What do you drive?

Vw tdi jetta.

If there is another vehicle that provides speed, style, practicality, good for environment, and gas milage better please, someone, tell me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Brickpicker mobile app

Any diesel from the BMW range. Better mileage, lower emissions, more drive-ability ie: the torque range is spread better over the rev range.

VW TDI Jetta=speed, good for the environment... really!? :D

diesel engine is the best most green emissions setup a vehicle can have.

No, it's not a hotrod but it's not a standard 4 Door car. the T stands for turbo with a tdi u get a little bit of everything.

Yeah, the bmws are nice as are the Audi but not available in the USA. Though the tdi jetta does have mostly Audi parts.

Edited by hxckid88

Any diesel from the BMW range. Better mileage, lower emissions, more drive-ability ie: the torque range is spread better over the rev range.

No, it's not a hotrod but it's not a standard 4 Door car. the T stands for turbo with a tdi u get a little bit of everything.

Yeah, the bmws are nice as are the Audi but not available in the USA. Though the tdi jetta does have mostly Audi parts.

I think the comment was intended that is anything that burns fossil fuels really "good for the environment." "Better than the alternatives" might be a little closer to reality.

The TDIs are really nice engines. I could do without the Jetta around it though. ;)

• Like 2

I think the comment was intended that is anything that burns fossil fuels really "good for the environment." "Better than the alternatives" might be a little closer to reality

That's exactly where I was going with that.

I would vote for a Tesla, not sure what kind of mileage you get on a full charge though.

Vw tdi jetta.

If there is another vehicle that provides speed, style, practicality, good for environment, and gas milage better please, someone, tell me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Brickpicker mobile app

WOW, i pictured you more of an american muscle car type guy. Nice to see you have a feminine side to you ;)

WOW, i pictured you more of an american muscle car type guy. Nice to see you have a feminine side to you ;)

I do buy a ton of makeup these days. ;) and...

My prior vehicle was a Jeep Grand Cherokee...... Which fun fact of the day is driven by more females then males by far. The gap puts it at the number one vehicle for gender difference.

Crap. I'm going to the gym to listen to Pantera and lift heavy things.

• Like 2

• 5 years later...

Using some Hidden Side dark magic to resurrect this old thread.

As you may recall, I lost my old reliable Pontiac Vibe a couple months back and it's time to replace it.

So I'm in the market for a used car under $15k. The car's primary purpose would be for my wife's 10 mile round-trip commute, but probably the majority of the mileage would be my Lego shopping runs. Wife wants a Prius, but I'm looking at other hatchback options as well - need to keep it small to fit in the garage. Curious if y'all have any suggestions.

22 minutes ago, keymomachine said:

As you may recall, I lost my old reliable Pontiac Vibe a couple months back and it's time to replace it.

So I'm in the market for a used car under $15k. The car's primary purpose would be for my wife's 10 mile round-trip commute, but probably the majority of the mileage would be my Lego shopping runs. Wife wants a Prius, but I'm looking at other hatchback options as well - need to keep it small to fit in the garage. Curious if y'all have any suggestions.

A second car for very short trips...maybe a cheap (but battery depleted to 50ish% capacity) Nissan Leaf? Would save you a lot of money in purchase price, maintenance, and gas.

I drive a Nissan Pathfinder. It’s does what it need to, but I’ve not been *happy* with it since I bought it. It’s all plastic, and those plastic pieces break all the time.

Earlier this year, my wife and I got our dream car - a Volkswagen Beetle Diesel Convertible. We used to both drive Beetles years ago, before kids. But she didn’t have a convertible and I didn’t have a diesel. So best of both.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, keymomachine said:

Chevy Volt would be perfect for you. The short commute could be done solely on battery power but allow you to drive across the country without having to stop and charge. We have one and love it. 

Just now, brickolodon said:

Interesting how long ppl keep their cars emoji593.png I heard best way to buy 3-5 old ones and keep it as long as possible aka until it’s go to junk yard?

I've got a 2004 Camry that's still going strong.  However, I work from home so its just an errand car. For everything bigger then a trip down the street we use my wifes 2012 Sienna.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Bought my dream car this summer - Tesla Model 3. Love every minute driving that car. A bit more expensive than $15k though ... but LEGO pays the bills :)

Very nice Phil! We were in the market for our very first fun car last year, and I wanted a Tesla, but my wife hates them. They're everywhere here in the SF Bay Area.

We've had practical cars our entire lives (Civic, Accord, Prius, Murano), so we felt we deserved a fun one. We bought a used M4 hard-top convertible and have been loving it since. 

Lucille POFA.jpg

Lucille.jpg

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, zaphoid said:

I've got a 2004 Camry that's still going strong.  However, I work from home so its just an errand car. For everything bigger then a trip down the street we use my wifes 2012 Sienna.

2009 Camry and 2006 Sienna on the driveway, now relegated to waiting for the kids to hit driving age (or Corona to end) in the next year. Great solid cars. 

But my Tesla (see above) gets all the current love :)

• Like 3

Interesting how long ppl keep their cars I heard best way to buy 3-5 old ones and keep it as long as possible aka until it’s go to junk yard?

So prior to that Beetle convertible, my wife drove a 2008 Honda Civic that we bought new, with 24 miles on it. We sold it with 250k miles on it, 12 years later.

The car before that was her previous Beetle that we lost to a car accident.

We lucked out with this Beetle. They don’t make the diesel ones any more. It’s 6 years old, but only had 30k on it. Being a diesel, I expect it will last forever. Hoping to hold onto it for a very long time.