Craigslist robin hoods?

willy431

Luckily he only works weekends!   Easy pickings during the week!

This is the last bulk lot I an buying!  I promise!   

(Fingers crossed)

:telephone:  <-you didn't get a call from robin hood yet...did you?   Ok..be there in 10.   Don't check email or answer phone until then. 

post-14194-0-11970300-1384996751_thumb.p

• Like 1

Lol! My aunt (in law?) stopped over tonight to see my wife and saw a slew of new lego boxes that just came in from uk. She asked shouldn't we hide Will's toys until Christmas. My wife explained about our side business and gave her a tour of all the lego collection areas in the house....she was as close to in shock as you can get without smelling salts...especially when she saw the bulk I just bought in the laundry room.

She sat down and had some coffee...and asked my wife if we ever saw the show hoarders! I kid you not!

When she was leaving she came up to say bye to my son in his room, then ducked in the bathroom to say bye to me. She leaned over the tub ( where I was bathing my new bulk find--tub had at least 100 pounds and nearly full--with mr bubble everywhere. Not sure how long she was there..I turned around when I had that feeling that someone is watching you...she gave me a funny look, shook her head and left. Without saying goodbye!

My wife said when she was leaving she asked if she I knew I was upstairs bathing Legos!? My wife said she knew and was heading up to help me....then she asked if the rest of the family knew!? Nope---not yet--but I bet they will now!

My wife said to expect an intervention on thanksgiving! I'll be sure to have the fall scene and a bunch of lego turkey's as the center piece.

• Like 3

Everybody things our addiction is weird... Until they actually play with some Lego. I gave my dad a VW Camper and now he makes a point to ask about the hobby every time i see him. No more condescending smirks from the rest of the fam, either. They're all getting polybag stocking stuffers, that'll settle em down :)

Guest brickcrazyhouse

Lol! My aunt (in law?) stopped over tonight to see my wife and saw a slew of new lego boxes that just came in from uk. She asked shouldn't we hide Will's toys until Christmas. My wife explained about our side business and gave her a tour of all the lego collection areas in the house....she was as close to in shock as you can get without smelling salts...especially when she saw the bulk I just bought in the laundry room.

She sat down and had some coffee...and asked my wife if we ever saw the show hoarders! I kid you not!

When she was leaving she came up to say bye to my son in his room, then ducked in the bathroom to say bye to me. She leaned over the tub ( where I was bathing my new bulk find--tub had at least 100 pounds and nearly full--with mr bubble everywhere. Not sure how long she was there..I turned around when I had that feeling that someone is watching you...she gave me a funny look, shook her head and left. Without saying goodbye!

My wife said when she was leaving she asked if she I knew I was upstairs bathing Legos!? My wife said she knew and was heading up to help me....then she asked if the rest of the family knew!? Nope---not yet--but I bet they will now!

My wife said to expect an intervention on thanksgiving! I'll be sure to have the fall scene and a bunch of lego turkey's as the center piece.

print up a quick spread sheet of $ spent, $earned so far, $ for unsold inventory  yadda yadda ya keep it in your wallet  :shifty:

I've already warned my family about the I word.  I'm bringing everyone down with me.

My in laws are similar to yours. I don't think they 'get' what a business is. I can tell when my wife's been talking to them, because she'll come back at me with "Well where's all of this money you're making then?" And I point to another huge stack of Lego boxs and say, "Right there, it's reinvested." I explain to them that there's a very small window of time where you can really exploit the toy market, and that's between September 1st and about December 22nd. Every dollar I spend on toys returns about 2 dollars back. They look at you like you're nuts. I think after the Christmas season is over, I'll take a little hiatus and count my earnings, pay my taxes, account my inventory, and then gloat.

I may just go to the bank and get it all out in Dollar Coins. The gold ones. Fill my tub and swim in it Scrooge McDuck Style.

• Like 1

I may just go to the bank and get it all out in Dollar Coins. The gold ones. Fill my tub and swim in it Scrooge McDuck Style.

Be sure to send the photo to your in laws.  :money:

(When I got married and realized my mother in law -- fortunately my husband's recently acquired step mother so he had no close ties) and I were never, to put it mildly, going to see eye to eye, a friend of mine told me cheerfully, "Don't worry, she has to die sometime!"  :rofl:  )

• 1 month later...

Late to this topic, but in the same vein.

Earlier this year, someone listed a bunch of castle and cowboy stuff. Older stuff, most of it still put together.  It was easily $500-600 worth of stuff, that he put up on CL for $150 or best offer.

Well, of course, a few of us got into a bidding war with him, and that lit him up.  He replied to everyone that he'd take the best high offer, and asked everyone to email him.  Starting to get sketchy, but I'm willing to go with it.  So, I email him an offer of $275, and he lets me know that someone else has offered $300, so he'll get back to me.

Next day, he tells me the $300 person backed out, but since that person was willing to pay $300, would I?  Of course I tell him no.  He agrees to let me come see the stuff at $275.  I make arrangements with him.  Then, that morning, he calls me back to tell me that the $300 person has reconsidered, so he's going to talk to them again.

At that point, I told him to go pound sand, that I wasn't interested.  He emailed me back when the deal fell through, and just ignored him.