk set is severely hurrying the 2012 set. I can't give away my loose set except at low prices. Luckily, I sold my Capt America sets when I did,

I like the set. It is quite different (boxart wise). But in my area it is not popular at all. It remains in shops and nobody buys them. Also the pricepoint does not help (32 euro!). I have two of these and I think that is sufficient. I am not hopeful to find some on a nice sale. I could ad two of these to my next order from amazon. But I am not so sure. 

It's just an OK set. The driving force for this set is Wonder Woman. Rather invest in the Batman, Aquaman, and Mr Freeze then this one. Having a couple won't hurt but not all that in my opinion. $10-$12 after tax is good price but no more then that. Don't see it hitting $60 for a very long time. Batman, Aquaman, and Mr Freeze on the other hand are much better Minifigs for a $20 set. Should way surpass Armor Lex. Driving force for the Wolverine set is Wolverine + Bike and Deadpool. Why???? Because those Minifigs are sooooo damn cool!!!!! Hands down!!!

Sent from my iPad using Brickpicker

attic bat man, aquaman, and Mr freeze can be had on bl for $12 all together. there are 700 Mr freeze available. wonder woman, despite the discounted market recently, still sells for $10-$12 herself.

attic bat man, aquaman, and Mr freeze can be had on bl for $12 all together. there are 700 Mr freeze available. wonder woman, despite the discounted market recently, still sells for $10-$12 herself.

6862 still holds significant value in the Brickfolio too.  I'm hoping it's accurate, but I haven't went out and looked at sold listings.

• Like 1

I like this set for having classic Superman, Wonder Woman, and Lex Luthor. From the looks of the direction Lego is taking, I don't see those making a return and if so then they will be different variants instead of exact reprints. This is the set for fans of comic book Superman. The Man of Steel sets are a decent second best if you don't mind holding an alternate Superman but for those wanting a Superman minifigure looking as he should then you'll shell out the cash for this one.

• 3 weeks later...

From what I've read from other members here, this is a great set. Superman is in his classic suit unlike the other sets currently out that are movie based and Wonder Woman is exclusive to this set if I'm not mistaken.

Spoken like a veteran ... Good job.

IMO this set is on it's last leg. Many of us snagged quite a few during Walmarts managers sale last Xmas and it was close to $10-$11! So get them while u can.

Like u said this is the only set with superman and Wonder Woman in their original costumes. Wonder Woman is due to have a new figure done when batman Vs superman sets will be released as she is in the movie. But most likely she will have a new modern costume.

• Like 2