7965 - Millennium Falcon

johncrumpton

Guest TabbyBoy

If I had any I'd have got shot of them all by now. There's few things more disappointing than than a new/better model on the horizon causing values to nosedive. I'd rather make 200% on the way up than lose 25-50% on the way down. It seems like we have selling windows now and it's all in the timing so don't be too greedy!

Edited by TabbyBoy

I have 2 of the 3 I had left. I'm not going to keep one for myself so I may have to list them now. But what if the new one stinks?

Do like me. I intend to keep one. If the new one stinks... good! If the new one is better. I will open it and build it.

Sold today for $188. I have just one left now. I've never built one so in 2 minds whether to keep or sell.

I understand your dilemma, so I'll ask you a couple of questions.  How much do you love the OT?  Is this MF *your* MF?

I'm of two minds as well.  I have one 7965 left.  I was 4 in 1977.  This is *my* MF.   But my son is 3, and the upcoming MF...that will be his MF.  He won't care nearly as much about the OT MF as I do.

With that in mind, I kept my last 7965, and plan on building it (someday).  And I do plan on getting the new MF, and that one will be for my son and I. 

Hope that helps.

I understand your dilemma, so I'll ask you a couple of questions.  How much do you love the OT?  Is this MF *your* MF?

I'm of two minds as well.  I have one 7965 left.  I was 4 in 1977.  This is *my* MF.   But my son is 3, and the upcoming MF...that will be his MF.  He won't care nearly as much about the OT MF as I do.

With that in mind, I kept my last 7965, and plan on building it (someday).  And I do plan on getting the new MF, and that one will be for my son and I. 

Hope that helps.

Love OT! I have a toy MF, not Lego. I saw SWOT in 77, aged 6.

I know the dilemma. I'm not a huge Lego Investor. Only have 1 of SSD, R2D2 and now 1 MF 7965.

Guess I can always buy one back near the price I sold from from Bricklink etc?

Hope that helps.

The 7695 is an OK set IMO...as with all of the non 10179 Falcons.  I really wouldn't put too much effort into this set.  Sell them and put the money elsewhere.  

• Like 2

Who was that idiot MOD that said to dump?;)

i think it was us because we thought it wasn't truly done late last year.  How in the world could lego not keep 7965 at retail while the world waited for TFA refresh :( lego would have sold tons of them after the last teaser trailer.

heck, I made more profit off my used set than my MISB ones since I sold at $140-$150  each.

I remember everyone saw the initial spike and was like "Woooooooo hoooooooooo the sky's the limit on this one!" And I was like........

Especially if you consider that MF and X-Wing are the police HQ-s of Star Wars. Their appearance can be expected just as much as the sun is coming up each morning...

• Like 2

I'm not a QFLL so I believe there's money to be made for holding them...Not every one will want the new version...

Just refer back to my earlier post. I won't be picking up a 10179 but if I didn't have a 7965 I'd want it, just for the OT nostalgia. Like I said earlier this is *my* MF.
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...