Star Wars Microfighters

kunfuzd

I like them.

Short and sweet.

IN reality, the smaller version of the Falcon and ISD (the MIDIs) did pretty well. I could see the Falcon. I don't like the ISD - not much detail since the guy is sitting in front of the most detailed part.

Edit: Take that back - only the falcon did well. But I could see it being a sleeper.

Short and sweet.

IN reality, the smaller version of the Falcon and ISD (the MIDIs) did pretty well. I could see the Falcon. I don't like the ISD - not much detail since the guy is sitting in front of the most detailed part.

Edit: Take that back - only the falcon did well. But I could see it being a sleeper.

They are different and cute.  Another very collectible and affordable STAR WARS LEGO set.  

Personally, I hate all of them except for the Star Destroyer and Millennium Falcon. They are somewhat true to the original vehicles, and the Falcon comes with a Han Solo, so for people who want a new Han it's a great set. I hope they make more like that, because the minifigures do sell the sets. Give people a red Jedi Interceptor with Obi-Wan, and it will sell like crazy. It has potential, but not enough driving force at the moment. Investment wise, hold off before doing something drastic. Inevitably, there will be a sale on some if not all of these, so IF you want to make an investment, wait until then.

I haven't seen any of the new SW sets locally... Probably a good thing though as I really want the new AT AT.

At this rate, we will be getting our Summer release Star Wars sets by February of next year.

But seriously, why the huge change in the release dates? I understand Marvel since most Marvel movies come out in April/May, but why Star Wars and half of DC Comics?

I'm not a fan.  I too don't like how the minifig is designed to sit on the vehicle.  It's just weird.  If the figure was separate it may be a little better.  I also think most of the builds aren't up to the same standard as previous mini-build sets.  If I wanted a MF on my desk I'd choose the 4488.  But I guess for the cheaper price and the general consumer being unaware of previous sets they might do ok.

• Like 1

Me and the kids love em. Handling a huge mf or tie fighter is inpossible for little hands to plau with.

Ive been wishing for these a long time and plan to seriously load up at 50% off. Not everybody can afford a big mf nor can kids use it. But a hand size kit for $10 with a legit figure? Perfect for home. Travel. Gifts.

If I wanted a MF on my desk I'd choose the 4488.  

I've thought about taking the cockpit piece and just putting it on this one! i have the 4488 (mind you not in the best of condition) but i was always put off a bit by it due to the lame cockpit piece. I may try taking some parts from the micro fighter one and putting them on this one to add a bit more detail.