Comic-Con Exclusive Minifigures 2013

IrishGuy66

Coolest One  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think is the coolest one?

• Green Arrow
    • Black Suited Superman
    • Spider-Man
    • Spider-Woman

I'm not sure it's wise to bid that high an amount on an item being sold by someone who has a feedback score of 5...

==

I like how this guy says he'll ship it "USPS First Class Package". For $1000+, bump it up to Priority or something. Geez.

Also, I like how this other guy has to clarify that he's NOT selling Azog.

Guest idunno101

Wow, I wonder how much is going to be payed out by the end of the auction. Those people that are bidding sure have a lot of money on their hands. If this minifigure is ever released in a set the buyer is definitely going to be disappointed. Anyway let's see how this auction plays out :popcorn:

I can tell thats where LEGO loosing money...better sell it as exclusive for........Hmmmm :hmm: ...around 50-75.00...and make everybody happy.

It is mentioned in another thread that they legally can't sell these type of minifigs by themselves due to the contracts they enter with the license holders. 

actually its a good idea to make very exclusive minifig to sell..why not....LEGO got exclusive sets.

The other thread (I forget which one at the moment) said that they would be classified as 'action figures' instead of 'building toys' and that would infringe upon rights of the companies that have the license for action figures. Semantics is a crazy thing my friend. 

It has been confirmed that a different version of Azog (all I know is that the new one will be lighter in color) will be showing up in set/s in the future.

...? Was there a hint on Eurobricks or elsewhere about this? I would typically think this character will appear sometime in the future but I haven't read anything about that yet. Azog here just looks like a 'preview' minifigure to me.

The other thread (I forget which one at the moment) said that they would be classified as 'action figures' instead of 'building toys' and that would infringe upon rights of the companies that have the license for action figures. Semantics is a crazy thing my friend. 

This is correct. It is why Lego had to glue the minifigures together for the magnet sets. Collectors were buying them just for the figs as a cheaper alternative. It did not last long however. Add onto that the possible dwindling sales of the sets with the figs in them (such as the Yoda/Mace/Dooku CW magnet set)

...? Was there a hint on Eurobricks or elsewhere about this? I would typically think this character will appear sometime in the future but I haven't read anything about that yet. Azog here just looks like a 'preview' minifigure to me.

I think it is discussed in the new episode of "The Brick Show" about the Azog auction reaching $1,500.

There are more than 200 Black Suit Superman minifigures, just so you know.  200 was the number given away at the LEGO booth.  There were more given away than just in that raffle.

Where? When? And where was this discussed?

Because EVERY source I've read/seen/heard about has listed the number at 200. Green arrow and Superman is at that amount and Spiderman and woman were at 350. 

There are more than 200 Black Suit Superman minifigures, just so you know.  200 was the number given away at the LEGO booth.  There were more given away than just in that raffle.

I went back and just checked every site I could find that mentioned LEGO and SDCC in the same article. The quantites that have been listed  (350, 350, 200, and 200) are correct. Here is just one source from Brick an Blocks:

The LEGO Black Costume Superman is selling for a ridiculous $500+, largely due to the fact that only 200 of the Black Superman minifigure were also made.

I also just texted my half-brother and cousin who lives in Arizona and were in attendance but not lucky enough to get any figures (Though they did get the exclusive sets). They also confirmed that the numbers that have been said are correct. 350 Spiderwomen, 350 Spidermen, 200 Supermen, and 200 Green Arrows are all that are in existence.