Polybags - general discussion

Any polybaggers around here?  

362 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a polybag collector?

• I am a serious polybag collector and must have at least one for my personal collection.
    • I am a casual polybag collector and only buy what I like.
    • I do not collect polybags.
  2. 2. Do you invest in polybags?

• Yes
    • No
    • Depends

Hi all!  I'm looking at investing in some polybags for my kiddos while they're young so I can slowly amass an mip collection for when they're older.  Can I get some tips/pointers on which ones are good to pick up now, and which ones are characters/themes to look out for in the future?  I have 5 boys, so I'm going to be buying in multiples of 5...so trying to buy at minimal prices. :)  But I'm wanting to start putting some characters aside now that will be a good investment 10-20 years down the road.  Currently I have the red-arm C3P0's and Stormtrooper Sergeant.  I was thinking about the Olaf polybags?  Also, does anyone have any tips on how to pick up 5 of each, especially with the TRU promos?  I can't spend $75 x5 to get the special of the week.  And is there a list of upcoming polybags?

Thanks for all the help! :) 

That's just wrong.

The normal girl I deal with wasn't there so I'm hoping she hid the Silver Centurions (or the preorders finally picked up), but the store manager pulled it from the back. As someone who just started collecting again, I'm always excited when I find things I missed for cheap (and free is nice too). Plus it gives me a look through the portal@exciter1 uses for his deals.

2 minutes ago, Bags751 said:

All of you guys finding these polybags today inspired me to go check out some Gamestops near me on my way home from work. I now have 2 Silver Centurions. 

Last time I checked the going rate was $65 on Amazon. Good finds :)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...