What do you drive?

I am surprised, quite a few car lovers on here actually.

Finally made it home to my computer and my photos so here are my two children :P

Currently my Daily Driver is a 2006 BMW Z4 convertible:

bp_1393900764__cars_1.jpg

And my absolute prized possession and first love:

A 1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin Turbo (1 of 154 in it's color, all original and low miles)

bp_1393900980__cars_2.jpg

Hoping to add another slightly more suited daily driver to the mix soon just haven't decided what.

• Like 3

Why dream when you can have a Holden Commadore in the form of an '08/'09 Pontiac G8?

I wouldn't mind a G8 or even a 6.0 GTO and I know there isn't much difference but still just something special about a Holden.  Kinda like the Mitsubishi GTO in Japan...the 3000GT is the same car but for some reason it just feels....special and different.  Kinda like settling for a Jaguar, its nice and a great car...but deep down you are like "I really wanted an Aston" :P

And yes I know....I'm weird lol

Least it's better than the old supercharged model. Lucky to get 12km/L out of my old 2004 model. But it was more fun to drive than the current turbo charged models.

This month they launch the new 2.0L petrol turbo, 7hp more, but a load more torque.

Tempted by a 125d today, a 218hp diesel. :)

The extra hp and torque would have been nice! But I kind of like how small it is. The new ones are quite a bit bigger... though they managed to keep the weight the same. I'm trying to convince my partner we need to do a few performance upgrades but she wants the rally lights. Decisions!

Our other car will be 2014 Prius V loaded as soon as Toyota decides to build it. Le sigh, a practical family car.

Sent from my iPod touch using Brickpicker

I wouldn't mind a G8 or even a 6.0 GTO and I know there isn't much difference but still just something special about a Holden. Kinda like the Mitsubishi GTO in Japan...the 3000GT is the same car but for some reason it just feels....special and different. Kinda like settling for a Jaguar, its nice and a great car...but deep down you are like "I really wanted an Aston" :P

And yes I know....I'm weird lol

Oh I see. That makes sense. You're not that weird. I drive a 2002 WRX and I'm surrounded by people trying their damnedest to emulate the Japanese versions of their Subarus even though they are very similar to ours. It's a purist mentality and I respect that.

When I win Powerball I'll drive a TVR Sagaris daily and a McLaren P1 on the weekend...like a boss.

Oh I see. That makes sense. You're not that weird. I drive a 2002 WRX and I'm surrounded by people trying their damnedest to emulate the Japanese versions of their Subarus even though they are very similar to ours. It's a purist mentality and I respect that.

When I win Powerball I'll drive a TVR Sagaris daily and a McLaren P1 on the weekend...like a boss.

Exactly.

The P1 is amazing but I have to say the new Porche 918 Spyder blew my mind.  And that is high praise as I usually regard Porsches as overgrown VW beetles on steriods :P.  If you get a chance check out the newest Top Gear on it.

bp_1393914453__capture.jpg

Dem top mounted exhausts  :drool:

• 11 months later...

The guy updated his listing: he just checked his rabbit traps, and is able to throw two hares into the deal. I say strike while the iron is hot.

__

Migration: what's your ride? Love the 6-shifter.

2014 Outback. One of very few "family" vehicles available with a manual transmission. They had to have it transported from Raliegh for me. I'm just too much of a control freak to daily drive an automatic.
  • Like 1

2014 Outback. One of very few "family" vehicles available with a manual transmission. They had to have it transported from Raliegh for me. I'm just too much of a control freak to daily drive an automatic.

Pretty much the same reason we decided on a mazdaspeed3. 6 speed hatchback with 264hp.

Since we're de-railing I want in. :cheese:

Love both of those models- the Outback and Mazda. My first- and one of my favorite cars- was a 1983 Mazda RX-7 (rotary engine) with a manual transmission. Nothing else like it. Got it in '96 with less than 30k on it.

We've had a few nicer ones since, and probably due to the sentimental attachment, it remains my favorite. Current is an 11' Audi A6 S-line... it's a beast. But not manual. My wife's car.

Neighbor's kid has a manual WRX with AWD and 470 HP. The thing handles like a Lambo... incredible performance for the $.

Edited by Cross
  • Like 2

Love both of those models- the Outback and Mazda. My first- and one of my favorite cars- was a 1983 Mazda RX-7 (rotary engine) with a manual transmission. Nothing else like it. Got it in '96 with less than 30k on it.

We've had a few nicer ones since, and probably due to the sentimental attachment, it remains my favorite. Current is an 11' Audi A6 S-line... it's a beast. But not manual. My wife's car.

My favorite that I owned was an 89 Taurus SHO 5 Speed. I used to smoke 5.0 Mustangs in it. Tons of fun taking out a Mustang in a freakin Taurus.

Neighbor's kid has a manual WRX with AWD and 470 HP. The thing handles like a Lambo... incredible performance for the $.

love audis. Had a 99 tt neiman marcus edition numbered 64/100. Switched out the 180hp turbo with the 225hp off newer models. Apr chip, remus exhaust, and water injection kit. Boosted at 29psi. When i sold it a guy had been looking for one and on the test drive he says i take it this is not stock. Bought it on the spot.

Next up was a trailblazer ss. That was a fun project.

We need an off-topic thread for our pimp rides! Friend had  a SHO that was an absolute beast. And we're new to Audi after trading in a Rover LR3 that drove like a Panzer Tank.

Test drove an RS-TT when we bought the family wagon... one nasty ^%$&^ of a car. Fourteen years and counting till the kids are launched...

Edited by Cross

Woot! My 2nd car was a black '83 RX7. At age 19(in 1992) I bought it at a used auto dealer in South Attleboro Mass. Got ripped off a bit as I was a noob. Long story kind of short, a local Mazda dealer hooked me up fixing it up for @ $600. The mechanics took pity on me knowing what a mess I bought and made it their project. (I had to keep a quarter in the choke at one point to keep it idling at stops) The car had parts from 3 different years. They had spare parts for it and gave it back to me running mint 4 weeks later. Redline was I think 7000 rpm iirc. Edited by CC-Marley

We need an off-topic thread for our pimp rides! Friend had a SHO that was an absolute beast. And we're new to Audi after trading in a Rover LR3 that drove like a Panzer Tank.

Test drove an RS-TT when we bought the family wagon... one nasty ^%$&^ of a car. Fourteen years and counting till the kids are launched...

create one.