What do you drive?

Since we're de-railing I want in. :cheese:

Love both of those models- the Outback and Mazda. My first- and one of my favorite cars- was a 1983 Mazda RX-7 (rotary engine) with a manual transmission. Nothing else like it. Got it in '96 with less than 30k on it.

My first car, purchased in 1998, was also a Mazda Rx-7 rotary hatchback (1984) in the highly desirable brown turd color.

It was a fun car to drive through HS and college. I had visions of keeping it forever as a collectible because of the classic style and the body/exterior was in great shape, but it got too dang expensive to upkeep and I donated it when we were about to move cross country and it needed an entire master clutch cylinder repair.

• Like 1

Pretty much the same reason we decided on a mazdaspeed3. 6 speed hatchback with 264hp.

Love the speed3, was going to buy one two years ago but let the wife talk me out of it.

I had one I was messing with in my mustang and I couldn't catch him.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Brickpicker mobile app

Love the speed3, was going to buy one two years ago but let the wife talk me out of it.

I had one I was messing with in my mustang and I couldn't catch him.

When we were ready to buy, all the extras she wanted in the regular Mazda 3, it was only and extra $3k to move into the "speed" model. $3k for an extra 100hp and 6 speed transmission is a no brainer to me. My only complaint is sunroofs weren't an option, at least for the 2007 models.
  • Like 1

When we were ready to buy, all the extras she wanted in the regular Mazda 3, it was only and extra $3k to move into the "speed" model. $3k for an extra 100hp and 6 speed transmission is a no brainer to me. My only complaint is sunroofs weren't an option, at least for the 2007 models.

Have you kept it stock?

Have you kept it stock?

Pretty much. I upgraded to a koni shock with eibach springs (.5" drop), whiteline sway bars and end links. My buddy and I swapped the suspension. A guy from my old hockey team owns an alignment shop and I had him do the sway bars since the sub frame needed to be re and re'ed. I couldn't believe what a difference sway bars make, the thing handles like a go-kart now.

I probably won't mess with any chips cams etc., it's fast enough already.

Just got my v10 R8. Fast car but also quite comfortable but zero space for Lego's except for one ToO in the front

Great ride but horrible for lego shopping

Sexy sexy sexy! Easily in my top 5 of rides I'd love to own. Please tell me lego investing got you this beauty. Then I may just have a chance.
  • Like 1

was just about to site mail you. Sorry nothing personal we just felt there are plenty (too many really) threads where random chit chat can take place.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the majority of the threads have a topic that we need to stick to, at least if there is one "free for all" thread, the conversation can flow freely wherever it takes us, as long as it's tasteful.

I think we have been more than fair with all the non lego talk. There is way too much we aren't trying to add to it. There are plenty of "free for all" threads you just have to look.

Isn't the main free for all thread, the Complaint Thread? Not all the posts there are complaints.

Anyway, now this threads off topic... Getting back on topic...

Since this thread started last year I have changed my Mini to a big Mini - a 2015 model 5 door. Its a whole 20cm longer.

• Like 1

I drive a 2012 Nissan Leaf I bought used with 2000 miles on it a year and half ago.  It now has 27,000.  Costs me 45 cents in electricity to make a run to my nearest Target, 22 miles round trip.  I put solar panels in myself 4 years ago too.  They will have paid for themselves and making me money in another 2 years.  Used Leafs are way cheap.  No gas, no engine, no exhaust, no oil.  Check them out.  

I can't wait to post a pic when I upgrade to a Tesla with my Lego profits.  I peg after Christmas 2017 if I can keep the money away from my wife who wants to remodel the house with something other than Lego bricks.

• Like 1

Sexy sexy sexy! Easily in my top 5 of rides I'd love to own. Please tell me lego investing got you this beauty. Then I may just have a chance.

Lego investing and has been fun and my portfolio is deep into the 6 figures but it was my medical career that helped me get this rise.

Lego I see as a longterm investment strategy so that years from now I can still afford cars like the R8

• Like 1