Are fruitcakes running rampant on eBay lately? Selling, buying, listing, feedback, etc...

jaisonline

Buyer asked for refund right before I shipped out his items and wants to redo the transaction. Reason? He used a family member's PayPal account without notifying him/her in advance. -_-

​If he's stealing from family, I wouldn't hold out much hope for the ultimate end of any transaction with this doofus.

Do the mutual refund thingy and then put him on your blocked buyer list. ;)

• Like 1

​Done and done.

​He's at it again, had to report a UCS Star Destroyer this morning. Same idea as the person selling the Cafe Corner and Imperial Shuttle, different user name, but location the same and 1 feedback as a buyer, again from the same Chinese seller as the previous two times.

• Like 2

Sold a GE to someone with an asian name in California. First red flag.

After paying he immediately asked if I would ship this to Tawain instead of California. I refused. This is a free shipping, 48 state only listing mind you. Red flag #2 ( I should have just canceled and refunded at this point)

I sent it insured and adult signature required UPS. Once it got to CA, it was another 5 days before they could get him to sign it and get it delivered. Red flag #3 but only because it is in combination with 1 & 2.

2 weeks after the sale, I get another message asking if I still have the original receipts in case the set is missing parts and he needs to get them from Lego. Red flag #4

I messaged him back stating I bought the set a year ago from Lego.com and I have an electronic record of my purchase but that he wouldn't need that anyway, if the set is missing pieces lego will work with him if he says he bought the set from ebay. I have done this multiple times with sets I bought from ebay and bricklink that had missing or broken pieces. He then asked me for a copy of my original receipt. Red flag #5

Maybe I am paranoid but I feel like this guy is trying to scam me or someone else. I can only assume now since it's clear he can't rip me off what with me refusing to send it out of the country and having adult sig required that now he wants to try to return the set to a lego store using my receipt with my VIP info. Yeah, no.

I haven't decided how to respond to the request for my original receipt yet (I am going to say no, obviously, just not sure how to yet) but I have blocked this guy from buying anything else from me. Even if he isn't scamming he is being a PITA.

Edited by mscheaf

I've also had 2 issues regarding Asian country residents buying my "non international shipping" item.  They buy and then expect the free shipping.  It's a problem.  Then they ask if you can ship it to a States address which ends up being a port from which they have ship to them.  I had to cancel two order just the past few days on small polybags which I clearly stated U.S. shipping only and yet Asian country buyers have still been able to buy and end my listing.  Very annoying.  I have blocked these but also should report them for doing so.  It's costing me insertion fees.  

Now I understand there are more options to restrict certain areas of the world from buying but pretty sure "No International Shipping" in the listing should be enough.  Apparently not.  I've now put a disclaimer in all my listings from now on.  

A buddy of mine just sold something and is finding himself in a similar situation as you mscheaf.  It was shipped to Jersey address, then all the sudden the buyer 6 days later says he received in in South Korea and that it was damaged.  Gimme a break with that crap! 

I hate people sometimes. 

I've also had 2 issues regarding Asian country residents buying my "non international shipping" item.  They buy and then expect the free shipping.  It's a problem.  Then they ask if you can ship it to a States address which ends up being a port from which they have ship to them.  I had to cancel two order just the past few days on small polybags which I clearly stated U.S. shipping only and yet Asian country buyers have still been able to buy and end my listing.  Very annoying.  I have blocked these but also should report them for doing so.  It's costing me insertion fees.  

Now I understand there are more options to restrict certain areas of the world from buying but pretty sure "No International Shipping" in the listing should be enough.  Apparently not.  I've now put a disclaimer in all my listings from now on.  

A buddy of mine just sold something and is finding himself in a similar situation as you mscheaf.  It was shipped to Jersey address, then all the sudden the buyer 6 days later says he received in in South Korea and that it was damaged.  Gimme a break with that crap! 

I hate people sometimes. 

​The problem is blocking international bidders only blocks based on shipping address. AS long as they have one of those freight forwarding companies as their shipping address, ebay and paypal will not block them. Period. You USED to be able to block non US accounts in Paypal, but they removed that setting. As long as someone has a US shipping address, there is no way to auto block them. I guess I will patiently await my inevitable SNAD on this....

I have the following problem:

Coincidence or not. I sold two legosets abroad to two different countries. I have shipped them at the end of April. Due to being very busy and my inexperience with shipping abroad I made a mistake by not shipping it with tracking. Now both customers came back to me stating they did not receive anything yet.

Maybe a stupid question but is there anything I can do? 

Help of experienced abroad sellers is highly appreciated. And yes, I know I made a terrible mistake by not using the option of tracking.

