My order status

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lego Shop at Home had a crazy delivery route. Notice how it started in Illinois and was delivered in Illinois. In the mean time it was sent to Indiana, then Wisconsin, and finally back to Illinois. Anybody ever see anything like this before?

B79ABCB7-6A25-434A-B3F3-827BE679A366.jpeg

1B4C070C-AC25-4293-A6FA-44A70BCACA13.jpeg

Edited by MJO24

6 hours ago, MJO24 said:

Lego Shop at Home had a crazy delivery route. Notice how it started in Illinois and was delivered in Illinois. In the mean time it was sent to Indiana, then Wisconsin, and finally back to Illinois. Anybody ever see anything like this before?

Yes and that is one of the many reasons why you should not use FedEx Smartpost. They ship the boxes in bulk which is cheaper but slower, no option for hold or redirect, no signature service and on and on. 

After 2 hours with customer service trying to find what happened to my Palace Cinema (88 dollar cyber monday deal).  They determined that it was forever lost.  And out of stock.  They escalated me to level 2 then level 3 customer service.  In the end, got left with a refund of cash plus 100 dollar courtesy credit for me to spend to get a brick bank or anything else I want to get from their amazon prime line up.  Not bad.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Jason Mixed said:

After 2 hours with customer service trying to find what happened to my Palace Cinema (88 dollar cyber monday deal).  They determined that it was forever lost.  And out of stock.  They escalated me to level 2 then level 3 customer service.  In the end, got left with a refund of cash plus 100 dollar courtesy credit for me to spend to get a brick bank or anything else I want to get from their amazon prime line up.  Not bad.

So you basically made $100 profit on your Palace Cinema in the span of a week? You are good at the quick flip, and you didn't even have to deal with a customer. Well done! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest TabbyBoy

UK only...

Has anybody had a successful order via JD Wlliams yet?

I placed an order on 26NOV and it's been "with courier" for the last 12 days! I emailed them a week ago with no reply and I've also been unable to get through on the phone. Of course, those bastards charged my credit card as soon as the order was placed! Hermes are just as useless too! I'm now making a claim through my bank to force a chargeback and will also be reporting them to Trading Standards and the Financial Ombudsman Service as this company doesn't deserve to be in business. I just wish that I'd checked Trustpilot first as their reviews are abysmal - a 1* rating, same as TRU!

They had no problem sending me their catalogue within 2 days, but where is my sodding LEGO!

Please be careful if ordering from JD Williams and only use a credit card so that you're fully covered.

I had a gut feeling that their LEGO deals were too good to be true! Luckily I didn't go all in like I do with Tesco/Asda!

I'll keep you updated.

30 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

UK only...

Has anybody had a successful order via JD Wlliams yet?

I placed an order on 26NOV and it's been "with courier" for the last 12 days! I emailed them a week ago with no reply and I've also been unable to get through on the phone. Of course, those bastards charged my credit card as soon as the order was placed! Hermes are just as useless too! I'm now making a claim through my bank to force a chargeback and will also be reporting them to Trading Standards and the Financial Ombudsman Service as this company doesn't deserve to be in business. I just wish that I'd checked Trustpilot first as their reviews are abysmal - a 1* rating, same as TRU!

They had no problem sending me their catalogue within 2 days, but where is my sodding LEGO!

Please be careful if ordering from JD Williams and only use a credit card so that you're fully covered.

I had a gut feeling that their LEGO deals were too good to be true! Luckily I didn't go all in like I do with Tesco/Asda!

I'll keep you updated.

My order of 2 x Heartlake Riding Clubs arrived, and the packaging used was good. Unfortunately, one of the boxes was obviously already damaged prior to shipping. This just reminded me that I need to chase that up.

I second the point about Hermes. They're a bloody disaster. I avoid them wherever possible.

Guest TabbyBoy
2 minutes ago, Captain_chaos said:

My order of 2 x Heartlake Riding Clubs arrived, and the packaging used was good. Unfortunately, one of the boxes was obviously already damaged prior to shipping. This just reminded me that I need to chase that up.

I second the point about Hermes. They're a bloody disaster. I avoid them wherever possible.

Thanks. Delivered or did you collect? Typically the best items are collected and the trash delivered. I no longer accept LEGO deliveries from anyone.

I had my order from JD williams arrive, the sets i bought were all for parting out, so ironically the boxes were good!!!

Hermes have been a complete nightmare over the last few weeks for me. All my orders from John Lewis and TRU have been continually delayed, i don't think they have the staff for this xmas period.

