What do you drive?

4 hours ago, Jessekidd13 said:

We just got a 2019 Honda Insight, and I'm a big fan.  Might be a little over on the price, but it's a hybrid that looks like the newer civic/accord, and more importantly NOT like a Prius. 

Jesse

I used to have a 2000 Honda Insight. I believe it is the first hybrid car sold in the States. Over the years I had it, the gas price was way over $3; my MPG was about 50. Pretty happy with it. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, oneknightr said:

We have a 2010 Prius and LOVE it. No fuss no muss. It's not going to excite you and make the hairs on the back of your neck stand on end, but it's a great practical car. Lots of cargo room and even more when the seats are folded down.

Thanks for sharing! As this would be my college professor wife's commuter car, it really does seem suited to her whole deal.

10 hours ago, Brystheguy said:

Chevy Volt would be perfect for you. The short commute could be done solely on battery power but allow you to drive across the country without having to stop and charge. We have one and love it. 

Also got this and the Leaf suggestion from some friends. Definitely interested in electric as I'm looking at Solar Panels for the house in the future. When I found out there is an extra $100 registration fee for true EVs in IL, I kind of ruled out the Leaf and looked harder at PHEVs like the Volt and C-max Energi. Thanks for the suggestion.

11 hours ago, Jessekidd13 said:

We just got a 2019 Honda Insight, and I'm a big fan.  Might be a little over on the price, but it's a hybrid that looks like the newer civic/accord, and more importantly NOT like a Prius. 

I for sure don't mind the dorky look of a Prius. I'm 100% function over form. The Insight is a nice looking car, though.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/17/2020 at 12:14 AM, keymomachine said:

Definitely interested in electric as I'm looking at Solar Panels for the house in the future. When I found out there is an extra $100 registration fee for true EVs in IL, I kind of ruled out the Leaf and looked harder at PHEVs like the Volt and C-max Energi. Thanks for the suggestion.

wYWCyZXL-QxJ8V5T6U3ycvg0tU5U-y1QsnZ8FjHVWJ3DnDrmLBOdOvKCZwqFa0A-vHX7VSsbQCZCb2-6nWkfj3YwEWPXZmHW1J1a9rqCfAjIrspd2Zi5umsq6fQMCEa75Eai-YJL-SWs_HHuC1ory6eahSvBJDNK9kR_fgTUCt9Y3PjOrE6wINd7qUjd4Q4MpcxorBOHCHQpLyUdj7AAYPen8vy4lOMR2Ixfg51bgQSTXCbp6Bm-0L3P4ULDrlu-bLN6jfeiE42gPg1zXTPWRb7glTqAlKbXIy1QoISfvgeQ92s_0Beds0IoQwUnBZG6lTUYHYua4w3zgEDMZ1SgxUv2SI8GMZaHtYloE4wBaui0uRyh6ZV68lT078gygNC5OVAwWwTTy__TvZbUL0F8gGN9XIAA1YzWy-lg6NM0TgHXUuuLM57RHeP-spFgHyZwuTNlWrclKXNRdyUg6-uhrtpxvqnonpWvWR6vVqMujr6z-w98SoIigkdRjUM8WE1PMN4opO7XlCHM02-x6KNAsIpbsZYCItjANfDO0u4DWqnmOvLODdP2-yAbbIElYRInAkbnA8kGOIT2dCfxw_0gBjSQaGwdn8CPKhxdS3KRU4JBOoPT7ACK2W1sJMHsfhNLIsKqiU4uPylr0LW4Q9vIBnRloRuAINi66kZyDiUU8a2s206TL7PL9bXp4-mfrw=w1470-h804-no?authuser=0

Bought this C-Max Energi plug-in hybrid today. Basically the same dimensions as the Vibe it's replacing. Sure it's literally my least favorite color of car, but you can't tell from inside where it's got Android Auto for making my way to far off Walmarts without getting lost.