Ask them to wait a little longer since you shipped internationally. There is nothing you can do but to wait. Without tracking you're hoping for: 1. Buyer honesty in reporting when it arrives. 2. It actually making it through international shipping with no problems.

Sorry, lesson learned.  You might have to eat the cost of both sets. 

I have the following problem:

Coincidence or not. I sold two legosets abroad to two different countries. I have shipped them at the end of April. Due to being very busy and my inexperience with shipping abroad I made a mistake by not shipping it with tracking. Now both customers came back to me stating they did not receive anything yet.

Maybe a stupid question but is there anything I can do? 

Help of experienced abroad sellers is highly appreciated. And yes, I know I made a terrible mistake by not using the option of tracking.

​Hopefully they are not very expensive items - never ship without tracking.

First, do not tell them that you have no tracking. Let them know that you are sorry about the delay and will be contacting the Post office to get an update on its status. If it hasn't been that long, it could very well be in customs. If you feel that enough time has passed, and suspect that the person likely did received it (and just wants it for free), you could always bluff - and say that the post office has confirmed that it was delivered. If they are lying, and have the package - they will believe you. If they respond continuing to insist that it didn't get delivered, then certainly issue a refund (or replacement).

Thanks for your responses. 

I asked both customers to wait for another week and see if it arrives. If not, I will have to refund them. Expensive lesson but a good one. 

I will keep you posted about the developments.

It took 28 days to ship a camera from east coast to Italy with the cheapest international mail by USPS. Hopefully your package is faster than my experience. 

It took 28 days to ship a camera from east coast to Italy with the cheapest international mail by USPS. Hopefully your package is faster than my experience. 

​It took me a minute to understand this. I was stuck at: "From the east coast of Italy to where?" There are a lot of east coasts.

Every time I post an auction up, the same account bids 1 cent, never bids above that. She actually managed to get a polybag for that when there was no other interest. Is this a regular thing, do I just accept it, or do I block her?

Although it may be annoying to you, It is within eBay policy to do that.  This is part of the risk with auction listings. I bid the min amount from time to time just to see if it sticks :)

You do not need a reason to block anyone, but I save my block list for the non payers and scammers ;)

• Like 2

Although it may be annoying to you, It is within eBay policy to do that.  This is part of the risk with auction listings. I bid the min amount from time to time just to see if it sticks :)

You do not need a reason to block anyone, but I save my block list for the non payers and scammers ;)

​But I can stew over it and hold a grudge right, I do like a good ***** and moan :)

Every time I post an auction up, the same account bids 1 cent, never bids above that. She actually managed to get a polybag for that when there was no other interest. Is this a regular thing, do I just accept it, or do I block her?

​Do not block her.  Be happy for her.  If you can't swallow losing once in a while start your auctions at break even, especially low to moderate demand items. She did nothing wrong. I've hqd similar experiences with .99 cent auctions.  I've learned to smile and say good for them.  It is kinda what the original 'spirit' of what Ebay was.  The chance to get a steal. I would not have a problem starting a Series 1 Mixel at a penny...a Friends Series 2 polybag probably not.  With multiple small auction items I keep an average sales price mentality...some will over pay...some will get a bargain...in the end my margins are good.  And another thing is how many accounts does she have.  Block one...get bit in the ass (revenge FB) by another. 

​And people making unsolicited offers and asking idiotic questions.

• Like 1

​Do not block her.  Be happy for her.  If you can't swallow losing once in a while start your auctions at break even, especially low to moderate demand items. She did nothing wrong. I've hqd similar experiences with .99 cent auctions.  I've learned to smile and say good for them.  It is kinda what the original 'spirit' of what Ebay was.  The chance to get a steal. I would not have a problem starting a Series 1 Mixel at a penny...a Friends Series 2 polybag probably not.  With multiple small auction items I keep an average sales price mentality...some will over pay...some will get a bargain...in the end my margins are good.  And another thing is how many accounts does she have.  Block one...get bit in the ass (revenge FB) by another. 

​It's not about swallowing a loss once in a while, that's fine, it happens, it's the fact that it's every single auction. Just bugs me for some reason, I know it's silly and irrational.

Not going to block her, I might just up the P&P costs in my local market. Ireland's a very small market, even more so on ebay, most of my sales are likely to be to the rest of Europe.

This did make me laugh, im amazed he has had any bids

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Lego-10179-UCS-Millennium-Falcon-/161712055278

From the description - "Please note that I do not actually have the pieces at the moment. If you bid on this auction and win it, the second you pay I have all the bricks for this set in my Lego Shop basket and I will order them immediately. After receiving cleared payment, you can expect to receive the set within 30 days. The pieces will be shipped to me first where I will ensure everything is there and correct. "