10237 - Tower of Orthanc

You know sometimes it's really hard to tell a sarcasm, a joke... online when people can't see one's expression or hear the tone of one's voice. I do believe there's a need for a sarcasm sign, at least an emoji... lol

I'm a proponent of using the tilde to encapsulate a sarcastic sentence. It was a unique idea i've had, and i claim full credit for inventing it.

I think it makes it very clear, and even makes sense to folks who haven't heard of the idea before. Example below:

~The idea is bound to make me rich and famous~

• Like 1

Here's how i see this set.

Some AFOL's want a set that non-lego fans will see and say, "WHOA,,,,that's Lego?"

They want an impressive display piece.

They want something that looks screen accurate.

This is the ONLY set from the LOTR / Hobbit series that accomplishes most of those requirements. (maybe the Unexpected Gathering does at a smaller scale)

Amen brother!  Thats me in a nut shell :)

You know sometimes it's really hard to tell a sarcasm, a joke... online when people can't see one's expression or hear the tone of one's voice. I do believe there's a need for a sarcasm sign, at least an emoji... lol

I'd prefer just a big sarcasm button that flashes next to all my posts.

Considering we're highly unlikely to see as many exclusives retire as last year (I'm realistically thinking 3-4, optimistically thinking 5-6, but nowhere near last year) I really don't see the downside in ToO. When it was sold out for about a month I sold a couple locally and it wasn't hard, and ebay sold listings were not too shabby ($350 CAD range, not including shipping) considering it had been listed as sold out for such a short time. Folks really didn't like EEE, either, but I was happy to get as many as I could during 2xVIP plus promos and I'm confident in this set as well. I'd happily buy more at full CAD MSRP if I could find them.

Ah, who am I kidding, this thing is a big, ugly black turd. If it pops back up at S&H I'd stay far, far away!

Never assume that someone's buy in is MSRP.

true that.

but this late in the game i don't think we are talking about the horde who want just to get a piece of 10237. i don't think Selling price of $280 @ amazon has much meat to get $199+tax recovered.

only alternative would have if those sets were accumulated with all the magics and during certain period when promotional items brought something :Dand those prudent folks aren't bailing. either they didn't buy or they are holding long term ;)

Edited by newbie77