My order status

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly not even that. Just the Vacation Getaways and a bottle of dressing, in an 30"x24"x7" box. Dimensional weight...

My vacation getaway came in a single, nice box that I will reuse. But the set was pretty thrashed before they put it in there. It feels awkwardly heavy and has a strange tinkle sound. I think it's been tampered with. I'll have to return it.

Ordered a 21307 Caterham Super 7 yesterday on EBay. Got a shipping confirmation several hours later, but it says "USPS Media Mail" and no tracking number. I've been checking back and it shows as shipped but still nothing in regards to tracking. This was "Brand new in sealed box" with a picture of the item in hand (not a stock picture). Didn't think Media Mail covered a box like this. Guess I will have to wait until next week (says Wed Oct 26 as estimated delivery date) for the shipment to arrive. Should I be worried?

Edited by Phil B

29 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Ordered a 21307 Caterham Super 7 yesterday on EBay. Got a shipping confirmation several hours later, but it says "USPS Media Mail" and no tracking number. I've been checking back and it shows as shipped but still nothing in regards to tracking. This was "Brand new in sealed box" with a picture of the item in hand (not a stock picture). Didn't think Media Mail covered a box like this. Guess I will have to wait until next week (says Wed Oct 26 as estimated delivery date) for the shipment to arrive. Should I be worried?

I had that happen once....I purchased an item on eBay and the USPS opened the package and deemed that it was not covered under Media Mail. The postal officer gave me a card that showed the correct amount owed and said that I needed to cover the difference. I "rejected" paying for it (said that I needed to get in contact with the shipper) and the post office said they would hold it for a week till I could sort out the issue. I e-mailed the person on eBay and they refunded the amount that it was going to cost me to go pick it up at the post office. Worked out in my case, however this may happen to you if the post office checks the contents. Or the shipper may not refund you the difference and the item will get returned to them, and you will have to get your money back from Paypal since it was not officially delivered. Generally, sellers will try to work with you on this type of issue.

Hopefully, it works out well for you and the seller.

Edited by Kevink24
  • Like 4

Thanks! This was a fairly new, 30+ feedback seller, selling a lot of random items (but previously sold LEGO and had positive feedback on those transactions). 2 negs where people claimed they didn't get their package and no response from seller - which is why I knew I was taking a bit of a gamble - but 30+ [positive feedback, and all from the last 2 months. Hope I won't have to go the dispute route for this one, but calculated that into my decision.

Oh - and I thought EBay nowadays mandated the use of a tracked service - is that not true?

Edited by Phil B

I had that happen once.
Hopefully, it works out well for you and the seller.

Thanks!
Oh - and I thought EBay nowadays mandated the use of a tracked service - is that not true?

Media mail is for media like books. eBay offers it as an option for shipping. There will be no tracking, and taking the slow boat. Not sure how it meshes with delivery confirmation for stats.

Seller took a poor choice lowball. Was shipping free? If so they are trying to ace a few bucks at your expense (time and risk not monetary). If you paid for shipping not sure why they would have chosen Media Mail.

Like Kevin said, hope no one at the PO wonders why the book rattles. :-)
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cozei said:

Media mail is for media like books. eBay offers it as an option for shipping. There will be no tracking, and taking the slow boat. Not sure how it meshes with delivery confirmation for stats.

Seller took a poor choice lowball. Was shipping free? If so they are trying to ace a few bucks at your expense (time and risk not monetary). If you paid for shipping not sure why they would have chosen Media Mail.

Like Kevin said, hope no one at the PO wonders why the book rattles. :-)

Right. Free Shipping. So I guess I'm basically playing a gamble here :) Technically speaking, there is a book in there  though, with  a couple of hundred LEGO pieces as a bonus.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phil B said:

I don't think that eBay has a mandate on using tracking, but I think that for any type of discrepancy to go in your favor on eBay or Paypal for proof, tracking is required.

Also, in my experience, the USPS is pretty strict in checking to make sure Media mail packages are "actually" media mail items being shipped. I am willing to bet that they will open the box and check the contents.

just received a kmart order... the clothes came in a box and the 2 LEGO in a plastic shipping bag. #$%!@Q$$

Was treated to the same thing. Two jeans in a box and 75149 Resistance XWing in a bag. Took the XWing to my KMart and the CSR asked me to go get a new one. Walked out with a minty fresh one for a whopping $1.29. Nice lady.

I didn't know KMart is heavily stocked with Lego. Do they have 50% sales like WM and B&N?

8b67c7ba6082be7db12d3e060565a4c7.jpg

7 hours ago, The Rookie said:

Was treated to the same thing. Two jeans in a box and 75149 Resistance XWing in a bag. Took the XWing to my KMart and the CSR asked me to go get a new one. Walked out with a minty fresh one for a whopping $1.29. Nice lady.

I didn't know KMart is heavily stocked with Lego. Do they have 50% sales like WM and B&N?

What did you have to pay $1.29 for?