7965 - Millennium Falcon

johncrumpton

What I don't understand is why people will pay $250,$260, $270+ for these on what I have to assume is Amazon? When there are brand new ones for under $200  on Ebay with zero bids. I have a hard time making sense of it.

​Laziness, convenience, marketplace knowledge (lack of), familiarity with interface, credit availability, ease of buyer protection policies, and many more reasons. 

What I don't understand is why people will pay $250,$260, $270+ for these on what I have to assume is Amazon? When there are brand new ones for under $200  on Ebay with zero bids. I have a hard time making sense of it.

​Amazon has a strong reputation of always having the lowest price. Buyers will search on Amazon, and often assume that they are purchasing from Amazon (at the typical low Amazon prices), even if they're not.

​Amazon has a strong reputation of always having the lowest price. Buyers will search on Amazon, and often assume that they are purchasing from Amazon (at the typical low Amazon prices), even if they're not.

And then some of them leave bad reviews about the product mentioning the bad reseller who charged too much :)

​How would you have predicted that the golden dragon set #70503 would have gone up by that much? I thought the ninjago theme is not a popular investment here. It could have been like the Epic Dragon Battle set #9450!

​true but as I said golden ninja is golden.

And then some of them leave bad reviews about the product mentioning the bad reseller who charged too much :)

​Which shows just how many buyers are deceived. 

For now, Amazon is more interested in getting more sellers, but in time they will look to focus on protecting their reputation. 

This is the golden age for selling on Amazon (if your conscience isn't bothered).

​Which shows just how many buyers are deceived. 

For now, Amazon is more interested in getting more sellers, but in time they will look to focus on protecting their reputation. 

This is the golden age for selling on Amazon (if your conscience isn't bothered).

​why would my conscience be bothered? i put the product out there at a market price, provide best possible customer service and on top of that get dinged 15%+shipping for every item. if someone doesnt like the price im not twisting anyone's arm to buy it. not one of my customers ever contacted me because they were "tricked" and left me a review stating they got ripped off. amazon = reputable dept store, ebay = flee market full of thieves. there is your price difference.

• Like 4

I still find it ridiculous that a set number, not even a picture mind you, of a set that isn't coming out until the fall causes so many people to panic right now. The average consumer has zero clue this new MF is coming out. None. Zilch. The people dumping it for $200 now are going to feel really stupid this xmas when the new one is sold out and this one is AND the new one are going for $250+ again.

Of course I never really understood the mentality of someone willing to do all this work for 5 cents on the dollar profit anyway, so maybe they won't feel stupid.

Edited by mscheaf

I still find it ridiculous that a set number, not even a picture mind you, of a set that isn't coming out until the fall causes so many people to panic right now. The average consumer has zero clue this new MF is coming out. None. Zilch. The people dumping it for $200 now are going to feel really stupid this xmas when the new one is sold out and this one is AND the new one are going for $250+ again.

Of course I never really understood the mentality of someone willing to do all this work for 5 cents on the dollar profit anyway, so maybe they won't feel stupid.

​stupid all the way to the bank :). everyone whom invests here needs to have set goals. once they're realized sell and dont look back. if one is hoping they will always go up, so why sell now, one day might wake up with a worthless pile of plastic. just like baseball cards, comic books and them now defunct .com stocks ...

Edited by jerryherb

​stupid all the way to the bank :). everyone whom invest here needs to have set goals. once theyre reached sell and dont look back. if one is hoping they will always go up one day one might wake up with a worthless pile of plastic. just like baseball cards, comic books and them now defunct .com stocks ...

Or Disney Frozen . Lol

• Like 1

​Why do I have the feeling we will be having the same discussion about death stars here in 6 months or so lol.

• Like 1

​stupid all the way to the bank :). everyone whom invest here needs to have set goals. once theyre reached sell and dont look back. if one is hoping they will always go up one day one might wake up with a worthless pile of plastic. just like baseball cards, comic books and them now defunct .com stocks ...

A worthless pile of plastic? It's a Star Wars Millennium Falcon, not a Walmart discount Ninjago set. It will be just fine.

• Like 5

A worthless pile of plastic? It's a Star Wars Millennium Falcon, not a Walmart discount Ninjago set. It will be just fine.

​all it takes is for lego group to go afoul with any special interest groups and cause general population to shun the brand. falcon = worth less overnight

​good example. now try something with "mothers" and "major US media outlet". it could happen, hope it does not as we're all in the same boat, but risks are what makes or breaks the investment.

​Are you saying the Turkish Cultural Association of Austria is NOT a major purchaser of Lego Brand products?

Clearly you haven't been to the TCAA_AFOL_BrickCon 2014. 

Place was nuts!

​why would my conscience be bothered? i put the product out there at a market price, provide best possible customer service and on top of that get dinged 15%+shipping for every item. if someone doesnt like the price im not twisting anyone's arm to buy it. not one of my customers ever contacted me because they were "tricked" and left me a review stating they got ripped off. amazon = reputable dept store, ebay = flee market full of thieves. there is your price difference.

​Flea market full of thieves ? Oh please.  While amazon.com is reputable, I object to the gross misrepresentation of the 3rd party sellers there :P  Both sites have reputable and non-reputable sellers 

​all it takes is for lego group to go afoul with any special interest groups and cause general population to shun the brand. falcon = worth less overnight

​Good argument to stop investing in LEGO altogether.  All you need is the media criticizing FB, GE, etc etc etc :D

Now we can continue talking about 7965

​Same thieves mostly - they're just disguised as being reputable.

​well here is your brand perception proof. once general population realizes that its all the same the prices will adjust, until then 7965 listed on amazon exclusively as it produces more money.

Edited by jerryherb