What Lego set did you sell today and for how much?

• 3 years later...
On 12/15/2018 at 12:16 PM, TabbyBoy said:

Dropped off this morning:

100x CITY Super Pack for £2500 cash (£1875 from George after 25% off) - £625 profit within 24hrs of collection and no packing or fees ?

I have another stash of these which I'll sell as individual sets after EOL.

OOS at George now, but I'll pile in again if restocked and discounted.

Was that the 3 in 1 pack?

Wow, sold with no effort. Do you sell on to a toy shop?

They are back in stock but no 25% discount. ?

Edited by cocobay71

36 minutes ago, Mark Twain said:

Sold three Krennic shuttles for $90. My buy in was $35. I hate feeling like I sold too soon, that this time next year it’ll be at $120 instead of this, but SW has been so slow on eBay, that I’m happy to move them and have the space freed up.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

Wow. Where did you get them at such a good price to begin with?  Never ever saw them that cheap in stores.  

• Like 1

Wow. Where did you get them at such a good price to begin with?  Never ever saw them that cheap in stores.  

A few WMs near me clearanced this set out January 2018. Interesting, the WM I bought them from is notorious for phantom stock, $.10 poly bags in double digit numbers that have “disappeared” but these krennic shuttles were accurate through the tracker, just sitting on the shelf, no clearance sticker or anything.

1 hour ago, Mark Twain said:

Sold three Krennic shuttles for $90. My buy in was $35. I hate feeling like I sold too soon, that this time next year it’ll be at $120 instead of this, but SW has been so slow on eBay, that I’m happy to move them and have the space freed up.

No shame in the clearance flip game.  Hopefully you converted that profit into some 2018 retirement winners.

2 hours ago, Mark Twain said:

A few WMs near me clearanced this set out January 2018. Interesting, the WM I bought them from is notorious for phantom stock, $.10 poly bags in double digit numbers that have “disappeared” but these krennic shuttles were accurate through the tracker, just sitting on the shelf, no clearance sticker or anything.

Are you referring to the Google Expeess tracker or something else?  Thanks for clarifying. That was a really incredible deal.  

I'm creating a spreadsheet which projects all costs associated with a sale.  I'm trying to account for every cost (including the cost of boxes, shipping, fees, etc) so I can see the minimum amount I need to charge.  The only issue I'm running into is the charge for shipping.  I found the USPS site with Priority Mail rates (https://pe.usps.com/cpim/ftp/manuals/dmm300/notice123.pdf) for the 9 zones (First Class is pretty standard no matter where in the Continental US) and have decided to use the most expensive zone (9) as my base, before adding a 21% savings for 1st Class and 11% for Priority which I found here (https://pages.ebay.com/carriers/index.html).

Does anyone here get this granular, and if so how do you account for shipping discounts without making yet another column (I'm up to Column U)?

No shame in the clearance flip game.  Hopefully you converted that profit into some 2018 retirement winners.

I hope. The game changes so quickly it is hard to keep track sometimes. I feel like it was significantly easier to buy deeply discounted sets online this fall opposed to last, but in-store markdowns flew off the shelf at 50% this year, when in years past, they lingered even after 75% off. Of course, this is just in my little slice of rural America.

Edit to add, I never bought much in bulk online before except for the WM pricing error on 2017, so I didn’t have issues with bans or canceled orders.

7 hours ago, mfc90125 said:

I'm creating a spreadsheet which projects all costs associated with a sale.  I'm trying to account for every cost (including the cost of boxes, shipping, fees, etc) so I can see the minimum amount I need to charge.  The only issue I'm running into is the charge for shipping.  I found the USPS site with Priority Mail rates (https://pe.usps.com/cpim/ftp/manuals/dmm300/notice123.pdf) for the 9 zones (First Class is pretty standard no matter where in the Continental US) and have decided to use the most expensive zone (9) as my base, before adding a 21% savings for 1st Class and 11% for Priority which I found here (https://pages.ebay.com/carriers/index.html).

Does anyone here get this granular, and if so how do you account for shipping discounts without making yet another column (I'm up to Column U)?

You get way more in depth than I do. I just estimate a 16% cost factor on sale price. It seems to be pretty spot-on in the long run. 

Sold a Pop Star Tour Bus today for $55 locally on Facebook Marketplace, made just over $16.  It took a while to sell this for some reason and it never sold on BrickLink over the past two Christmas selling seasons despite lowering the price (was asking $63.95).  

The buyer worked for a child and family services program and that is where this set is going.  He was very happy with the price and resulted in a connection for future sales / a repeat buyer.  Sometimes it is not about how much we all make from a sale, but the joy it brings to someone, where it goes in the end and making connections.

Edited by LegoWalker4
  • Like 4

Sold a Pop Star Tour Bus today for $55 locally on Facebook Marketplace, made just over $16.  It took a while to sell this for some reason and it never sold on BrickLink over the past two Christmas selling seasons despite lowering the price (was asking $63.95).  
The buyer worked for a child and family services program and that is where this set is going.  He was very happy with the price and resulted in a connection for future sales / a repeat buyer.  Sometimes it is not about how much we all make from a sale, but the joy it brings to someone, where it goes in the end and making connections.

Hmmm, I’d buy at that price.
  • Like 2

Hmm .. Interesting it was so hard to sell .. Sold an open, damaged box one the other day on EBay w free shipping for $85. Buy-in was also $40, and it was originally intended as a present for my daughter before she lost interest.