Star Wars Microfighters

kunfuzd

One of my Wal-Marts restocked a bunch of Series 1 Falcons, X-Wings, Tie Interceptors, and Turbo Tanks. 10 or so of each.

Very odd because including Target, I have seen most Walmart's that had series 1 put them on clearance. Not the first time I've seen these retailers clearance something then get it back in stock immediately after.

• 1 month later...

The first series of these builds were good in a classic sense but I think the current second one is even better altogether. The parts in particular on the baddies side catch my attention in terms of potential like the Homing Spider Droid and Vulture Droid. I had a stray thought with mixing all three (the two just mentioned and the AT-AT) into something for the heck of it. I don't know what but I do know something. Heh.

On the side note of parts, I think the 75078 Imperial Troop Transport is a fantastic battle pack for soldiers and parts both. I see alternative potential there too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I bought some sets of these for 50% off after Christmas.  I'm not sure how they will perform since they were available for a full 12 months.  I was hoping for a shorter run and if the series isn't continued people will forget about them.  Has there been any news of a wave 3?

I bought a few sets of these using a 20% off 100.00 coupon at BAM.   I think they'll do OK.  Complete sets of the planet series were profitable for those that had them, so I could see these doing better than the planet series.  Although, there's still quite a few left out there in the retail stores.

I'm assuming MF and Xwing will probably do the best EOL...thus I've bought mostly these two sets. That said, I'm wondering if it will be better to have the entire series 1 vs multiples of the most iconic ships. I don't really want to buy all the vehicles from series 1, but is it foolish to overlook the potential on a complete set?

I'm assuming MF and Xwing will probably do the best EOL...thus I've bought mostly these two sets. That said, I'm wondering if it will be better to have the entire series 1 vs multiples of the most iconic ships. I don't really want to buy all the vehicles from series 1, but is it foolish to overlook the potential on a complete set?

​I purchased complete sets. But, my reason was I don't care for the small transactions. If it is not > $100 I don't want to wast time. I will be selling lots of complete Series 1.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

So my friendly neighborhood Walgreen's has three of the 75030 MF sitting on the shelves at an inflated retail price of $12.99.  There used to be four, but one of them came home with me.  I'm thinking I should go back and get the rest, seems like the worse I can do is break even.

Edited by jaxman

Any predictions on how well series 1 will do longer term?

Not even near "peak buying" season, and these are already over 100 for a complete set on amazon.  They have risen quite a bit over the last month.  Started around 70, then up to 80, then mid 90s, now it's at 108.. Starting to look good for those sitting on complete sets.  Series 1 should be 3x in no time.  Not as sold on series 2 since it has so many prequel sets, but we shall see.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

From the Toys R Us descriptions for next year's Star Wars sets which have been springing up, one for The Ghost Microfighter popped up stating the minifigure will be Hera Syndulla then continues with matching it up to the TIE Advanced Prototype (Microfighter) but no mention as to who will be included there. I can only think of the Inquisitor who flew it originally and unless Hera has a second outfit she should be the same as in the larger scale Ghost set.

From the Toys R Us descriptions for next year's Star Wars sets which have been springing up, one for The Ghost Microfighter popped up stating the minifigure will be Hera Syndulla then continues with matching it up to the TIE Advanced Prototype (Microfighter) but no mention as to who will be included there. I can only think of the Inquisitor who flew it originally and unless Hera has a second outfit she should be the same as in the larger scale Ghost set.

hope she's got another outfit though... already got the ghost ^^