eBay Spring Seller Update

Nothing revolutionary that I could see with this update. Just more of the push towards auction instead of BIN. I am a little surprised about the surcharge for short auctions. I thought ebay would like short auctions, turns the money over faster. I guess they determined that they don't get enough views of short auctions and it keeps the prices down. This is probably true in most cases but with hot items, a short auction would work well.

• Like 1

2015 Spring Seller Updates are here.  

In short, effective May 1st, these things will happen:

- Insertion fee credits for sold auction listings

- Additional $1 charge for 1 & 3 days auction listings

- Store owners get additional 100 free auction listings under Collectible categories ONLY

- Category changes

- etc

Read the details here:

http://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation/news/springupdate2015/index.html

That fee structure got so complicated - seriously over engineered. (But not with that update, for a while now.)

Edited by 10230

• 2 weeks later...

I may be wrong but i think the fake tracking numbers(I got one once) are not really scammers.They just aren't ready to ship the item but they want to maintain their top rated status. They don't know the weight etc. It also comes into play if you drop ship--there are many legitimate drop shippers that have contracts with the manufactorer but they don't ship out within the day so the seller makes up a tracking number and updates it once the item is drop shipped.

I give negative feedback to anyone who gives me a fake tracking number.  I'll forgive mistakes, but people who use fake tracking numbers to maintain top rated status are gaming the system and should be banned.

Wow. To me, that's just dishonest. You are either meeting the deadline or not. If you can't meet it, then live with the consequences.

I sell plenty and always make it a priority to process the postage immediately. And if I don't then my bad.

Could not agree more on this one. I actually lost my TRS status a few years back because of it. Nothing worse than expecting something and having wrong numbers then having to contact seller.

Worst case is I just print a label with estimated weight thst is close. 99% of the time I'm accurate based on doing this for so long but there is a time or 2 I have to eat some money for overestimating.

I avoid the above as much as possible but working nights one week a month has issues depending when orders come in

• 1 month later...

I'm a little surprised nobody has created a topic about this yet, although I am sure there has been some ancillary discussion about it that I just haven't seen. There are a lot of changes coming (tomorrow). In short and probably most significant for small-timers like myself is that without a store subscription, sellers will not be able to list as much for free as they did previously. Of course there are many other changes, but this appears to be the biggest or most impactful from feedback I have seen in FB groups, and in ebay discussions. 

http://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation/news/springupdate2015/fees-and-features.html

How does this change affect you and what are your plans to deal or cope with it?

Well, if it was 50, then I wasn't getting that. I'll be very happy with 20 free fixed-price per month.

​It was 50 auction-style. Most categories for free fixed-price listings were excluded from being free, including toys.

True that this is 20 free auction-style or fixed-price.

We discussed this when the 2015 Spring update notice came out in March.

Nothing really affecting sellers with stores, especially if you hate auctions as much as yours truly ;)

Sellers without stores get less free listing but the category restrictions were removed, I think. TBH I did not look into this that closely.

We discussed this when the 2015 Spring update notice came out in March.

Nothing really affecting sellers with stores, especially if you hate auctions as much as yours truly ;)

Sellers without stores get less free listing but the category restrictions were removed, I think. TBH I did not look into this that closely.

​Category restrictions were removed on the free 20 listing auction-style or fixed-price. There are an additional 20 listings auction-style listing in the Collectibles category, but if you go over 20 then they start coming out of your other 20 free listings as well, so I guess that is sort of a category restriction.