10237 - Tower of Orthanc

Speaking as a reseller, this set will do very well.

This will be one of the best performing sets for the coming years in Europe. Anybody who can still find one, grab it. I've been selling lots of LoTR retired sets, and this is the MOTHER of all LOTR sets. Truly impressive and UCS. Will never be reproduced again. (I guess that's a too bold statement after what happened to the WV TS)

I agree with Ciglione. This set has all its stats in favour of it.

24 minutes ago, mudcatsfan said:

I am too. 

I wonder if it's just wallet fatigue? The horde can only horde so much before they hit their budget and/or credit limit :)

I think its that and a combination of other factors.  There are a lot of sets that are showing the signs so money is being spent all over the place.  Most of us reached our limit on this set already.  Some sets are worth doubling down on but I don't think this is one of them.  

3 hours ago, BrickLegacy said:

I think its that and a combination of other factors.  There are a lot of sets that are showing the signs so money is being spent all over the place.  Most of us reached our limit on this set already.  Some sets are worth doubling down on but I don't think this is one of them.  

I reached my limit, too. But I have high expectations on this one. We'll see. 

10 minutes ago, conceptmachine said:

I hit limit last week on these.  Must be a different seller?  Anyway, they let me get 1 more so i did it.  I got my share of these sets.  Don't think they will make it again...so ill get it while I can.

Your limit is weekly on Amazon...

I am very interested to see how well the sets that are "anticipated" to retire, appreciate. I don't believe this type of continuing restock happened last year (veteran members correct me if i'm wrong).  

I think people are becoming very weary of going too deep because sets continue to hang around and its hard to keep throwing cash at something that may not go away. I believe this way of phasing out sets from Lego is going to be very effective at minimizing the initial investing bump for most sets (diamonds in the rough will follow a different path).

I have backed off a few sets personally because of the sets phasing out and instead targeted some gambles instead. I may regret it in the future... we'll see.