Let's get proactive about LEGO scams on eBay.

StarPod

This is quite interesting. My initial analysis is that the kid is a just a troll looking for attention. I have actually dealt with that seller through eBay (Aunt Rachel's Store). I bought a bulk lot and some old Batman sets from her a while back and it was a good deal and came exactly as described, no problems... Then, about 2 months ago, I noticed on eBay a bunch of listings that had used my custom made images that I use for my listings. You guessed it... Aunt Rachel... I immediately emailed her (very cordial and polite mind you, but firm), and she replied right away, apologizing and saying that she "found the images on Google." Finding that hard to believe, I then immediately searched Google for some the minifigures of the images she stole from me, and the only ones I could even find were on like page 3 or 4 of the results. So, clearly she was lying, and just jacked them directly from my eBay page. It was funny too, because it was painfully obvious that she stole the images because the rest of her LEGOs that had her normal pics looked like, ehem, total crap. Anyways, she did immediately take them down. Also, she asked me if would license them to her. I said no, so she made her own knock off versions copying my exact layout, but looking very doodoo. Hooray! Anyhow, all that being said, she's clearly a bit shady, but had excellent service on the items I bought from her in the past. Also, she has almost 9000 feedback rating, 99.8% positive. Despite her shadiness with the whole images thing, I definitely still side with her here. Also, and this is the most important part, is that I searched her "completed listings" on eBay, and since the beginning of April she's probably sold about 20 custom Mr. Golds, all auction style, and all explicitly stating that they're "CUSTOMS". The highest one sold for $56. Also, as I stated earlier, her eBay store as is named "Aunt Rachel's Store." The kid says in the beginning of the video that he bought it "ON EBAY, FROM BRICKSHOP." This clearly is false because as seen on the business card, Brickshop is the Bricklink storefront name. So, even if the kid was even more confused that we all originally though, and he in fact bought if from Bricklink, I highly doubt that this lady does her eBay legit and then screws people on Bricklink. It makes no sense whatsoever except for the kid's a troll out for attention. And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why I never post anything in the forums, because it turns in to an investigative, ranting tirade. Haha, if you read this far, I'm impressed! -PB

I think that he misread the listing, I watched that video a while back and as soon as I saw his "mr gold" I could tell it was fake just by looking at it. the color scheme is completely off. if the picture in the listing looked like that then it is definitely his fault for not reading more carefully. there are a bunch of custom mr gold figures listed on ebay and even the ones that look and match the real mr gold color scheme are listed as "custom".

This is quite interesting. My initial analysis is that the kid is a just a troll looking for attention.

I have actually dealt with that seller through eBay (Aunt Rachel's Store). I bought a bulk lot and some old Batman sets from her a while back and it was a good deal and came exactly as described, no problems...

Then, about 2 months ago, I noticed on eBay a bunch of listings that had used my custom made images that I use for my listings. You guessed it... Aunt Rachel... I immediately emailed her (very cordial and polite mind you, but firm), and she replied right away, apologizing and saying that she "found the images on Google." Finding that hard to believe, I then immediately searched Google for some the minifigures of the images she stole from me, and the only ones I could even find were on like page 3 or 4 of the results. So, clearly she was lying, and just jacked them directly from my eBay page. It was funny too, because it was painfully obvious that she stole the images because the rest of her LEGOs that had her normal pics looked like, ehem, total crap.

Anyways, she did immediately take them down. Also, she asked me if would license them to her. I said no, so she made her own knock off versions copying my exact layout, but looking very doodoo. Hooray!

Anyhow, all that being said, she's clearly a bit shady, but had excellent service on the items I bought from her in the past. Also, she has almost 9000 feedback rating, 99.8% positive. Despite her shadiness with the whole images thing, I definitely still side with her here. Also, and this is the most important part, is that I searched her "completed listings" on eBay, and since the beginning of April she's probably sold about 20 custom Mr. Golds, all auction style, and all explicitly stating that they're "CUSTOMS". The highest one sold for $56.

Also, as I stated earlier, her eBay store as is named "Aunt Rachel's Store." The kid says in the beginning of the video that he bought it "ON EBAY, FROM BRICKSHOP." This clearly is false because as seen on the business card, Brickshop is the Bricklink storefront name. So, even if the kid was even more confused that we all originally though, and he in fact bought if from Bricklink, I highly doubt that this lady does her eBay legit and then screws people on Bricklink. It makes no sense whatsoever except for the kid's a troll out for attention.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why I never post anything in the forums, because it turns in to an investigative, ranting tirade. Haha, if you read this far, I'm impressed!

-PB

I read it all.......I have had to take my foot out of my mouth a few times because I just skimmed through a post, so I read entire posts now.

Anyways, she did immediately take them down. Also, she asked me if would license them to her. I said no, so she made her own knock off versions copying my exact layout, but looking very doodoo. Hooray!

How much was she offering to license the photos? She must be really bad with a camera.

• 1 month later...

Edit---if you follow the above link---it only has 4 jabbas now.  He had 10 VW buses buy now for 85, 5 horizon trains for 90, 10 of the jabbas for 85, and 5 helms deep for 83--all buy now.  But...if you look in completed---it doesn't show he sold them--and listings are gone.  Weird.

Another one that advertised on ebay---definite scam.  Emailed the guy to call me--as I had a $1400 order and a few questions on where he was located.  Didn't call--but emailed me his number and said he would answer any questions if I had trouble with my order..  Called the number--fake number.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/williamshops?ref=ks_wide

I emailed Ebay--they need to be careful who is advertising on their site---it's going to ruin their reputation.

A buyer from Israel just bought my last three Lego Pirates of the Caribbean The Mill. What makes me nervous is that their seller rating is only 7 and all the items they have bought are over 90 days old so I can't even see what they were.

Should I:

a) Cancel the sale

B) Contact the buyer and hear their story

c) Send them a combined invoice using a shipping method that protects me as a seller and refuse to ship any other way

Thanks,

Mark

I think you're assuming that this is a scam, when based on your description nothing here says scam to me.

C should never be a question. You should always ship such that you follow PayPal's seller protection rules.