I Love It! Thread

exciter1

Die Hard.

One of my all time favorites.

It was the year I got a hi fi vas, 27" tv and surround sound in my bedroom.

You remember the scene at the top of the building when it explodes and with surround sound you can hear the fire hose go across your surround sound and hear Bruce Willis's feet banging on the glass on the side of the building.

I brought my wife who i was dating at the time in and showed her that scene and said what do you think isn't that awesome.

She looked at me and said what was it that is awesome?

I said the surround sound, the explosion, the dynamic sound and movement in the room.

She looked at me and I said lets go eat dinner. :)

I plan to watch Die Hard now tonight because of you - thank you.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

bp_1422056042__quick_meme.jpg

Seriously, it felt awesome seeing fresh baseplates of colorful green and tan in the LEGO aisle at Target the other day. I'm not too keen on the $8 price tag though but maybe they will go on sale one of these days like down to $5. Now I just wonder which I would rather stock up on for later usage. Green goes with everything but tan may be more useful with some projects just as well.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I just found my next hobby...I've got a cheap Hubsan X4 that I fly around on occasion if I'm bored, but going FPV takes quads to a whole new level:

Everything is better in first person. :) There are a couple clips with a little camera droid thingy running around a pinball table going through all the wire ramps, curves, and pop bumpers. Fun.
  • Like 1

Don't you love it when your writing a sentence in a memo for your job and you are evaluating the use of the proper to or too for writing and your so deep in lego the first version that comes to mind as the answer is ToO?

I've caught myself on more than one occasion typing too as ToO

I read that a few years back, it's a very interesting book. It's changed my life for the better. Chris is right, everyone should pick up a copy.

Solid book. But I think a vast majority of bpers are married. Still opens up a lot of psychology angles that can lend to other aspects of life

• 2 weeks later...

Two things I love this week:

1) Wife and I finally paid off our student loan debt...debt free except our house. (Promptly bought myself an Exosuit to celebrate)

2) Ordered a technical climbing jacket and shirt from Eddie Bauer (retail $270). They were both on sale ($134) and had an additional 40% off at checkout ($80).  Apparently their dinosaur system couldn't actually accept my paypal payment, even though it said it could. I had to call to give a new form of payment. The CS Rep gave me an additional 40% off for a total shipped of $48. Booyah.

• Like 6