What do your displays/collections look like?

hreed1985

I love seeing these and hope to one day have a place to really do something like this for my kids. My biggest concern is that once it becomes too big, they really can't play with it, because standing on the outside of the city, they would never be able to reach the inside of the city. Thats the challenge I would have to find a way to overcome.

I love seeing these and hope to one day have a place to really do something like this for my kids. My biggest concern is that once it becomes too big, they really can't play with it, because standing on the outside of the city, they would never be able to reach the inside of the city. Thats the challenge I would have to find a way to overcome.

I've seen people build horseshoe shaped tables that might be a nice way to allow you to get inside of the city. This would be what I want to ultimately do but I need to finish the unfinished area above our garage first so we have some room to have a bigger table like that. Right now we are stuck with about 5'x10' area.

This is a very nice setup. Do you plan on incorporating a train or monorail at any point?

If we have enough room I would love to include a train. We have a couple more modular to build and then we are going to build a few custom buildings. Eventually we will have to rearrange everything to fit more.

The Fire Brigade is in there too. It is just hard to see next to the Grand Emporium and with the lighting.

I really like how you incorporated the light house, marina, and seaside cottage. Is the construction next to the grand emporium a green grocer? :)

I wish. I have been outbid on eBay for a Green Grocer more times than I care to admit. So the space in the middle might be for a couple custom buildings or a variation of the haunted house (made to fit the style of the city).

I might buy some plans for a building or two from here: http://www.brickcitydepot.com/modular-buildings.html

Sweet city, LD! I wish my wife would build Legos with me...I can only hope our still in the womb child likes to build with dad.

How much do you think you have tied up in that city?

A really rough estimate might be about $1100 so far. The mining stuff adds to that cost. The city mine is tucked way back in the corner on the table and might be removed if we need the space.

We might swap out the old road plates with the newer darker ones. Not sure yet. I like the dark ones and my wife likes the light ones.

Are you sure it's safe to have such a dangerous industry (mining) so close to a major city? ;) I think the loop for the gas station is great. Those old gray plates are awesome - we went with dark grey in our city because it was just too hard to find nice clean ones in the classic style!

Are you sure it's safe to have such a dangerous industry (mining) so close to a major city? ;)

I think the loop for the gas station is great. Those old gray plates are awesome - we went with dark grey in our city because it was just too hard to find nice clean ones in the classic style!

The price of those beach homes is definitely going down because of being right next to the mine that's for sure. My wife found a way to clean the old road plates and make them like new again. I will post how to do it shortly.

Yeah, I bet its retro-brite, my wife has made it a bunch of times, you need glycerin and high strength peroxide and a few other things I think, there are some variations but they all work the same way, you put the stuff on your legos, sit them in the sun and they return to their old colors.

A really rough estimate might be about $1100 so far. The mining stuff adds to that cost. The city mine is tucked way back in the corner on the table and might be removed if we need the space.

We might swap out the old road plates with the newer darker ones. Not sure yet. I like the dark ones and my wife likes the light ones.

I personally think the darker road plates look better IMO. They have a more realistic color and they look like a normal black and yellow striped road. On the other hand, trying to convince your wife about that might be the hard part. (;

This is the plate I'm talking about.