Polybags - general discussion

Any polybaggers around here?  

362 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a polybag collector?

• I am a serious polybag collector and must have at least one for my personal collection.
    • I am a casual polybag collector and only buy what I like.
    • I do not collect polybags.
  2. 2. Do you invest in polybags?

• Yes
    • No
    • Depends

2 hours ago, stackables said:

So anyone have luck just buying the iron man poly separately from Gamestop?  I was going to give them a call when I get home from work.

I went to a gamestop today and was told "We only got in exactly as many as our preorders. We couldn't even sell one if we wanted to since it's not in the system."

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, thoroakenfelder said:

I went to a gamestop today and was told "We only got in exactly as many as our preorders. We couldn't even sell one if we wanted to since it's not in the system."

That stinks, might be harder to get then I thought.  There were a ton of plastic mans available and the value of that fig took a big hit.

I just called and was told the same thing on the phone.  They only got the amount for the pre-orders.  I assume lego made a lot more than enough to cover the preorders.

31 minutes ago, stackables said:

That stinks, might be harder to get then I thought.  There were a ton of plastic mans available and the value of that fig took a big hit.

I just called and was told the same thing on the phone.  They only got the amount for the pre-orders.  I assume lego made a lot more than enough to cover the preorders.

30320 was also a Gamestop freebie before TRU got a hold of it. I would hope for the same thing...

7 minutes ago, Lordoflego said:

I knew about 30320 being GameStop freebie because that's how I got 2-3 I had (sold long ago) but I didn't know that tru had it, when was it? 

Over summer. Was right before movie release as promotion which was messed up as usual which led to the unlimited online free for all a few weeks later

2 hours ago, thoroakenfelder said:

I went to two and saw the drawer they kept them in.  They had zero at one store, the other had 6;  exactly as many pre-orders as they took.  He said they sent exactly enough to fill the pre-orders and that was it.

2 hours ago, stackables said:

1 hour ago, stephen_rockefeller said:

You call it capitalism......I call it being a Dbag.

Ouch if that's true then that means someone's not getting their pre order bonus :/ 

Today a change in the Polybag's display boxes design caught my eye. 

TLG now cleverly depicts the finished models on the box, rather than showing a picture of two smiling kids. Plus, the themes are mentioned on the front flap. I think this design change will attract more kids and parents to these polybags. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Loghamel said:

Anyone notice the rate hike for first class postage?  I knew there was an increase, but I didn't realize it was so large.  It cost me $2.04 to ship any polybag before the hike.  Now it's $2.60.  That's right at a 25% increase.  Jeeeeeeez...

Yeah not happy about it either especially since I just trade minifigs and polys.  They raised prices by like 10 cents a while ago not another 50.  Not cool.

7 minutes ago, Loghamel said:

Anyone notice the rate hike for first class postage?  I knew there was an increase, but I didn't realize it was so large.  It cost me $2.04 to ship any polybag before the hike.  Now it's $2.60.  That's right at a 25% increase.  Jeeeeeeez...

There's a whole thread dedicated to the hike. The good news: I've sold a few "lots of 10 polybags" which happen to always weigh just under 1lbs. Previously the First Class Package cutoff was at 13oz, so I had to pay ~$5-$6 to ship. Now the cutoff has been moved to 15.999 oz (i.e. just under 1lbs) and I only pay $3.65 for the same shipment. So I save $2 per package, which helps my case since I offer free shipping.

• Like 4