Comic-Con Exclusive Minifigures 2013

IrishGuy66

Coolest One  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think is the coolest one?

• Green Arrow
    • Black Suited Superman
    • Spider-Man
    • Spider-Woman

So, when I saw the bidding for the current Black-Suit Superman was already getting into the $500s, I jumped and got one under $600 with the Buy-it-Now feature. But now my Superman collection is currently up-to-date and 100% complete. 

Pricey but...

67c6b_ORIG-I_Ain_t_Even_Mad.jpg

They raffle them off and the place to get most of them are at the big shows like SDCC, NYCC, Lego Toy Fair, and WonderCon. These are high value and the prices can really move on you but if played right can bet thousands of dollars and best of all there are no storage issues.

BTW, tomorrow's Green Arrow raffle is going to go for EXTREMELY high prices on ebay. It is the most wanted minifig of the con and also one of the most limited. 

My prediction was right: http://bit.ly/130HRQH

However, 0 Green Arrows have been sold so far. Yesterday, 7 Superman figures were sold in the first hour. Also, more people have listed the Green Arrow than any other 2013 exclusive SDCC minifigure. 

My prediction was right: http://bit.ly/130HRQH

However, 0 Green Arrows have been sold so far. Yesterday, 7 Superman figures were sold in the first hour. Also, more people have listed the Green Arrow than any other 2013 exclusive SDCC minifigure. 

I don't know a lot about Super Hero sets, Exobro.  Any idea why Green Arrow hasn't sold yet?  I think the GA fig is the best looking one of the lot...

I don't know a lot about Super Hero sets, Exobro.  Any idea why Green Arrow hasn't sold yet?  I think the *** fig is the best looking one of the lot...

Many people agree with you on that one as well, including myself. When pictures of the figs were first released the entire online LEGO community was drooling over Green Arrow. I think the nature of the eBay listings so far have stopped people from jumping. Most of them are auction style, and the Buy-it-Now listings are the highest they have been yet. Plus, 19 *** figs total have been listed. That is a lot in a short amount of time, so buyers are taking this one slow. Basically, the people who are selling this fig are shooting themselves in the foot. If they had waited a week or two they could have gotten more imo. 

That's a big gamble on Azog.  I'm sure he'll be released in new set at some stage.  Though I guess it will be a variant so not an exact copy. 

I like that these figures are priced this high and are selling for this much when considering how much cooler they are than a Mr Gold 

Brickset has pictures of the packaging of the SDCC minifigures. None are outstanding, but it does beat getting a polybag!

bp_1374191862__screen_shot_2013-07-18_at

Tell me I`m not the only one who would want minifigs sold like this in the Lego isle in the future? Forget foil packets, Lego should make some extra-nice (pardon the language) figs with exclusive printing and sell them individually. At the very least, do the CMF like this with insert cards. They`de sell like hot cakes!

• Like 5

Tell me I`m not the only one who would want minifigs sold like this in the Lego isle in the future? Forget foil packets, Lego should make some extra-nice (pardon the language) figs with exclusive printing and sell them individually. At the very least, do the CMF like this with insert cards. They`de sell like hot cakes!

I honestly don't know why they haven't sold or given out minifigures in blister packs like these before. They're great this way! You wouldn't even need to take them out to appreciate all the little details.

I honestly don't know why they haven't sold or given out minifigures in blister packs like these before. They're great this way! You wouldn't even need to take them out to appreciate all the little details.

They can't sell licensed figures like that due to their licensing agreement. If they do, it stops being a building toy as opposed to an action figure, or however their classification goes. They did have a work around briefly with the magnet sets, which for a little while wasn't actually glued together meaning you could pull it apart and just have the figure. That was why there was a flood of key Star Wars characters for a short period of time, before Hasbro I believe caught wind and made them stop.

Of course, they are able to sell their own minifigs like it.

• Like 1

They can't sell licensed figures like that due to their licensing agreement. If they do, it stops being a building toy as opposed to an action figure, or however their classification goes.

So they can't intentionally sell a licensed minifigure this way but they can give one away for free? Huh.

Don't you just love semantics? :wacko:

So they can't intentionally sell a licensed minifigure this way but they can give one away for free? Huh.

Probably Licensing again. Lego probably has a clause that allows them to do promo minifigures, such as the ones at SDCC and often as VIP offers. Technically they're not being sold (I could be wrong about SDCC, I don't know if you have to buy them, I was under the impression they're given as a free raffle), they're just event promos.

Yes, they can give them away. It is why they do the raffles or just hand figs out. I can't tell you whether or not it costs to go in the raffles.

I am not sure how they work for polybags as their has been some licensed ones out, but obviously it all depends on the license and the agreements that are in place.

When I was first getting back into Lego a few years ago I wanted to order a heap of droid figures, so I figured the best way to do it was contact Lego directly (very na

So, when I saw the bidding for the current Black-Suit Superman was already getting into the $500s, I jumped and got one under $600 with the Buy-it-Now feature. But now my Superman collection is currently up-to-date and 100% complete. 

Pricey but...

67c6b_ORIG-I_Ain_t_Even_Mad.jpg

if i follow you you just paid almost 600 dollars for a lego mini figure. All I can say is WOW! I can't fathom doing that

if i follow you you just paid almost 600 dollars for a lego mini figure. All I can say is WOW! I can't fathom doing that

Most of us buy non-necessities on a regular basis. A non-Lego friend might not be able to fathom why I spend $200 on a tiny brick building, and I can't fathom why she wastes her money on pedicures.

Provided one is meeting one's financial obligations, preparing sensibly for the future and/or emergencies, and providing for themselves and/or their dependent family, what we all choose to pay unfathomable money on is pretty much an individual priority list.

• Like 1

Most of us buy non-necessities on a regular basis. A non-Lego friend might not be able to fathom why I spend $200 on a tiny brick building, and I can't fathom why she wastes her money on pedicures.

Provided one is meeting one's financial obligations, preparing sensibly for the future and/or emergencies, and providing for themselves and/or their dependent family, what we all choose to pay unfathomable money on is pretty much an individual priority list.

Here is my personal experience with these.  There is a frenzy to get them and so the price is higher if you want to be one of the first to have one or all of them.  As you say this is a personal choice.  What then typically happens is the prices drift lower as the demand slows a bit.  Then based on things like movies or other promo type events these can see a price escalation again.  The key for someone who wants to make money on these is trying to find the sweet spot to buy and sell.  I have personally been able to flip the yoda and last years Marvel ones for a nice profit by buying them when it seems less people are interested and selling when news about Star Wars or Marvel stuff gets everyone interested again.