Australian General LEGO Update

BrickPick3r

10 hours ago, Furious_george said:

No , not yet. Too early for me. I'm way too impatient.

The AT-ST will get the 20% treatment at some stage pre Xmas at Big W ($54.40) , but I'm a bit conflicted, it is the pick of this wave and should be in high demand after the film's release. But unlike scooby doo - shelves aren't being cleaned out fast.

City 2017 police sets look pretty dull except a few elements within a couple of the sets.

Shelves not being clear out fast might be because of any number of factors. Economy, being close to Xmas, more stock supplied from Lego etc...anything really. But i do notice buyer sentiments seems to be a bit lukewarm at the moment, compared to maybe half a year ago?

I thought of going aftee the volcanic explorer theme. but nah...i got the artic and the underwater diver theme so left it alone....the volcanic theme does look good with their bright colours.

5 hours ago, whoisbiggles said:

The AT-ST will get the 20% treatment at some stage pre Xmas at Big W ($54.40) , but I'm a bit conflicted, it is the pick of this wave and should be in high demand after the film's release. But unlike scooby doo - shelves aren't being cleaned out fast.

City 2017 police sets look pretty dull except a few elements within a couple of the sets.

Seems like that starts tomorrow.

Just got my disney castle order from LEGO Shop at Home, arrived with a little bit of damage to the box (refer to pics).
Do you think it's being too fussy if I sent it back? Will most likely end up keeping it for myself but would be a shame to give that as a present with the box like that or resell later.

Does anyone else have any opinions on the LEGO Shop at Home packaging? In general it's not too bad, however most the time those white straps are loose, wished they taped the boxes and added bubble wrap for the big exclusive kits.

image1.JPG

image2.JPG

• Like 1

Might be a hit and miss with the delivery from Lego LEGO Shop at Home. I personally get all mine in pristine condition, so am lucky but understand that some of you guys might get it in worse off situation. I guess the condition end up being the delivery guy responsibility or who is the one that pack his van? I reckon you can keep it since it is for a personal build but if it is a gift for others...maybe return it for exchange, explain nicely to cust service that it is a gift would be good.

• Like 1

I reckon not everyone cares about box condition. Some sets can be posted as a discount when de-boxed and flat packed.

A pity about your Disney House. I find Lego's packaging as adequate, but if you get a parcel handler who doesn't give a crap, stuff can arrive squashed. Consider it part and parcel of the 'mail order' game.

• Like 1

On 04/11/2016 at 7:05 PM, be_inspyred said:

Just got my disney castle order from LEGO Shop at Home, arrived with a little bit of damage to the box (refer to pics).
Do you think it's being too fussy if I sent it back? Will most likely end up keeping it for myself but would be a shame to give that as a present with the box like that or resell later.

Does anyone else have any opinions on the LEGO Shop at Home packaging? In general it's not too bad, however most the time those white straps are loose, wished they taped the boxes and added bubble wrap for the big exclusive kits.

image1.JPG

image2.JPG

Send that bad boy back. We pay a premium for LEGO. Not our fault LEGO is too cheap to open a store here(yet).

I don't put up with bent boxes. Bugger that.

34 minutes ago, Ted said:

i ordered my BWE online. couldn't be bother to go out since it is damn "hot" today. first real hot day in perth since summer?

Cmon ted harden up mate. Wasn't that bad. :)

1 hour ago, kurnitb said:

Did anyone manage to get the large sets from the bigW? 

Said yesterday get in early and layby what you want.

19 minutes ago, Furious_george said:

Send that bad boy back. We pay a premium for LEGO. Not our fault LEGO is too cheap to open a store here(yet).

I don't put up with bent boxes. Bugger that.

Cmon ted harden up mate. Wasn't that bad. :)

Said yesterday get in early and layby what you want.

Mostly out of stock mate. :(. The one online was out of stock like the moment they've applied the discount.

"Yes. I said get in Thursday and layby what you want . If they didn't give you the 20% off, go back the next day and apply it to your layby."

Wooo I didn't know that you can do that as I thought that once you've put your items away for layby the price will be fixed to the initial layby price. I've learnt some new stuff here. Thank's George!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kurnitb said:

Target is playing catching up with their lego sales - matching their prices with bigW and Kmart on city and 3in1 creator sets. As for the bigger sets - $50 off AOH and the Batman set.

Screen Shot 2016-11-07 at 8.21.08 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-11-07 at 8.20.57 AM.png

T

Thanks for sharing. Their prices are less competitive than what I've seen at Big W and Kmart lately.