Complaint Thread

rcdb1984

Guest TabbyBoy
32 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Can't print labels on eBay :mad:

That's hardly a complaint as I prefer to print my own anyway that are much easier to read and scan.

Can't search and find Complaint Thread and get Complaint Thread to complain about search (on mobile at least on mobile).

I know the names of threads/topics. If I enter that in search shouldn't I expect to get back at least something related to my search.

A search for "My order status" returns mostly DD topic. Topic titles should have weight. What's up with that?

46 minutes ago, Cozei said:

Can't search and find Complaint Thread and get Complaint Thread to complain about search (on mobile at least on mobile).

I know the names of threads/topics. If I enter that in search shouldn't I expect to get back at least something related to my search.

A search for "My order status" returns mostly DD topic. Topic titles should have weight. What's up with that?

Make sure you select "in content titles only"

Make sure you select "in content titles only"

Thanks for the hand.

Unfortunately this has no positive effect.
If I search for: My order status
With the titles option on the first Topic hit is my own post in "My order status" from today. That is about 4 scroll pages down on my phone. Mystified why with titles on the exact name of a topi/thread isn't returned (thread=topic, right?).

58362f3e69383_ImageUploadedByBrickpicker
58362f48b266e_ImageUploadedByBrickpicker

Anyway...

2 hours ago, c_rpg said:

Sellers messing up the sales stats on bricklink. It was bad enough for minifigures, now they're starting to do it on large sets too

Seeing the "Exclude incomplete" checkbox is not marked, perhaps there is a chance those could have been incomplete/partial sales. I have seen very low prices that turned out to be sets listed as incomplete for missing the box, some parts, a few minifigures, building instructions, or whatever.

• Like 1

Sellers messing up the sales stats on bricklink. It was bad enough for minifigures, now they're starting to do it on large sets too

What is the example with minifigs?

Similar super low price sales dragging down average (maybe also from incomplete as suggested)?

There is no benefit to sellers for a lower average so I'd doubt any messing around is specifically intentional.

7 hours ago, TheOrcKing said:

Seeing the "Exclude incomplete" checkbox is not marked, perhaps there is a chance those could have been incomplete/partial sales. I have seen very low prices that turned out to be sets listed as incomplete for missing the box, some parts, a few minifigures, building instructions, or whatever.

Yeah, I know about the "exclude incomplete" checkbox. For example on Assault on Hoth, some sellers will list only the snowspeeder or just generally for sets without minifigs. But unfortunately this is not the cause over here.

Rather, it was probably someone selling a bunch of stuff in a super lot. Setting every item super cheap to catch buyers attention and then just having one set at a ridiculously high price. This would be solved if they had an "exclude super lots" checkbox.

• Like 2

Decided I needed to take a shower, but knew I had parcels incoming today. Had just had a delivery so decided to go for it, thinking I had a window. Got in shower at 2:08 pm, got out at 2:22. Found door tag from Purolator saying they attempted delivery at 2:11. Their pickup station is not incredibly close, and the order is probably large. I don't have a car. 

Bah.

Edit 30 mins later: I take it all back. Went to drop some orders off at the post office, saw the Purolator truck. Caught up and it was my regular delivery lady. She handed the parcel over, only 1 block to carry. Karma or something I guess. Whoot! 

Edited by Zelgazra

Guest TabbyBoy

Does anybody here knows the Brickset admins? If so, can you please tell them to stop putting that sodding advert from blocking their articles and the Amazon EU price checker. The "X" to close it is off the screen on my tablet so I have to go upstairs and use my iMac. In your face adverts STOP me buying those products!

As for sodding cookie warnings, I bet people voted Brexit since this was an EU idea.

Edited by TabbyBoy

1 hour ago, exciter1 said:
My wife (aka Mrs. Profit Eater) decided my daughter absolutely needed the American Girl of the Year doll from the year she was born, of course several years later.  Mr./Mrs Reseller helped me out with this. You're welcome, Happy ****** Holidays!!!

Oh ouch. My wife as been an AG collector since 10 years before my daughter was born. I don't even want to think about the amount of LEGO profit that has gone into paying for AG stuff through the years. (For some reason, my wife thinks the girl needs a new doll every time we visit the store).

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

Oh ouch. My wife as been an AG collector since 10 years before my daughter was born. I don't even want to think about the amount of LEGO profit that has gone into paying for AG stuff through the years. (For some reason, my wife thinks the girl needs a new doll every time we visit the store).

I bet she's complaining on some AG forum right now that her husband needs a new Lego set every time you visit a Target;)

• Like 9

1 minute ago, BearCrash said:

I bet she's complaining on some AG forum right now that her husband needs a new Lego set every time you visit a Target;)

My wife doesn't mind me buying the LEGO, it's building the LEGO she hates.  She hates having the dining room and breakfast tables covered in LEGO when the boy drags it out all the time.

• Like 1