10237 - Tower of Orthanc

• 2 weeks later...

Well TBH this is hardly surprising as 320 after fees is about a meager 50€ profit for a reseller if he bought it in say Holland (229€ RRP). Slightly more for Germany. Set like this it's not worth the hassle for less...

True, but they were selling for only 220 2 months ago. TH was also available for RRP and a little more for a couple of months after EOL.

This set retired only about two months ago. Be patient. I will start looking to sell mine Xmas 2016 at the earliest. Hopefully it will be at 500 euro after fees by then. So I can make at least a profit of 100%.

Unfortunately I made a mistake and only got 2 of these with no substantial discounts. This set has a big bonus in that it won´t be remade due to the license issue and I assume that some resellers are now reassessing the value of their stock and when to sell in the light of recent events. The main thing is if the growth and demand are sustained or if it is just a flash in the pan like AA and values stabilise after Xmas........

400 euros might be a prudent bailout point - it´s amusing to see a number of resellets that bought my TH´s are now unable to sell theirs for the price they want so sometimes it is important not to be too optimistic or greedy.

Edited by valenciaeric

Mall of America Lego Store had at least two of these on the shelves over the weekend.  I left them behind as I was traveling for business. 

I feel your pain.  I went to Legoland in Atlanta last week and they had every hard to find set available for MSRP.  Sucks cause I was traveling for work so I couldn't pick up anything large.  But they had 4 ToO's, Red 5's, Death Stars, The big Jurassic World sets, sets, etc... Stinks!