Are fruitcakes running rampant on eBay lately? Selling, buying, listing, feedback, etc...

jaisonline

6 minutes ago, Jackson said:

If $150 isn't that big of a deal, please send $150 my way. Thanks.

I just got off the phone and they said it could take 75-90 days. Which is absolutely nuts considering it shows shipped and received. But, whatever. There isn't much I can do about it.

4 minutes ago, Rodeogeorge said:

The seller provided general pics of the built set.  No mention of any defects. 

I think I found the listing - If so, it doesn't show much detail in the photos, but the damage is significant enough (and pretty obvious) that it should have been mentioned.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, iahawks550 said:

I just got off the phone and they said it could take 75-90 days. Which is absolutely nuts considering it shows shipped and received. But, whatever. There isn't much I can do about it.

$150 is obviously a big deal for Paypal since they should be able to reimburse you the money while doing their investigation.

• Like 1

That sounds like it's a credit card chargeback not a simple PayPal dispute. Just be prepared to lose. If the buyer didn't authorize the charge (I.e. Fraud) then you wont win the chargeback and then it's up to the whim of PayPal if you are covered under seller protection.

22 minutes ago, DadsAFOL said:

That sounds like it's a credit card chargeback not a simple PayPal dispute. Just be prepared to lose. If the buyer didn't authorize the charge (I.e. Fraud) then you wont win the chargeback and then it's up to the whim of PayPal if you are covered under seller protection.

how about we sent to the confirmed address which said "eligible for seller protection" ? I got similar claim for 75054+75055 combo awhile ago and it only took paypal to release the money after 1 day. I hope PP is not going to change since i give up on Amazon 

I cancelled my store subscription as the promotional rate was going to expire. Looks like they're not going to let me go that easy.

eb556b39d2f613bd37b9fe021405a424.jpg

Oh, eBay; throw in some rolls of eBay branded BOPP tape, and you have yourself a deal!

Every box I send to FBA is covered in eBay tape ;)
  • Like 1

Sold a 75904 Scooby Mystery Mansion to a 0 feedback-er the other week. It went unpaid. I cancelled and re-listed. High bidder ATM is another "new member" w/ similar bid pattern.

It's just this one item (I have other auctions), and I don't see a pattern based on other sold 75904s. Could just be coincidence but eh. Anybody else experience something like this?

I bought a couple complete series 17 sets for "pre-order" from a seller.  The seller provided me with a tracking number several days after the transaction.  This surprised me because they were not suppose to ship til mid May.  Of course the items haven't actually be sent.  Can you not have pre-orders on ebay.  What would be the reason the seller giving me a tracking number but not actually sending the sets?

2 minutes ago, stackables said:

Can you not have pre-orders on ebay. 

Pre-orders are fine according to the eBay guidelines below. Not sure what's going on in the situation you've described.

"If you want to list presale items, you must meet all of the following criteria:

• Guarantee that the item will be available for shipping within 30 days from the purchase date. Be sure to clearly state this information in your listing.

• Clearly indicate in the listing that the item is a presale item.

• The handling time specified in your listing should reflect the time from the end of the listing until the item is shipped to the buyer. Be sure to specify the correct handling time in your listing."

• Like 2

I bought a couple complete series 17 sets for "pre-order" from a seller.  The seller provided me with a tracking number several days after the transaction.  This surprised me because they were not suppose to ship til mid May.  Of course the items haven't actually be sent.  Can you not have pre-orders on ebay.  What would be the reason the seller giving me a tracking number but not actually sending the sets?

Possible the stock has come in. Or they know it's arriving shortly and they are prepping their shipping packages.
  • Like 1

I have a set with two best offers eBay. I decided to counteroffer each at $1 less than the original offer to ensure immediate payment. The first counteroffer has expired and the next will expire soon. Now I feel like I should've just accepted the higher offer and hope they would pay but I guess when it comes down to it, if they were going to pay in the first place, why not accept the lower counteroffer?? 

