Polybags - general discussion

Any polybaggers around here?  

362 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a polybag collector?

• I am a serious polybag collector and must have at least one for my personal collection.
    • I am a casual polybag collector and only buy what I like.
    • I do not collect polybags.
  2. 2. Do you invest in polybags?

• Yes
    • No
    • Depends

On April 5, 2016 at 6:37 PM, Bags751 said:

I haven't seen any polybags at any Target or Walmart near me since the holidays.

Target has them at the checkout lanes as impulse buy items. Found the fireman guy (sorry so unofficial) in Milford. Was not on file, but MOD wouldn't go less than $2. Bought the same one under the same circumstances at 1308. MOD said $0.50, so I bought it. My six year old is highly entertained by a flaming trash can.

1 hour ago, Shislerocco said:

Winter soldier was a polybag given with purchase at Lego store over a year or two ago

It was around June/July 2015 I belive.

41 minutes ago, Poly 30286 said:

Target has them at the checkout lanes as impulse buy items. Found the fireman guy (sorry so unofficial) in Milford. Was not on file, but MOD wouldn't go less than $2. Bought the same one under the same circumstances at 1308. MOD said $0.50, so I bought it. My six year old is highly entertained by a flaming trash can.

Thanks, I forgot about the checkout lines. 

51 minutes ago, Bags751 said:

It was around June/July 2015 I belive.

Thanks, I forgot about the checkout lines. 

You must not stand in line with little kids then. My kids will never let me forget Lego in the check out line as well as gum, candy, shopkins and everything else

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Salimr said:

You must not stand in line with little kids then. My kids will never let me forget Lego in the check out line as well as gum, candy, shopkins and everything else

I hate to break it to you, but you are being played. I taught my kids early on. The answer is ALWAYS "No". They don't even ask because they know my policy on impulse items. If you hear a toddler begging and screaming about a last minute candy bar or small toy, it's not my kid. I observed enough of these antics while I was serving my time in retail to know that I NEVER wanted that to be my kid. The only one who gets everything they want when they want it is me. :)

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Poly 30286 said:

I hate to break it to you, but you are being played. I taught my kids early on. The answer is ALWAYS "No". They don't even ask because they know my policy on impulse items. If you hear a toddler begging and screaming about a last minute candy bar or small toy, it's not my kid. I observed enough of these antics while I was serving my time in retail to know that I NEVER wanted that to be my kid. The only one who gets everything they want when they want it is me. :)

That's great you did that. I am lucky mine never beg or cause a scene, just point out everything and they know our Lego weakness :)

• 2 weeks later...

I just picked up a few "monthly mini models"

I'd never seen them before, and I couldn't find info about them here. Got a little info on BL, but j guess they are too new.

Are they good for investing, or just flipping?

They're pretty cute. My kids would love them.

4 minutes ago, donbee said:

I just picked up a few "monthly mini models"

I'd never seen them before, and I couldn't find info about them here. Got a little info on BL, but j guess they are too new.

Are they good for investing, or just flipping?

They're pretty cute. My kids would love them.

I've never done any research on them.  I personally ignore them, but I'm sure they're fine.  You can look them up on Brickset.

• 1 month later...

Can anyone tell me about the people on eBay selling loose 30605s for $15? I don't really understand where they are coming from. Factory thieves? Fake? I have 1 game coming but considered grabbing a couple more and selling off the game and selling the figures, but if $15 is the loose price, bagged won't do much better (I think). Anyone have any insight?

Can anyone tell me about the people on eBay selling loose 30605s for $15? I don't really understand where they are coming from. Factory thieves? Fake? I have 1 game coming but considered grabbing a couple more and selling off the game and selling the figures, but if $15 is the loose price, bagged won't do much better (I think). Anyone have any insight?

I noticed the same thing for 30606. The same seller has sold 150+ as well for that one.

Couldn't quite figure it out. Almost wanted to order one for the return address as that city is close to me.