Australian General LEGO Update

BrickPick3r

Guest TabbyBoy
10 minutes ago, Ted said:

"Jules_K" userid="37080"] Are you wanting this to build or sell? To sell just knock $5 off the lowest price and advertise it as damaged and it will sell straight away. 

I won't be selling this one but neither do i want to build it yet. You can say i am stuck but i am just pissed that we get this kind of treatment from Lego LEGO Shop at Home. Not only do we have to wait a long time for it to be delivered but have to pay a higher so called price as well and now this? don't get me wrong, their boxes normally arrived quite prestint. i guess this is just a one off.

If it's anything like the superb service we get in the UK, they'd probably send you a replacement and let you keep the old one. I know it's disappointing but, be polite unless it's Toys R Us where you can swear as much as you want! ;-)

46 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

If it's anything like the superb service we get in the UK, they'd probably send you a replacement and let you keep the old one. I know it's disappointing but, be polite unless it's Toys R Us where you can swear as much as you want! ;-)

LOL, I see you have some unfinished business with TRU. 

Oh i didn't know that the Lego Cust Service line is 24hr for Australia. Anyway just to keep you guys updated and also to praise the good service of the cust services. I will receive a new snow globe expedited delivery to me in 4 to 5 working days time. I also get to keep the existing damaged box snow globe. Hurray for 2 boxes of snow globe. However wife demand the damage box one immediately. Oh well all ends good.

7 hours ago, Ted said:

Juat stick the bad one in any box right? 4 days will be good as Xmas is nearing soon and office will be closed for the holiday period.

Put  it in the box the replacement comes in I meant.

If you want to build it ted , email them the problem. When they reply, send through the pics and tell them how disappointed you are but you will keep it and struggle through some how. CS are usually pretty good with the VIPs to help ease your pain. :) 

6 hours ago, Ted said:

Oh i didn't know that the Lego Cust Service line is 24hr for Australia. Anyway just to keep you guys updated and also to praise the good service of the cust services. I will receive a new snow globe expedited delivery to me in 4 to 5 working days time. I also get to keep the existing damaged box snow globe. Hurray for 2 boxes of snow globe. However wife demand the damage box one immediately. Oh well all ends good.

I probably should have read this before I started crapping on. 

A-wing pilot freebies guys with SW purchase over $45 at LEGO Shop at Home AU.

Screen Shot 2016-12-14 at 7.43.31 PM.png

18 hours ago, Ted said:

That's very nice of them to send out another one Ted. Glad to hear that it got resolved in a professional manner. 

Edited by kurnitb

Huge score at my local Myer (brookside, qld). 40% off all Lego. Offer valid until all stock gone, or January 9 when store shuts its doors. Passed on the brick banks and detective offices. And took a couple of speed champions Ferrari trucks ($65 each), a creator Ferrari @$62. Captain plasma figure for $12, and 4 of the new at-st at $38 each.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, whoisbiggles said:

Huge score at my local Myer (brookside, qld). 40% off all Lego. Offer valid until all stock gone, or January 9 when store shuts its doors. Passed on the brick banks and detective offices. And took a couple of speed champions Ferrari trucks ($65 each), a creator Ferrari @$62. Captain plasma figure for $12, and 4 of the new at-st at $38 each.

I'm also a Brissie boy. I resisted going there. At my local (Indooroopilly) I found yesterday that for the buy one, get one 50% off, only the Slave 1s had been gobbled up.  Brick Banks and Detective's offices were still untouched. If they hadn't been gobbled up at 40% off at Brookside today does not bode well for future modular investment. And 40% off in this country is a pretty good (unprecidented) entry point for modulars.

P.S - pls sell me an ATST,  I'm willing to pay more than 38

I'm also a Brissie boy. I resisted going there. At my local (Indooroopilly) I found yesterday that for the buy one, get one 50% off, only the Slave 1s had been gobbled up.  Brick Banks and Detective's offices were still untouched. If they hadn't been gobbled up at 40% off at Brookside today does not bode well for future modular investment. And 40% off in this country is a pretty good (unprecidented) entry point for modulars.
P.S - pls sell me an ATST,  I'm willing to pay more than 38

They were all gobbled up at brookside, they were about $160 each. In my opinion to far away from retirement to have hanging around.
Where as the Ferrari racers truck has just retired, aiming to flip al of these before next xmas.

Saw the Moana film on Monday evening, two pre-teen kids loved it. The theatre was packed. Trying to find the Lego sets, and only Kmart has the smaller set (41149) for $38. Was happy to pick up the larger set (41150) with both main characters from shopforme.com for $38.50 this morning with a 25% special. Purchased a few other things to get the free postage.

Did I miss the bricks and mortar drop? I don't recall seeing these sets in store.