Star Wars Microfighters

kunfuzd

I love the Galaxy Series but just bought my first Micro. They seem a little cartoon like. I guess I prefer the more realistic features and recreating scenes.attachicon.gifImageUploadedByBrickpicker Forum1421185129.296999.jpg

As it happens, I'm about to completely redo my (almost) 3 year old's room into a Star Wars theme.  Just decided this yesterday.  And I just started thinking about how to hang Lego from the ceiling.

This is perfect!  Man, wish I would have stocked up on those planets and those micro fighters...

Any hints that you can pass on, on how to hang from the ceiling?

Sure! We have limited space so we hang a lot of stuff from the ceilings and walls. I just use push-pins on all the lightweight stuff. A screw in hanging Ring or hook works well for the larger items. You can get by with some surprisingly light weight monofilament (2-4lb. Test). I used 20 pound test for the larger models because that's what I had. It's best to find the stud underneath the drywall with a stud Sensor but they make some pretty reliable self tapping drywall anchors as well. You can find them at any hardware store. There's no need to drill any holes. I find a #3 Phillips head screwdriver works best but a #2 will work as well. Not everyone has a #3 at hand. They look like a white corkscrew and are available in different sizes. Be sure to get the appropriate size ceiling hook for the anchor. You want to be able to screw it in without over tightening and dislodging the drywall anchor. Another technique would be to just read the directions on the package. But my three-year-old says, "Ah! who needs'em?!"

modelspost-46945-14211909114052_thumb.jpg

post-46945-14211910051396_thumb.jpgpost-46945-14211910584458_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Awesome, thanks. Next big question - are you Kragle'ing these guys, or no?

In my mind, seems like a dumb question, but I just gotta ask.

Its not a dumb question at all. I don't but because there's really no reason to but I'm not about to criticize a kragler. It's entirely up to you. If you have a piece that keeps falling apart there are plenty of ways to keep it in place that are less permanent. Perhaps one thing to keep in mind: 'Safety First' maybe a good reason to stay away from adhesives. If it fell on my son's head or worse...mine ;-) I'd much rather it fall into pieces.

Its not a dumb question at all. I don't but because there's really no reason to but I'm not about to criticize a kragler. It's entirely up to you. If you have a piece that keeps falling apart there are plenty of ways to keep it in place that are less permanent. Perhaps one thing to keep in mind: 'Safety First' maybe a good reason to stay away from adhesives. If it fell on my son's head or worse...mine ;-) I'd much rather it fall into pieces.

Great, thanks.

I'm realizing now that I didn't pay any attention the Planet series, and now I've got some catching up to do.  Those look great hanging up.  I may have to mix up some Microfighters and some Planets, if I can get some planets at a good price still.

We built the AAT and MF last night. The Falcon I like, the AAT I dis. They are robust by comparison and the PB ratio is better for sure. They did a great job on the falcon and I like the new solo. The 'new' tank droid... That's a stretch and getting it to sit in the cockpit is difficult, getting it to stay in the cockpit is impossible. I'll probably pick up some more Falcons.

If you are near a Bartells Drug, the Galaxies have been on clearance since December for $7.19. I picked up a bunch of TIE Interceptors, a couple pod racers, and some AT-STs but all that's left in my area are the Bespin pod fighter things.

is anyone else thinking the first round of microfighters as an investment now that they are pretty scarce in stores and the series 2 is on shelves?

i havent decided but they are definitely cooler than the planet sets even for a display purpose.

I havent stocked up but i at least got one of each for the collector in me. didnt see them for a discount really ever. maybe 15% at most.

I love the Planet series and think they display much better on the shelf or strung up in battle scenes. The average person whose going to buy these sets won't have a lot of money or space for displaying them. Both Planet and Micro sets allow a relatively inexpensive opportunity to own a large armada.

two sets from series 1 appear to be going EOL - showing up at LEGO Shop at Home  as SOLD OUT also with $5.98 price tag - any brickpickers snag these at this price?   

specifically  AAT and Star Destroyer.

rest of microfighters series one in stock and at normal price.

two sets from series 1 appear to be going EOL - showing up at LEGO Shop at Home  as SOLD OUT also with $5.98 price tag - any brickpickers snag these at this price?   

specifically  AAT and Star Destroyer.

rest of microfighters series one in stock and at normal price.

Pretty sure the markdown happened after it went OOS/Sold out.

I thought they were both available early yesterday morning at that price... or maybe 6.99?...  in fact the AAT hung on for quite a while.

I bought some ISD's about that price from BAM a few weeks ago.  I've also got a small stash of MF's and X-wings which I've been picking up in the $8 - $9 range.  These are the only one's I'm investing in (Original Trilogy).  I don't know why no one likes the ISD... I also think it pairs best with the MF and the X-wing.

I really like the Turbo Tank too, but don't think I'll be investing in it.