75059 - UCS: Sandcrawler

TheDarkness

I'm all over this during the next 2x or 3x VIP.  I just wonder how much Jawas will go for in the secondary market?  I need more Jawas and some Tuskens.  I still haven't broke down and bought any Tusken Raiders from the old battle pack yet.

Heck, I wouldn't mind having 3-4 dewbacks when the Cantina is released either.

I, for one, can't wait to build that giant pile of brown plastic poop.  Unless there's a miracle and it goes on sale on May 4, I will probably wait a year or two to get it.  There's too many other things to spend money on right now.

• Like 1

That build looks so incredibly non-appealing. I look at the Sandcrawler like I do the Back to the Future car. Great idea, horrible execution.

I don't see how it could have been done much better given the constraints for part count, price, etc.  I find that people are comparing it to that Cuusoo MOC, but that thing would cost a ton more if sold at retail.

In reality, the vehicle it's based on is a big brown box so people are either going to love it or hate it.

• Like 1

I'm all over this during the next 2x or 3x VIP.  I just wonder how much Jawas will go for in the secondary market?  I need more Jawas and some Tuskens.  I still haven't broke down and bought any Tusken Raiders from the old battle pack yet.

Heck, I wouldn't mind having 3-4 dewbacks when the Cantina is released either.

I was putting hope into there being a tusken or 2 thrown into the new cantina set, but looks like that's out of the question.  My 2nd hope was that they'd be thrown into the new sand crawler.  Well, no dice there either.

Hopefully they stay in the Tatooine setting long enough that we get some.

• 3 weeks later...

I was just looking at this thread and saw some discussions about comparing the piece count of this set to the old one. The new build features a nice deal of Technic elements to support the plates. And you know what drives up piece count?

Technic pins. Just look at the 10212 Imperial Shuttle. ~380 pins and their Technic brothers. ~80 axles. That's about 1/5of the set. I predict there will be at least this many in the Sandcrawler.

I'm in for one in a couple years.  It's going to be floating out there a while so there isn't any rush to keep the money tied up unless there are extreme deals.  Hard to imagine a rerelease of a rerelease Sandcrawler.  Much like Jabba's Palace and the Sail Barge, it's hard to imagine either of these sets being topped in a long while.  The minifigure quality is very high though the builds of the sets sets may not be the bees knees for everyone.

Brickshow's review of the new Sandcrawler.

The box is way huge. Nearly same size as 10188 / DS.

It is definitely a UCS based on the model's detailed design (although the box has the logo) and use of technic elements (ball joints, axels, etc...) .

While it looks like a fully "play" set like 10198, I think this Sandcrawler might be a bit fragile for kids.

Overall, nice job Lego.

Sent from an iPhone using the Brickpicker app

Nice video review, thanks for posting.  Only complaint would be for $300 that there should be more printed elements and less stickers, especially for the cockpit, the control panels look decent but the radar screen is dismal. That being said I will still be picking this up May 3rd.

Wanted to be excited, but this set looks rubbish. For babies. Wasted UCS idea. SSD got me back into Lego - and there's been nothing close since. B-wing was underrated and WAY better than this Fisher Price turd on wheels play set!

Wanted to be excited, but this set looks rubbish. For babies. Wasted UCS idea. SSD got me back into Lego - and there's been nothing close since. B-wing was underrated and WAY better than this Fisher Price turd on wheels play set!

Give it a chance. It shouldn't be a downgrade refresh as the updated AT-AT and last year's Sail Barge in terms of design, size, and elements used.

I will be getting mine on Saturday and will posting comparison pics early next week.

• Like 2