38 minutes ago, John82 said:

I had my order from JD williams arrive, the sets i bought were all for parting out, so ironically the boxes were good!!!

Hermes have been a complete nightmare over the last few weeks for me. All my orders from John Lewis and TRU have been continually delayed, i don't think they have the staff for this xmas period.

I've had all of my larger TRU orders sent via DPD, and the smaller with Royal Mail. Thankfully not Hermes.

1 hour ago, TabbyBoy said:

Thanks. Delivered or did you collect? Typically the best items are collected and the trash delivered. I no longer accept LEGO deliveries from anyone.

These were delivered. The other box is just fine.

Guest TabbyBoy

Do you have the choice to use non- Hermes delivery or do you have to accept what the retailer uses? I've never thought of asking. Hermes are lousy and is the only reason for my only 2 negative feedbacks on eBay with my first account. Why are they still in business as the drivers are dangerous too?!

Guest TabbyBoy

JD Williams is now on my "Not-To-Buy-From" list as a friend just went to pick up his 10x Friends 41126 Heartlake Riding Clubs and all 10 boxes were trashed including some with broken seals. Since this is a catalogue company mostly charging RRP,  this doesn't look good for them. Therefore, my badly delayed orders as per final email to them below doesn't fill me with confidence:

To whom it may concern,

Can you please give me an update on the following orders:

Order# xxxxxx

Order placed:      25/11/17

Item#:                   RM339SQ (LEGO City 60150 Pizza Van)

Quantity:              28 (ordered 30, but only 28 available)

Parcel Status:      4 items ready for collection, but 24 items show “Delay, please allow 24 hours” since 02/12/17

Order# yyyyyy

Order placed:      26/11/17

Item#:                   DY353SQ (LEGO Friends 41126 Heartlake Riding Club)

Quantity:              100

Parcel Status:      1 item ready for collection, but 99 items show “Delay, please allow 24 hours” since 02/12/17

I really don’t expect to collect these orders in multiple trips and especially when I need to organise transport at my own expense.

Could you at least confirm a date when the above orders are complete in their entirety as I intend to make only one trip, or two at the most, as I do with all other retailers. If you cannot provide a date within one working day to collect everything in one trip, I need both orders cancelled, a full refund given (why was my card charged for the full amount?), my account closed and confirmation of my details being removed. This is the first (and last) time that I will order from you as I’m quite disappointed as have had no update, email or phone call returned regarding the balance of both orders. Before you ask... yes, I’ve tried to contact Hermes on several occasions and they’ve been totally useless - why do you use them?

I think it’s unacceptable to wait nearly 2 weeks and counting to fulfill orders which were supposedly in stock at the time, especially with no update since 02/12/17. You either have these items in stock available for collection or you don’t, which is it?

You have until 13/12/17 to either have my entire orders delivered to the pick-up point in good as-new condition or refund my payment in full before I contact Trading Standards with a view to commencing legal action. Regardless of the outcome, I will never be ordering from you again.

I see on Trustpilot that you have the lowest score possible of 1* and I can now understand why!

Thanks…

A positive of going through Paypal...

I had placed an order through TRU ebay about 2 weeks before Black Friday for 100 speed champions and 100 friends sets. Never received remotely close to those quantities of sets. I checked the order. I was refunded some amount of the order (resulting in 900$ in outstanding charges) with no communication on what was being cancelled or the tracking information of the other items.

Created a case inquiring for specifics of the order. They obviously never replied and ebay refunded me the 900$.

Edited by landphieran

Guest TabbyBoy
12 minutes ago, landphieran said:

A positive of going through Paypal...

I had placed an order through TRU ebay about 2 weeks before Black Friday for 100 speed champions and 100 friends sets. Never received remotely close to those quantities of sets. I checked the order. I was refunded some amount of the order (resulting in 900$ in outstanding charges) with no communication on what was being cancelled or the tracking information of the other items.

Created a case inquiring for specifics of the order. They obviously never replied and ebay refunded me the 900$.

Glad you had fewer problems than me. When TRU delivered trashed Mystery Machines, it took 3 months to get my money back from PayPal. I don't blame PayPal entirely as TRU wouldn't process the refund. A credit card is much easuer with dodgy retailers.

My first JD Williams order too so long to arrive I had no idea where it was from as I had no confirmation email for either account signup or the order being placed, and the TCB didn't track either.

5 Sets all in separate bags with a huge elastic band holding them together. For part outs so not fussed about boxes.

Took part in that 50% off voucher shenanigans yesterday as well, will see how that one works out. I didn't go too big.

Edited by Rog