I Love It! Thread

exciter1

• 1 month later...

I love how members (not all) take joy in blasting Toys R Us for marking up prices on some items, but have no issue doing the same with their own inventory. I browsed members' eBay shops advertised on the main page of the forum, and every one I visited made inflated TRU prices look reasonable. The hypocrisy makes me laugh. It's fine if you want to list your items at an inflated price, but don't fault TRU for doing the same.

I love how members (not all) take joy in blasting Toys R Us for marking up prices on some items, but have no issue doing the same with their own inventory. I browsed members' eBay shops advertised on the main page of the forum, and every one I visited made inflated TRU prices look reasonable. The hypocrisy makes me laugh. It's fine if you want to list your items at an inflated price, but don't fault TRU for doing the same.

I believe this would be a better fit in the complaint thread.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Erlanger, Kentucky how I love thee...$5.90 for 2lbs 6 ounces 12x10x6.

I was also adding up profit v cost on my latest bulk lot and figured out that I've sent 12,340 used Lego pieces plus a couple dozen loose minifigures to happy new homes, less than 1/5 of this total lot. Sigh. I think I may be getting a little tired of bulk. It's awesome when you are building out sets you're interested in, a tedious grind with sets you couldn't care less about.

• Like 2

I love this forum.  I mentioned the other day that I had missed out on the B-Wing @ $25 sale.  Someone here on the board (I'm not naming names) stepped up and told me they'd be glad to sell me the one they picked up at their cost.

I declined the offer - they got the deal, I didn't, and I've already got a ton to build.  But I love that there are awesome people here that do stuff for one another like that.

• Like 5

Erlanger, Kentucky how I love thee...$5.90 for 2lbs 6 ounces 12x10x6.

I was also adding up profit v cost on my latest bulk lot and figured out that I've sent 12,340 used Lego pieces plus a couple dozen loose minifigures to happy new homes, less than 1/5 of this total lot. Sigh. I think I may be getting a little tired of bulk. It's awesome when you are building out sets you're interested in, a tedious grind with sets you couldn't care less about.

So true. My newest bulk lot is killing me. 30 lbs with some instructions for $85. Probably 25% non Lego though with some Chinese knock off SH and TMNT minifigures mixed in with real ones. Biggest problem is 99% off the minis are in parts. Seems like someone went through and disassembled every one, hands, arms, legs ect.. I believe I bought someone else's headache. No more lots for me unless....?

So true. My newest bulk lot is killing me. 30 lbs with some instructions for $85. Probably 25% non Lego though with some Chinese knock off SH and TMNT minifigures mixed in with real ones. Biggest problem is 99% off the minis are in parts. Seems like someone went through and disassembled every one, hands, arms, legs ect.. I believe I bought someone else's headache. No more lots for me unless....?

That sounds similar to the bulk lot I have. Most of the minifigures are mismatched or disassembled and there were only three instructions that came with the whole lot. Don't say that you shouldn't buy more bulk lots. They are tough to go through, but the rewards can be amazing. My bulk lot has three large and expensive sets that are mostly complete. That being said, wait until you have gone through the lot to see if you want to do it again.

I know, I can never resist them anyway. I've scored big on most of my bulk buys. LOL. As I was typing my last post my girlfriend was going through a FB virtual yard sale ad for used Lego. Hard to tell from the pictures. I'm going to check the lot out on Wednesday. It's 45 minutes away but I'll be up that way picking up my dog after her knee surgery.

The lot I am working on was over 150 pounds when I started, 6 58 quart containers of mixed bricks plus one with big chunks of sets and 3 smaller bins of mixed bricks and some bigger pieces of sets. It did come with all the instruction books and some of the newer sets the mini figs are whole, the rest are either stripped to the torso or put together in entertaining combinations. So far I've sold 39 complete sets from it with 7783 (times two) being the star. Among the other highlights 7498, 8097, 3222, 7675 plus a very nice UCS Batmobile 7784 that I'm thinking of keeping. I paid $625 for this lot and have pulled out maybe 20-30% of what's in it. Bulk lots are messy and tedious, but very lucrative. That's why we keep buying more of them. I'm still trying to figure out why the people I bought this lot from had two complete Batcaves.

• Like 1