Let's get proactive about LEGO scams on eBay.

StarPod

The "Limit One Per Customer" is a dead giveaway every time, while the big box stores do like to restrict buying, an ebay seller has absolutely no reason to.

I got two pet shops on my second drop ship order, I was able to return them to Walmart and they refunded the persons credit card, made my day!

Good point about the limit.

So did you get your money back?

Yeah, the funny thing was that I reported it to Google Wallet several times for a refund and could not get a response from them at all, once I notified the seller though, I got my money back in a few minutes! Apparently they didn't want any waves, despite my attempts to flag them, no one at Google Wallet seemed to care, but naturally Walmart wasn't very happy, they didn't tell me to return anything but I felt it would the simplest way to resolve it. I have actually been on the other side of one of these scams before and for me, it was $2100 taken out of my bank account from paypal, it was a huge disaster and I would never want anyone to go through all of that.

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEGO-TECHNIC-UNIMOG-8110-BRAND-NEW-BOX-/251243060659?_trksid=p2047675.m1985&_trkparms=aid=444000&algo=SOI.CURRENT&ao=1&asc=13&meid=6168430944633354491&pid=100012&prg=1014&rk=1&sd=261150882928&

Drop shipped items are a tiny fraction of his business, most of his sales are auctions for real items he has in his store, why would he be drop shipping? He is also actively listing his current items, I don't get why he would jeopardize his real business like this, a drop shipper wouldn't have that many real auctions for real medium dollar items like that, way too much work!

You guys think this is a legitimate sale? I'd like to see some of the past sales for this set, I haven't seen it going for $180 free shipping when NIB...ever. Scratch that, the only time I did was from guy who was listing them for $169 that was selling tower bridges for $200 shipped and I only saw him because a member (I think Ed) posted it as an example of en illegal drop shipper.

Typical Fraudulent Drop Shipper Warning Signs: 1) Almost always Buy It Now. 2) Stock Picture 3) Price usually much lower than average ebay sales (Too good to be true) 3) Minimal Feedback of around 20 or less with similar Lego sales at rock bottom pricing 4) Almost always larger, more expensive sets These guys will never have a 1000+ feedback because once people start reporting them they move on to another user name/account.

I have not heard of that before, that would make sense I guess but I have no idea how it works exactly, thats kinda the info I was hoping to get from this thread.

Well, I just bought it, we will see what happens I guess, I don't know if there is a way of backing out of the sale now.

I think you'll be OK. This set has been selling in the $160-$180 range, plus the seller has over 1000 feedback with all sorts of sales, not just LEGO sets. If I didn't have one, I would have bought it.

I honestly think its a little unfair for us to just be assuming these guys are "Shyster Shippers" Who knows where he could have gotten the set. I pick up sealed sets all the time off of craigslist for prices that would allow me to undercut other sellers. So thats not really fair to just assume because I got a Sealed Robie house for 100 that me selling it for 140 is illegal.