I Love It! Thread

exciter1

Two things I love this week:

1) Wife and I finally paid off our student loan debt...debt free except our house. (Promptly bought myself an Exosuit to celebrate)

2) Ordered a technical climbing jacket and shirt from Eddie Bauer (retail $270). They were both on sale ($134) and had an additional 40% off at checkout ($80).  Apparently their dinosaur system couldn't actually accept my paypal payment, even though it said it could. I had to call to give a new form of payment. The CS Rep gave me an additional 40% off for a total shipped of $48. Booyah.

That is really something to celebrate! Well done!

And people always made fun of Beavis and Butthead... at least they do not have student loans to pay off.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I love Flickr. There are some days where I deliberately go searching for something spiffy but nothing 'pops'. However at the same time I will end up stumbling across a build that catches my attention and sometimes I just keep coming across more awesomeness. Downside is I can't share it all at once. Not only lack of space for posting in a single reply but also heads would explode from such super-sweet sauce made from 100% pure win crammed into one serving.

As contradictory as this sounds, I'm loving the terrible 2's. The little guy is trying to make sentences and how things are starting to register with him like traffic lights, red is stop, green is go. I'm especially lovin' when he shows an interest in the hobbies I like. He'll bring his lego (Duplo) downstairs to build with me or he'll ask to go outside to play "hockey ball"! I've even been turning down the overtime at work to make sure I don't miss this part of life because I know the teens are right around the corner.

Good times!

• Like 7

As contradictory as this sounds, I'm loving the terrible 2's. The little guy is trying to make sentences and how things are starting to register with him like traffic lights, red is stop, green is go. I'm especially lovin' when he shows an interest in the hobbies I like. He'll bring his lego (Duplo) downstairs to build with me or he'll ask to go outside to play "hockey ball"! I've even been turning down the overtime at work to make sure I don't miss this part of life because I know the teens are right around the corner.

Good times!

My son didn't get too defiant until he turned 3.  He spent a good amount of time in the corner then.  My daughter, well, she's 2 and already spending some time in the corner.

My son didn't get too defiant until he turned 3. He spent a good amount of time in the corner then. My daughter, well, she's 2 and already spending some time in the corner.

Three and four were worse than two by a long stretch for our oldest. Five was pretty good and six and seven have returned to the I can do no wrong... As they learn to communicate, they don't always do it well.

Our youngest is learning everything sooner. Take the good and bad I guess. :)

• Like 1

My son didn't get too defiant until he turned 3. He spent a good amount of time in the corner then. My daughter, well, she's 2 and already spending some time in the corner.

Oh, our son has had a few time outs already. He knows what's going on, he will give you that look before doing something that he knows pushes your buttons.

It's tough some days, man!

Yesterday after school my oldest took a scrap paper and wrote on it... "$20 Ticket For Talking Back" and waited until I gave him s*** for something and handed it to me.

I laughed, thanked him for it, then proceeded to give it back to him about 20 minutes later.

** Edit: And I've passed 1500 posts so I finally get a new forum rank avatar. The robot minifig wasn't doing it for me. **

Edited by gregpj
  • Like 3

Yesterday after school my oldest took a scrap paper and wrote on it... "$20 Ticket For Talking Back" and waited until I gave him s*** for something and handed it to me.

I laughed, thanked him for it, then proceeded to give it back to him about 20 minutes later.

** Edit: And I've passed 1500 posts so I finally get a new forum rank avatar. The robot minifig wasn't doing it for me. **

I never cared for the robot either. I'm looking forward to the dude with the bank of computers though ;)
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I love it when my son and daughter are more excited about getting foam swords and shields at Legoland, than the LEGO itself. That probably saved me a $100, so we left with $40 in battle gear.  I wish I could say the same for my wife's affinity for novelty t-shirts.  She easily quadrupled our bill.

My son did the same thing at Disney.  I was totally fine with giving in for the $25 build-a-saber, than the other stuff he could have asked for.

Edited by exciter1
  • Like 1

I love it when my son and daughter are more excited about getting foam swords and shields at Legoland, than the LEGO itself. That probably saved me a $100, so we left with $40 in battle gear.  I wish I could say the same for my wife's affinity for novelty t-shirts.  She easily quadrupled our bill.

My son did the same thing at Disney.  I was totally fine with giving in for the $25 build-a-saber, than the other stuff he could have asked for.

Lol. Awesome. & been there done that. Saber build was fun. Did they make you keep the tape on the end until u left the park?