23 hours ago, oneknightr said:

I have a set with two best offers eBay. I decided to counteroffer each at $1 less than the original offer to ensure immediate payment. The first counteroffer has expired and the next will expire soon. Now I feel like I should've just accepted the higher offer and hope they would pay but I guess when it comes down to it, if they were going to pay in the first place, why not accept the lower counteroffer?? 

Update: Both offers expired yesterday morning. Last night, one of the original buyers sent me another offer. This time for $220 (previous was $227 and I countered with $226). I accepted within 5 minutes of the new offer and still haven't been paid yet. I don't know what to think. BIN was $250. With all the recent scams lately, I'm trying to figure out how this could be one. I feel like it's not but I have no clue. Should I message the buyer to confirm that he did indeed place the new offer if and when he does make payment?

21 minutes ago, oneknightr said:

Update: Both offers expired yesterday morning. Last night, one of the original buyers sent me another offer. This time for $220 (previous was $227 and I countered with $226). I accepted within 5 minutes of the new offer and still haven't been paid yet. I don't know what to think. BIN was $250. With all the recent scams lately, I'm trying to figure out how this could be one. I feel like it's not but I have no clue. Should I message the buyer to confirm that he did indeed place the new offer if and when he does make payment?

Counter with $210.

2 minutes ago, minicoopers11 said:

lol, I guess I'm being a little harsh, but I think this is what is giving the offerors pause? The seller countered at LESS than they offered...

As a buyer, this would seem odd and I can see why they would think the seller would be willing to go lower and wait and offer less.

OP, I would just accept the offer that you're happy with, some buyers just take a minute to pay. 

14 minutes ago, Sprocket77 said:

I'm confused, which one of you is the fruitcake :D

1 minute ago, minicoopers11 said:

lol, I guess I'm being a little harsh, but I think this is what is giving the offerors pause? The seller countered at LESS than they offered...

As a seller, I find it works best to counter with an amount that is higher than what the buyer has offered (not lower).

pzv5j7l.jpg

• Like 6

LMAO...loving these comments.

I got the idea of submitting a counteroffer for $1 less from fellow BP'ers. This was something people here did to prevent non-payment by accepting best offers. If your auction is set for immediate payment required with BIN and you accepted a best offer, then the immediate payment isn't applied. To counter that issue, some BP'ers here provided the tip to counter for less than the original offer because if the buyer accepts the counteroffer, they will be forced to send immediate payment. The premise would be that a serious buyer would obviously accept a counteroffer lower than their original offer.

So that's what I did. I even put a message in one of my counteroffers saying that I am sending a counteroffer for $1 less since I took a little over a day to send it thanking them for their patience. 

So I accepted the new best offer for $220 last night and am now just awaiting payment. Crossing my fingers they pay. I've had two instances in the past where I accepted best offers and the buyer never paid.

Edited by oneknightr
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/9/2017 at 8:50 AM, oneknightr said:

LMAO...loving these comments.

I got the idea of submitting a counteroffer for $1 less from fellow BP'ers. This was something people here did to prevent non-payment by accepting best offers. If your auction is set for immediate payment required with BIN and you accepted a best offer, then the immediate payment isn't applied. To counter that issue, some BP'ers here provided the tip to counter for less than the original offer because if the buyer accepts the counteroffer, they will be forced to send immediate payment. The premise would be that a serious buyer would obviously accept a counteroffer lower than their original offer.

So that's what I did. I even put a message in one of my counteroffers saying that I am sending a counteroffer for $1 less since I took a little over a day to send it thanking them for their patience. 

So I accepted the new best offer for $220 last night and am now just awaiting payment. Crossing my fingers they pay. I've had two instances in the past where I accepted best offers and the buyer never paid.

Does a counter offer work differently than replying to a message with an offer? I did the latter not long ago and it said "immediate payment isn't required."

SendOffer.JPG.66789a7b28ff5d5e5dfd6bafbdbc025b.JPG
I don't use Best Offer, but that doesn't stop people from asking. :( Grrr....