Are fruitcakes running rampant on eBay lately? Selling, buying, listing, feedback, etc...

jaisonline

Hi everyone.

I'm a bit new here but I think this is the right thread to ask this. I'm not a huge Ebay seller (I have 44 feedback, all positive). I sold a Shock Clone Trooper minifig to somebody. So we're talking about a 10$ sale or something. That person has a (1) rating. They got the figurine but say the helmet was missing. I'm positive the helmet was there. I told them to check the packaging and make sure as I do not have an extra red helmet laying around, and I put the helmet on the head to prevent crushing. The fig is also in a small ziplock bag.

Assuming they stick to their story and the helmet is nowhere to be found.  What would you do? Reimburse and move on, or stick to your guns??? This is my first "complaint" so I'm a bit at a loss. 

Thanks for the tips. 

Am I safe in presuming that a Cafe Corner with a starting price of 99 cent on a 1 day auction from a seller with 1 feedback might not be 100% legit. Or have you cynical folks turned me into suspicious head already :)

Edited by gregpj
Spelling

Am I safe in presuming that a Cafe Corner with a starting price of 99 cent on a 1 day auction from a seller with 1 feedback might not be 100% legit. Or have you cynical feckers turned me into suspicious head already :)

​Do you have a link to this auction, I am curious to see if there is anything odd about it.

​I do need one to replace the ones that I sold but I am not in the market for it until the summer due to multiple vacations but I searched on ebay and couldn't find it and that is why I asked.

Analysis: I agree with the above reviews of the listing.

​More like report it... that listing has fake written all over it. Stock photos, 100% plagarized description, new user account from March.

Report, don't bid.

​That's what I thought. If I had something that valuable to sell, I think I'd be looking to try to build up My feedback a bit first. One feedback as a buyer isn't very convincing.

Yet it still has people who'll bid on it. 

So it turns out I was a cynical poster to start with anyway :)

Oh and I love the fact that Barnes and Noble gets the #### treatment for being rude and I get away with using <shiny happy people>:lol:

Edited by gregpj
a curse is a curse is a curse and is not allowed even if slang

​In the return case I assume I pay for the shipping back as well + the refund?

​I would offer a partial refund close to the cost of shipping it back.  Normally on an item $10 or less I try to work things out before sending it back.

• Like 1

​I would offer a partial refund close to the cost of shipping it back.  Normally on an item $10 or less I try to work things out before sending it back.

​I will try that tonight after I make sure I didn't actually forget and have the helmet lying around. Somehow this really gets to me even if it's a really minor issue ($$$-wise). 

I'm not sure how you guys do it when dealing with possible liars and huge sets...

I will never ever offer partial refund again. Too many scammers. Have a solid return policy, and hold them too it. I am still at 100%  but care if I drop below that. I get threatened usually about once a month.

My policy is NO returns if opened at all, they can do a SNID case.

If used/open lego or loose minifigures, they pay shipping, and 20% restock fee. 

Posted in my store policies and all my listings. Protects me from giving a buck or two or getting extorted. Even if they seem like a super nice guy, send it back at their cost and then they have the 20% fee, they usually end up keeping it

• Like 2

I will never ever offer partial refund again. Too many scammers. Have a solid return policy, and hold them too it. I am still at 100%  but care if I drop below that. I get threatened usually about once a month.

My policy is NO returns if opened at all, they can do a SNID case.

​+1.  Join the club.  I'm done giving partial refunds as well.  If I get a hit on my feedback, so be it.  I just had someone try to extort a partial refund.  I said no, send it all back for a full refund.  Never heard from him again.  Good luck.

• Like 1

​More like report it... that listing has fake written all over it. Stock photos, 100% plagarized description, new user account from March.

Report, don't bid.

​By any chance do you remember the seller's name on ebay from yesterday with the Cafe Corner? I think they're back today with an Imperial Shuttle 10212. Same idea, seller says item location Austria, but click into the user and says from Hungary with only one feedback and joined at about the same time as yesterday's chancer. 

​By any chance do you remember the seller's name on ebay from yesterday with the Cafe Corner? I think they're back today with an Imperial Shuttle 10212. Same idea, seller says item location Austria, but click into the user and says from Hungary with only one feedback and joined at about the same time as yesterday's chancer. 

​link?

​not the same. doesn't mean that it wasn't purchased (or stolen) by the same though.

​There's definitely a connection. I remember looking at the feedback on yesterday's seller and he only had one from a Chinese seller and coincidentally today's seller has only one feedback from the same Chinese seller.

• Like 1

​not the same. doesn't mean that it wasn't purchased (or set up or stolen) by the same though.

​Yeah, the username didn't look familiar to me either. Still looks dodgy. Member since March 24, made first purchase yesterday, now has a listing. The listing is better, but offering int'l shipping so cheap ($20) on an auction is also a scammer red flag.

I repeat...

Report, don't bid.

• Like 1

​Yeah, the username didn't look familiar to me either. Still looks dodgy. Member since March 24, made first purchase yesterday, now has a listing. The listing is better, but offering int'l shipping so cheap ($20) on an auction is also a scammer red flag.

I repeat...

Report, don't bid.

​Done and done.

• Like 1