My order status

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, cissi said:

My Buckingham Palace just came very dented and torn up in a pristine Amazon shipping box. Amazon stops to care it seems...

You got a shipping box!!? I haven't managed to get one in 3 straight orders from my Amazon PRIME account.. they just keep on slapping shipping labels and red sharpie all over the box and send it on its way. 

• Like 1

Regarding the Media Mail package from a few days ago: I think the seller got told off by the Post Office - now there is a tracking number for Priority Mail and package has been accepted by USPS. They must have tried to send it Media Mail and got denied at the counter.

• Like 3

On October 20, 2016 at 1:34 PM, Cozei said:

Media mail is for media like books. eBay offers it as an option for shipping. There will be no tracking, and taking the slow boat. Not sure how it meshes with delivery confirmation for stats.

Seller took a poor choice lowball. Was shipping free? If so they are trying to ace a few bucks at your expense (time and risk not monetary). If you paid for shipping not sure why they would have chosen Media Mail.

Like Kevin said, hope no one at the PO wonders why the book rattles. :-)

@Phil B @Kevink24 @minicoopers11 @lazuli16

D'oh.

Want to set the record straight, and if anyone searches in the future. Media Mail does have USPS tracking now. I haven't used it in several years and should have checked my facts. Couldn't find quick info on USPS site about switch, but this Stamps.com blog mentions it going free in March 2015. http://blog.stamps.com/2015/06/17/free-package-tracking-added-to-media-mail/

PhilB: sounds like you didn't get an eBay email that contained tracking info or no tracking in eBay purchase history. Maybe they didn't use eBay's built-in shipping printer?

I'd be curious if anyone wants to clarify this for the record.

This is what a dummy Media Mail label looks like printed by me from within eBay (printed for an order already shipped and then voided).

Media Mail label example.jpg

1 hour ago, Martae54 said:

You got a shipping box!!? I haven't managed to get one in 3 straight orders from my Amazon PRIME account.. they just keep on slapping shipping labels and red sharpie all over the box and send it on its way. 

Apparently you'll need to select 'ship in a Amazon box' for them to ship it in a box. I know. This is outrageous. Who wants a shipping label on their LEGO set? Huh?

@Phil B @Kevink24 @minicoopers11 @lazuli16
D'oh.
Want to set the record straight, and if anyone searches in the future. Media Mail does have USPS tracking now. I haven't used it in several years and should have checked my facts. Couldn't find quick info on USPS site about switch, but this Stamps.com blog mentions it going free in March 2015. http://blog.stamps.com/2015/06/17/free-package-tracking-added-to-media-mail/
PhilB: sounds like you didn't get an eBay email that contained tracking info or no tracking in eBay purchase history. Maybe they didn't use eBay's built-in shipping printer?
I'd be curious if anyone wants to clarify this for the record.
This is what a dummy Media Mail label looks like printed by me from within eBay (printed for an order already shipped and then voided).

Media Mail label example.jpg

I got a shipping notification from EBay a few hours after I purchased. It said the item was sent with Media Mail. When I went to my purchase history to pick up the Tracking Code (I keep my purchases and sales tracked until they are delivered), I noticed there wasn't one. Said Media Mail and an expected delivery date, but no number. Until today, when it suddenly switched to Priority Mail with a tracking number. Hence my theory about them having tried the Media Mail route and having to switch to Priority Mail when the PO refused to accept the package.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Martae54 said:

Got these three today, along with the double VIP points earned.  Ordered on the 31st when they popped up on the site momentarily. (Yes they waived the shipping charge that everyone was seeing)

IMG_6726.JPG

just opened my box, same as you and yes shipping was waived / fixed.

4 minutes ago, Brick_dad said:

Thanks.

Will it ever get lifted?

Even the next tenant of my place will get banned? 

Afaik they won't lift it .. pretty sure there are other parameters to the ban but that's how I was able to get back in after their blanket ban on those with a tax exempt account. I know some folks changed names and cards only to be banned again . Been a while though