What Lego set did you sell today and for how much?

• 3 years later...

Just sold a couple of Ninjago sets 2507 Fire Temple and 2521 Lightning Dragon.  Both were new, but the guy I bought them from cut the seals to show me the bags were sealed.  He did so because he was selling three Ninjago sets as "new" but one of them was partially built.  So I questioned the other two, which I really wanted.

So for $30 investment, just sold the pair for $290.  With ebay max fee of $10 / set, even more profit for me.  

I actually need to give a shout-out to my wife who spotted these at a garage sale.  As annoyed as my wife gets about my LEGO... habit, she must really love me to bring these to my attention. lol

• Like 3

Guest TabbyBoy

Dropped off this morning:

100x CITY Super Pack for £2500 cash (£1875 from George after 25% off) - £625 profit within 24hrs of collection and no packing or fees ?

I have another stash of these which I'll sell as individual sets after EOL.

OOS at George now, but I'll pile in again if restocked and discounted.

Sold a 10175 Vader’s Tie for $550. Slightly double the bought in price at used condition.
Intended to keep but can’t resist the profit.

Amazing how well this set holds value even when it’s used. Bought a new one for $565 with 10% ebay bucks back. Can build it, display, and still sell it for same price I bought it for.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

Did a quick flip of one of my Old Fishing Stores for $250 on FB Marketplace.

I had never used it before so I thought I’d try it out. Happy for the quick flip but I got a lot of people who messaged me complaining of my asking price. Many kept referring to the RRP at Shop @ home.

It was pretty annoying, should I expect more of this if I keep using FB Marketplace?

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum

7 minutes ago, Solsbury18 said:

I had never used it before so I thought I’d try it out. Happy for the quick flip but I got a lot of people who messaged me complaining of my asking price. Many kept referring to the RRP at Shop @ home.

It was pretty annoying, should I expect more of this if I keep using FB Marketplace?

you should have an cut and paste response telling them to buy it there.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Solsbury18 said:

In my opinion, yes, absolutely, and for at least three reasons:

1) there’s no barrier to entry for Facebook marketplace and you don’t have to have any sort of money account to link to. Paypal/electronic payment acts as a security feature on eBay and Amazon.  

2) there are no fees, which should absolutely drive prices down 

3) there’s no real feedback system, and therefore no real seller accountability 

I’m never going to buy something on Facebook marketplace that I can find for a better price and significantly less risk elsewhere. Sellers should take that into account. Buyers have every right to expect to haggle a bit. Sellers who aren’t willing to should go sell somewhere else. 

Edited by calmdahn

In my opinion, yes, absolutely, and for at least three reasons:
1) there’s no barrier to entry for Facebook marketplace and you don’t have to have any sort of money account to link to. Paypal/electronic payment acts as a security feature on eBay and Amazon.  
2) there are no fees, which should absolutely drive prices down 
3) there’s no real feedback system, and therefore no real seller accountability 
I’m never going to buy something on Facebook marketplace that I can find for a better price and significantly less risk elsewhere. Sellers should take that into account. Buyers have every right to expect to haggle a bit. Sellers who aren’t willing to should go sell somewhere else. 

All your points make sense, but in this case it’s sold out at LEGO and pretty much every where else online right now. I told people they were free to go online and try to find it but I had it in hand. What really got me is they didn’t even make offers, just complained about the price.

2 minutes ago, Solsbury18 said:

All your points make sense, but in this case it’s sold out at LEGO and pretty much every where else online right now. I told people they were free to go online and try to find it but I had it in hand. What really got me is they didn’t even make offers, just complained about the price.

This happens on eBay and Amazon. Well, everywhere.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Solsbury18 said:

I see what you’re saying too, sure. But I don’t think you should be remotely surprised or taken aback that people sense the LL in QFLL. ;)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Solsbury18 said:

You should expect the same kind of responses you'd see on Craigslist, LetGo, OfferUP or any other unregulated marketplace.

Doubly so when you've set the price above the going secondary market rates on both Amazon and eBay.

• Thanks 2

sales are crazy but one made me laugh out loud when crazy price got hit without me noticing as i was reviewing sales from this week.

lego palace pets royal castle 41142 for $65 fba - ridiculous - msrp was $19.99.  i paid $9 at walmart last year.  either way a total winner.  this thing is headed to $99.

Edited by cladner
  • Like 5

sales are crazy but one made me laugh out loud when crazy price got hit without me noticing as i was reviewing sales from this week.
lego palace pets royal castle 41142 for $65 fba - ridiculous - msrp was $19.99.  i paid $9 at walmart last year.  either way a total winner.  this thing is headed to $99.

I passed up dozens of those. ?
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Guest TabbyBoy
2 hours ago, Sozial said:

Sold my last 6864 for 95 Euro . Glad to finally see it vanish. Was a long journey. Buyin was 25 Euro, but it took sooooo long to get rid of it. Super Heroes: Even with 60% discount I will stay away from you. Farewell my friend.

I've avoided all Super Heroes themes for a long time, they are on my shitlist with Star Wars. I'm proud to say that I'm now 100% SH and SW free!

Just sold a 75045 SW Republic AV-7 Cannon for $86.  I had picked up four of them for something like $18 ea.  Also sold a 75080 SW AAT ($12 cost) for $70 from the same original purchase.   

I also sold a 60104 City Airport.  I had originally found it for $50 for my son, who decided he no longer wanted it.  I was thrilled to sell it for $180.  

• Like 2