What do your displays/collections look like?

hreed1985

Here is my inventory, I'm able to fit it all inside of the original shipping box from LEGO!   :queen:   My goal is to start building inventory from now until Fall of 2014.  Once I have built the inventory up at discounted prices then I will begin to unload once sets start to go EOL.  Once that is going, hopefully by 2016 I will be able to pull out my initial investments, then the LEGO hobby will be self sustaining and generating its own cash flow.

• Like 1

Here is my inventory, I'm able to fit it all inside of the original shipping box from LEGO!   :queen:   My goal is to start building inventory from now until Fall of 2014.  Once I have built the inventory up at discounted prices then I will begin to unload once sets start to go EOL.  Once that is going, hopefully by 2016 I will be able to pull out my initial investments, then the LEGO hobby will be self sustaining and generating its own cash flow.

Hope it works out for you.

Guest eightbrick

Here we go, bookcases...ikea.

Why its upside down?

It's a beauty! They sure look real organized when they are all placed like that together.

But there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Some Atlantis set are doing good. But there are not a lot of them.

I'm going to have to disagree with you on that one. I did read your articles on Atlantis, but my definition of "good investment" and "good return" is very different from yours. You had said that doubling your money after 6 years isn't that bad a performance. Sure it's ok, but you can get faster cash in tons of other sets! Just buy a battle pack, and you could quadruple your money in the same amount of time. Maybe they aren't a huge flop, but that doesn't make them great.

I'm going to have to disagree with you on that one. I did read your articles on Atlantis, but my definition of "good investment" and "good return" is very different from yours. You had said that doubling your money after 6 years isn't that bad a performance. Sure it's ok, but you can get faster cash in tons of other sets! Just buy a battle pack, and you could quadruple your money in the same amount of time. Maybe they aren't a huge flop, but that doesn't make them great.

All of this depends on the set. I have to agree with you that that the Atlantis sets are not the worlds best investment, but they can make you a little money. This is all depending on the set. The best Atlantis set has a CAGR of about 18%. Not the best, but you can still make money on it, but not that much. Also, there is a lot of sets that make better money. Much better investment choice than Atlantis.

Guest eightbrick

All of this depends on the set. I have to agree with you that that the Atlantis sets are not the worlds best investment, but they can make you a little money. This is all depending on the set. The best Atlantis set has a CAGR of about 18%. Not the best, but you can still make money on it, but not that much. Also, there is a lot of sets that make better money. Much better investment choice than Atlantis.

18%? That is peanuts in this game. As a theme, Atlantis has caused much pain and misery for the Lego investor. The sets are cool but don't even try to defend it as an investment. Toy Story has a set with a CAGR of 19%, but to most investors it would be more aptly named horror story. One good set in a bad theme doesn't mean a good theme.

I don't have room in my current home to keep mine up so most mine get built, put back in the box, then put in the back room. But I do keep my modulars up in the living room on the mantel.

I have those same sets, but in a bit of a different set up - gotta love the modulars. Lego is not producing them fast enough, so i have ventured down the path of custom buildings

• Like 1

I have those same sets, but in a bit of a different set up - gotta love the modulars. Lego is not producing them fast enough, so i have ventured down the path of custom buildings

I love the modulars. They've been some of my favorite builds. I wish I wouldn't have missed the corner cafe, market street, and green grocer. One of these days I'm going to grab up those other three sets off of eBay.

Guest eightbrick

This is random question but what is the little green arrow on the right side of people's posts? I tried to hit that to reply to a comment, which didn't work, but it did something else that I'm not exactly sure of.

The green arrow and number beside the post is the post reputation scale. Similar to the "like" feature on facebook, people will like comments they agree with, or comments that are helpful, clever, witty, etc. A green number means the post has positive feedback, a red number means negative. Reputation points give you two brickpoints for every time you get a point. To quote (reply) to a post, hit the quote button. If you would like some more information about brickpicker, check out this excellently written blog: http://community.brickpicker.com/blog/4/entry-394-making-your-way-through-the-brickpicker-wilderness-a-beginners-guide-to-brickpicker/ Hope that helped. To view how much reputation you have, go to your profile and click reputation. Welcome to the site, by the way :)

The green arrow and number beside the post is the post reputation scale. Similar to the "like" feature on facebook, people will like comments they agree with, or comments that are helpful, clever, witty, etc. A green number means the post has positive feedback, a red number means negative. Reputation points give you two brickpoints for every time you get a point. To quote (reply) to a post, hit the quote button. If you would like some more information about brickpicker, check out this excellently written blog: http://community.brickpicker.com/blog/4/entry-394-making-your-way-through-the-brickpicker-wilderness-a-beginners-guide-to-brickpicker/ Hope that helped. To view how much reputation you have, go to your profile and click reputation. Welcome to the site, by the way :)

Thank you, that was a big help!

I always get so self conscious about my LEGO room as it is nowhere near done.  But it has come a long way in the last month and wanted to showoff my modest collection. :D

bp_1376205172__lego_001.jpg

bp_1376205183__lego_002.jpg

My classic Spaceport MOC and collection....Someday it will be something to see lol

bp_1376205191__lego_003.jpg

bp_1376205204__lego_004.jpg

And finally the mess on the floor that I need to finish cleaning up....But hey what is LEGO without pieces scattered all over the floor :whistle:

bp_1376205211__lego_005.jpg

I hope the images aren't too big or intrusive.  I just need more shelves and another table or two but it will come with time.  Thanks all!

Guest eightbrick

Aw, man I love all those classic Space and Castle displays! See you got a Fort Legoredo and some good ol' pirates in there too. Lovin' those rare black baseplates, good job!