Craigslist robin hoods?

willy431

That was a score for 30 bucks too!  Balls!   Still no reply...hope she will take 75....still a score if there are figs and manuals.

At least you have possible scores.  I've had one Lego listing in my area in the past 9 months and it was the same scam that was posted in 30 other cities.

At least you have possible scores.  I've had one Lego listing in my area in the past 9 months and it was the same scam that was posted in 30 other cities.

I get a lot of crap, but a few good ones. There is one I am waiting on now - all the new line of Lego sets used. He wants 700 - BP value is $550ish.

I am waiting and then I am gonna slip in a $350 and see what he says.

Well, The nearest town in the US that im closest to is Laredo, Tx, and I have never considered Craiglist as it demands to meet the person almost the same day and it is a 3 hour drive each way, buuut last month I looked at it and that same day a person listed 4 POTC 4182 Cannibal scape and 4 Ninjago 2263 Turbo Shreeder for $15 each MISB they even where in their Lego shipping carton.... so I called him and offered 80 bucks for them and he said YES !!  wow !  I called a friend that lives there and they meet in a Target Parking lot, best deal I have found in craiglist... and the last one I am guessing....

For those of you who think I am exaggerating, or making this up.....look at the pre robin hood ad, and look what she just  posted....

I am thinking of emailing her and telling her I'll take it from a different account....and have her meet me at a donut shop.   Make her wait an extra 10 mins..then drive by her car and throw $200 monopoly money at her...all in singles and 5s.  Yelling keep the change, you greedy count!  <love the auto correct! As I pull out  of the lot sideways tires smoking.

5 years ago that is exactly what I would have done.  I am all  growed up now though....relatively.

post-14194-0-02236200-1384652486_thumb.p

You know....that is a great question!  We usually bathe and air dry everything....then my 5 year old and I look through everything  and play.   I'll have to snap some pictures...I have NO endgame!   I have no idea why I keep buying this stuff!  My house  is a disaster, and we have made 0 dollars on all the bulk we have  bought.  Is this  a sign of addiction...or lunacy?

1....buy ~200 pounds of dirty bulk lego..including figures taken right down to the chest..no arms even

3.  Profit

If it will finally earn my picture posting badge....I will post up some semi-shocking pictures tomorrow of our bulk.  I literally have  no idea how much we have. It has to be close to 100 pounds...or maybe even 200 pounds!  Never weighed legos before...no idea how much a big bins weighs.  I probably wouldn't read the scale right anyways.  

Another  funny thing...all the great help you folks have given me identifying  sets I probably have in my lots has been for nought so far.   Every time we try to make a set..we are always missing things and get frustrated---and  give up in despair.  We have piles in every room, both floors...so frustrating to find things.  We have tried color, shape and size, as well as theme and age sorting..all partial...and all complete failures!  It's depressing....I know there is value in our piles...but too frustrating to try and extract it. 

You know....that is a great question!  We usually bathe and air dry everything....then my 5 year old and I look through everything  and play.   I'll have to snap some pictures...I have NO endgame!   I have no idea why I keep buying this stuff!  My house  is a disaster, and we have made 0 dollars on all the bulk we have  bought.  Is this  a sign of addiction...or lunacy?

1....buy ~200 pounds of dirty bulk lego..including figures taken right down to the chest..no arms even

3.  Profit

If it will finally earn my picture posting badge....I will post up some semi-shocking pictures tomorrow of our bulk.  I literally have  no idea how much we have. It has to be close to 100 pounds...or maybe even 200 pounds!  Never weighed legos before...no idea how much a big bins weighs.  I probably wouldn't read the scale right anyways.  

Another  funny thing...all the great help you folks have given me identifying  sets I probably have in my lots has been for nought so far.   Every time we try to make a set..we are always missing things and get frustrated---and  give up in despair.  We have piles in every room, both floors...so frustrating to find things.  We have tried color, shape and size, as well as theme and age sorting..all partial...and all complete failures!  It's depressing....I know there is value in our piles...but too frustrating to try and extract it. 

The same happens with me. I try to find all the pieces I need to make a set from my bulk lot, then I come close to finding all the pieces. Very rarely, I find all the pieces I need for a set. Most of the time, I am missing a few unimportant pieces. I give up sometimes when I have to find a 1x1 tile in a huge pile of bricks. Then a couple days later, I find the tile I needed for the set, but I forgot which sets it goes to, and the process repeats.

Few more

That is a lot of bulk you have there. It would take me forever to get through all of that. Mine is probably about 10% of what you have. At least mine is all color coated so it makes it easier to find some pieces. All I have to do is sort it more so find pieces is faster and easier.

The only way I have found to deal with large bulk lots is to treat each one as a separate entity, recover what sets I can and that I think are worth it from a monetary and time standpoint then sell the remaining pounds on ebay. Then move on to the next giant pile of random LEGO. Any other way, for me anyway, turns into a huge mess.

• Like 1

Lol! Great fun guys! Never heard of that show! I didn't show the 4 closets STUFFED with new sets---or our spare bedroom completely full of new sets. It's embarrassing. I am going to have some splaining to do on thanksgiving when the Inlaws come.

I told my wife to start dropping hints at my lego madness now...so they aren't totally shocked. We are just about done buying (how many of us say this every week---before we buy more) -we even have sets stuffed under our beds, behind couches, above the laundry soap in the upper cabinets, under the sink, above the oven vent cabinet thing, We are literally out of control. Now what time is tru open till again tonight!?

Lol! Great fun guys! Never heard of that show! I didn't show the 4 closets STUFFED with new sets---or our spare bedroom completely full of new sets. It's embarrassing. I am going to have some splaining to do on thanksgiving when the Inlaws come.

I told my wife to start dropping hints at my lego madness now...so they aren't totally shocked. We are just about done buying---we even have sets stuffed under out beds, behind couches, above the laundry soap in the upper cabinets, under the sink, above the oven vent cabinet thing, We are literally out of control. Now what time is tru open till again tonight!?

Wow! That is a lot of new sets all over the place. My parents gave me half of the basement to put all my Lego sets in and I am running out of room.