My order status

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have an order of 1 RI and 5 Barc speeders now  "IN WAREHOUSE" status - does this mean i've cleared the ban hurdle and almost shipped or is the hammer hovering over my dome? 

this will be the 3rd RI i've ordered with VIP.  the first 2 were bought on august 1.

Edited by cladner

I bought a few Research Institutes when they were first available on S@H.  Ordered another today w/ a Grand Prix Racer and they are both "In Warehouse" status.  I expected a cancellation, but it didn't come.  Now, I have ordered a ton of stuff since they were first available, so the reviewers may be too lazy to look through my entire order history.

It is painful talking to them.

I had some gift cards that I tried to use on their site.

submitted the order, didn't went through, however, balance is 0 now. According to one of their CS. balance is on hold. according to the rest of their team, they have no idea.

battling on to get my money back.

Exact same thing happened to me.  Ghost order knocked out almost $200 in GC value.  Took 13 calls to CS, about 4 hours total on the phone, 45 days.  Finally got a callback from their GC department and had them fixed ten minutes later.

Incidentally, About five days after my lass CS "chat" I had given up and started using the less-ethical tactic of "recouping" my money using the loophole in the rewards program.  I don't exploit these things, but desperate times called for desperate measures.  I had recouped about $30 back when the GC department called me.

It's amazing how they can say with a straight face after the 30-day mark, "I'm going to escalate this one to *high priority* and a representative will call you back in 3 to 5 business days.  I promise.  You don't need to call us back again."

What is odd is that one time I called, I got a CS rep on the east coast -- not one of their off-shore call farms.  There was no background chatter.  The rep was clearly American -- I can't remember what state she said she was in, but it was in the northeast, I believe -- and mentioned that she would send an email to her boss (also interesting that she said "boss" and not "supervisor") who had just left for the day (5PM).  This didn't get anywhere, but it was the only rep that I was able to get straight answers from.  I should have asked how I could get in touch with them again if needed.

16 days after Jinx shipped my meager Minecraft order, it was finally delivered....back at their office.

I called and was greeted by this super annoying robot voice, fortunately I was able to quickly speak to a human who said they would ship them back to me and I would get them by Christmas.  Guess I'll have to try and flip these locally or give them to the kids.  I just hate giving them gifts I had to pay retail for.

ThinkGeek order arrived.  They packed the Police Dropship on top of the smaller B-wing.  Pretty good crease on the back of the Dropship and a hole in the B-wing, but it could have been there before shipping.  Lord Business Lair came separate, and it was overstuffed with air pillows, pushing in the box.  Pretty happy with the price and shipping speed so I'm not going to fuss.