Star Wars Microfighters

kunfuzd

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Codes said:

Yep, I'm all over that.  Huge Y-Wing fan right here.  Back in my Rogue Squadron playing days, I'd often opt for the Y-wing over the X-Wing in dogfighting missions merely for the satisfaction of dropping ion torpedoes on Tie Fighters.

Me too! I was really hoping there would be some Y-Wing action in the Force Awakens. Instead they used X-Wings for a bombing run :nea:

3 hours ago, c_rpg said:

Me too! I was really hoping there would be some Y-Wing action in the Force Awakens. Instead they used X-Wings for a bombing run :nea:

This was actually something that surprised me the most about TFA - A general lack of variety in the spaceships. Considering ROTJ threw about 10 different fighters out during the final battle, basically seeing Ties and X-Wings I thought was a little odd. I am not sure if I am complaining, it was just noticable to me. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Still a long way off till the next series is released, but what other microfighters are you guys looking forward to seeing?

Here are some ideas for good guy / bad guy pairs:

Y-wing + Gold Leader & Death Star + Vader

A-Wing + Sabine & Mandalorian Starfighter + Mandalorian Pilot

Jedi Starfighter + Obi Wan & Slave 1 + Jango Fett

Most likely they will have at least one pair from Rogue One and one pair from Rebels.

The BWing is my favorite ship, so I'd love to see it. Lol. But I don't think it's practical for the Micro Fighters sets.

I would love an Awing and a Ywing. Those would be awesome.

There are so many vehicles to consider though. A T-16 and a Sandcrawler would be cool. A Jawa would come with the SC. You could do a Mon Cal with Ackbar. Maybe an SSD with Vader?

There's a shop near my home that has two series 2 MF's, the 75074 and 75075. The rest is all series 3. I haven't got any in my collection, do you still think it worth getting two or three for this Christmas?

I have no experience on these MF's, but have read that series 1 was a good investment.

Thoughts please...

Thank you in advance.

There's a shop near my home that has two series 2 MF's, the 75074 and 75075. The rest is all series 3. I haven't got any in my collection, do you still think it worth getting two or three for this Christmas?

I have no experience on these MF's, but have read that series 1 was a good investment.

Thoughts please...

Thank you in advance.

Series 1 is probably the only good investment. The rest will be hoarded and have razor thin margins.

there will be winners in all series.

series 2 - spider droid and the arc whatever came and went quick.  republic gunship will do great.

series 3 - ghost, resistance x-wing. 

you need to buy these for $7 or less to make it worth your while.  otherwise you might as get some windex and paper towels &  go clean some windows  next to the highway offramp and try and score some money that way.   

cheap to ship first class.   the winners should make it to $21 within a year of retirement. 

none of the others are going to do as well as the millennium falcon.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, miguelze said:

Thoughts please...

Thank you in advance.

I hear the MF on the MF MF is really nice.

Seriously - please let's stop the acronym overloading.

PS: Bonus points for those who decipher my first sentence.

Edited by Phil B

1 hour ago, cladner said:

you need to buy these for $7 or less to make it worth your while.  otherwise you might as get some windex and paper towels &  go clean some windows  next to the highway offramp and try and score some money that way.   

I love that statement! but I usually pay "that guy" a couple bucks to not clean my window! :beerhat:

• 4 weeks later...

The SP for 75030 MF is now 25 euros plus shipping on bricklink and Ebay Europe and more importantly, there are less than a dozen sellers on each and few big hitters. I can see this one getting to between 3 and 4 times RRP by the end of the year.

• 2 months later...

image.jpeg

Costco is going to do the multipacks again this year:

• Microfighters 3-pack #1 (Item #950650)
    • 75125 Resistance X-Wing Fighter
    • 75127 The Ghost
    • 75130 AT-DP

• Microfighters 3-pack #2 (Item #950650)
    • 75126 First Order Snow Speeder
    • 75128 TIE Advanced Prototype
    • 75129 Wookie Gunships

No, I don't know why the item number is the same.  They have not showed up on Costco.com yet.