10237 - Tower of Orthanc

Honoustly, to me that is risky business.

Until it reaches €1000... Says the optimist in me!

I'm still indecisive about getting more than 5, but the time is slowly ticking away to do so.

It's been interesting to see the odd investor and serious collectors crawl out of the woodwork in my pursuit for the Black Pearl. I don't think there's anyone holding more than one of a set over here. And I think the people who have done some investing have done it randomly and on impulsive hunches.

Nothing... he says that in every topic of a just retired set.

Meteoric rise straight out of the gates and months of stagnation/decline after that. BTW what is going on with Fire Brigade prices recently?

I'm still indecisive about getting more than 5, but the time is slowly ticking away to do so.

It's been interesting to see the odd investor and serious collectors crawl out of the woodwork in my pursuit for the Black Pearl. I don't think there's anyone holding more than one of a set.

It's been interesting to see the odd investor and serious collectors crawl out of the woodwork in my pursuit for the Black Pearl. I don't think there's anyone holding more than one of a set.

I think he meant the risk was looking to export markets to sell them. It´s not a 1000 euro set but it looks like it will do well in Europe as distribution was tight - especially this year and discounts few and far between so not many people can really sell it cheap unless they stole it.

• Like 1

Meteoric rise straight out of the gates and months of stagnation/decline after that. BTW what is going on with Fire Brigade prices recently?

Well... you'd better hurry up and sell your FB's before it is too late.

In other words... It is still August. If this would occur in December you can start to worry. 

Lol...they just keep making it!!    They are playing the game too it seems.   They're also making another round of the death star.  They will probably make another round of ToO because so many ordered again. They will think "let's just threaten retirement, and we'll sell many more than we normally would"  :) 

Ordered 2 here as well.  1 for display 2 for others someday.

Edited by conceptmachine

Why wouldn't they continue to make it? Every time it is available is sells out in an hour. If it was my company I would keep pumping them out until people stopped buying them too.

Except ToO probably doesn't sell at the same volume as many other new sets.  LEGO can't keep making all sets all the time.  LOTR/Hobbit is fading away and I'm sure LEGO would rather put the production resources into Star Wars than to keep this set going just because resellers are scooping them up during it's final days.

Edited by zskid00
  • Like 1

Except ToO probably doesn't sell at the same volume as many other new sets.  LEGO can't keep making all sets all the time.  LOTR/Hobbit is fading away and I'm sure LEGO would rather put the production resources into Star Wars than to keep this set going just because resellers are scooping them up during it's final days.

If I wait long enough, someone always posts what I wanted to say but more eloquently. Thanks for that.

At some point older sets--while still selling--just don't bring the volume of sales that something new would. Consumer fatigue, investor fatigue... it's like saying "The Sorcerer's Stone was a great book and sold well, so why did JK Rowling write six more?" Because consumers--especially fans--expect something new. A new book to read, a new set to build... books and Lego sets are different, sure, but the analogy is there

Of course, we still have that DS to deal with...

Watch for the new Box Design.:devil:

The one with Groot arm-wrestling an Ent? I'd pay for that.

• Like 2