Australian General LEGO Update

BrickPick3r

2 hours ago, whoisbiggles said:

Set I sold has been sitting at the Australia Post facility in Chullora NSW for 6 days.

Nervously waiting to hear that an effing forklift has run over the set.

Wooah, have you got insurance cover on it? Hope everything will turn out good mate.

On 06/02/2017 at 8:55 AM, Furious_george said:

Seems everything is slow going at the moment. Can't give the stuff away.

Ebay had a promo; 10 fee free listings fire Jan Feb. I've sold a few last two weeks. To my mind it's not slow. I guess it depends on your price and which set etc...

So what do you guys think of Tie Vs A Wing? Keep in mind you get Grand Moff Tarkin as well as new Vader. Good figs. But now it doesn't have a retiring soon tag anymore. Perhaps it's not retiring after all.

I've lost my appetite for most sets on SAH, since a lot of good ones have retired and there are few sets that are not already imported into Aus retail . Dunno if the Batman polybag is enough of a 'carrot' either. There are some great new sets out but it's too early days to bother with SAH for them. Better to get em on sale locally. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, kurnitb said:

Wooah, have you got insurance cover on it? Hope everything will turn out good mate.

Item has finally left Chullora this morning, fingers crossed it is undamaged.

As to insurance, item sold was $55, so if smashed up in transit will be fully covered by Auspost up to $50 + postage cost.

1 hour ago, whoisbiggles said:

So many Batman Movie sets on the shelves of local Big W's and K-Mart's, how long for some semi decent discounting??

If you are interested in getting them at 20% off RRP, shopforme has them at 20% atm but if you are into discounts greater than 20% then we might need to play the waiting game.

http://www.shopforme.com.au/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=34_215

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kurnitb said:

If you are interested in getting them at 20% off RRP, shopforme has them at 20% atm but if you are into discounts greater than 20% then we might need to play the waiting game.

http://www.shopforme.com.au/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=34_215

Thanks for the tip. I'm going to keep waiting, waiting, waiting.

I did note that the Temple of Airjitsu is coming to shopforme in April, and have heard rumours that same set will finally hit local stores.

2 minutes ago, whoisbiggles said:

Thanks for the tip. I'm going to keep waiting, waiting, waiting.

I did note that the Temple of Airjitsu is coming to shopforme in April, and have heard rumours that same set will finally hit local stores.

Yeap same here, the sales had slowed down post Christmas. I concur, the airjitsu temple looks awesome.

1 minute ago, Furious_george said:

Anyone else use the brickfolio function on here?  I just finished uploading all my sets yesterday and was surprised at the total. Didn't really check any prices as I went, just banged them in. 

Tried it, btw can we see the other people's brickfolio? :) just to make me feel better that I am not the only insane one who has spent huge amount of money on LEGO, :))

8 hours ago, jomandybri said:

Just loosed a 75150 Vader's TIE v A Wing for $210 cash in hand- buy in was $125 a couple of months ago. I can see them going alright, given their short lifespan (finally disappeared from LEGO Shop at Home yesterday I believe).

I'm on the fence on this. I have 2 and considering getting more. Can't tell if turd or gold. They aren't exactly selling up a storm on ebay. How many did you buy? 

1 hour ago, ED-209 said:

I'm on the fence on this. I have 2 and considering getting more. Can't tell if turd or gold. They aren't exactly selling up a storm on ebay. How many did you buy? 

Only 3- I could only source a limited number at a decent price, so I held off getting too many. I wonder if they don't sell a lot more because of limited supply, I never saw them at retail over here! Imported the couple I do have.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jomandybri said:

Only 3- I could only source a limited number at a decent price, so I held off getting too many. I wonder if they don't sell a lot more because of limited supply, I never saw them at retail over here! Imported the couple I do have.

Yea, they never came out here. 

• 2 weeks later...