Are fruitcakes running rampant on eBay lately? Selling, buying, listing, feedback, etc...

jaisonline

​It's not about swallowing a loss once in a while, that's fine, it happens, it's the fact that it's every single auction. Just bugs me for some reason, I know it's silly and irrational.

Not going to block her, I might just up the P&P costs in my local market. Ireland's a very small market, even more so on ebay, most of my sales are likely to be to the rest of Europe.

​Yeah...I know the aggravation all to well...Causes you to think, "not this *%#&!^#@! again"  You could always get a friend to Shill Bid it up (JUST KIDDING)

​Yeah...I know the aggravation all to well...Causes you to think, "not this *%#&!^#@! again"  You could always get a friend to Shill Bid it up (JUST KIDDING)

​And she hasn't paid for it yet, least she could do is pay her one cent straight away so I can get her off my to do list, grrrrrrrrrr. :mda:

It´s people like this that cause problems for honest sellers. Why offer Paypal payment and list item as new when both are false (ebay UK requires you to accept paypal, I guess). Ok, the full description clarifies it but you are asking for trouble advertising it in this way.

Guess the winning bidder will be a 0 feedback, do a NAD claim and get a used MF for free.

Edited by valenciaeric

It´s people like this that cause problems for honest sellers. Why offer Paypal payment and list item as new when both are false (ebay UK requires you to accept paypal, I guess). Ok, the full description clarifies it but you are asking for trouble advertising it in this way.

Guess the winning bidder will be a 0 feedback, do a NAD claim and get a used MF for free.

​Worth a bid then?  haha

Its not even going to be "complete" he's substituting loads of parts with their cheaper counterparts.

​And people making unsolicited offers and asking idiotic questions.

​I just read something about being a retired vet and using LEGO for physical therapy this morning... not that I'm not sympathizing, but is it really a thing?

​I just read something about being a retired vet and using LEGO for physical therapy this morning... not that I'm not sympathizing, but is it really a thing?

​lol that's a good one. I had a lady not only play the C card for her kid, but then doubled down with another family member. Then triple down with another. And finally quadruple down with another. I think discounted lego was the least of her worries.

Edit: reading comprehension. I thought this was being used as an excuse for a discount, not just asking the question if it's real.

Edited by tonysbricks

There is a member here that does that. I will not out him, but you can look it up if you dig enough. He even wrote a blog about it way back when.

There is a member here that does that. I will not out him, but you can look it up if you dig enough. He even wrote a blog about it way back when.

​I had a lady buy a used Fire temple from me... said her kid had autism and loved to play with Lego, but she only had so much time to assemble sets and wondered if I could ship it assembled. It cost me a couple extra bucks to ship in a larger box (and no way it stayed 100% assembled) but I packed it up as nice as I could. It's a legit thing ... many people find building Lego therapeutic for many different reasons.

I think I recall a news story or something somewhere where Jeremy Clarkson of Top Gear used Lego as part of his therapy when recovering from a car crash years ago.

Every time I post an auction up, the same account bids 1 cent, never bids above that. She actually managed to get a polybag for that when there was no other interest. Is this a regular thing, do I just accept it, or do I block her?

Not that I ever use it but... if you can find it,  there's software available that scopes .99 cent starting auctions in specified themes & automatically puts in a $.01 bid for you. It can also find any unbid auctions seconds before closing & drop a bid for you... it's similar to, but subtly different than sniping software but was pretty useful - if you had one that could be tightened enough to avoid the shipping antics.

​How would the winning bidder get it for free...No return - No refund.

Reading these posts brings to mind some of the sob stories I've recieved from people wanting discounts on HTF or rare video games.  I always figured it was a scam sent to many sellers with the hope someone would bite.  Anyway...they go straight to the blocked bidder list.

The most honest theing would be to report the ad to Ebay - then no one gets ripped off.

​I reported this to eBay but the CS guy said the only thing that wasn't OK was the "new" & then "to be built" (not new) aspect, so NAD. I think the entire listing is bizarre...

• Like 1

This did make me laugh, im amazed he has had any bids

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Lego-10179-UCS-Millennium-Falcon-/161712055278

From the description - "Please note that I do not actually have the pieces at the moment. If you bid on this auction and win it, the second you pay I have all the bricks for this set in my Lego Shop basket and I will order them immediately. After receiving cleared payment, you can expect to receive the set within 30 days. The pieces will be shipped to me first where I will ensure everything is there and correct. "

​Sold for $1,578.75 USD plus shipping.

• Like 1

An example of how to offer a similar item in an open and clear way.

Hard to say how much it really costs to assemble all the parts - depends if they are new or used and if they are subs or the real deal. One should also factor in the time element of sourcing and checking such a big set.

​This has now been pulled. Thank you again eBay...

The system works!​

An example of how to offer a similar item in an open and clear way.

Hard to say how much it really costs to assemble all the parts - depends if they are new or used and if they are subs or the real deal. One should also factor in the time element of sourcing and checking such a big set.

​I still need to work out how much mine cost in the end. Im guessing around £500 with black rigging, black levers, black right angle technic bits instead of yellow and a sticker dish. As you said, not to mention the hours of ordering/checking etc

Would hope to get £700 tho

​By any chance do you remember the seller's name on ebay from yesterday with the Cafe Corner? I think they're back today with an Imperial Shuttle 10212. Same idea, seller says item location Austria, but click into the user and says from Hungary with only one feedback and joined at about the same time as yesterday's chancer. 

Caught this guy again, reported 2 postings for an Imperial Flagship and a Maersk Train with about 2 minutes to go. He really should change his MO, everytime it's a seller with on feedback from the same Chinese seller, alwaya based in Hungary, but delivery is from Austria. You think he'd shake it up a bit.

• Like 1